2016 Presidential Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Presidential Run

Interesting group of candidates and even though it is quite early, who do you really think is going to be in the running for the GOP? I don't see anyone challenging Hillary so the left seems like a lock.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Give me Ted Cruz (preferred) or Rand Paul. It's nice to finally not have to decide between big government or bigger government. Either one of those guys, particularly Cruz, will wipe the floor with Hillary in the debates.

Comment

There's talk of Elizabeth Warren challenging Clinton on the left. And there's a ex-governor from somewhere that I heard mentioned as maybe taking a shot, too - but the Dem nomination is Hillary's to lose.

From the right, Cruz and Paul have entered early enough to pull the rest of the field back towards a more constitutional conservative track.

Rubio is a big government RINO, so is Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush is Satan. I will vote Green Party before I vote for him. Ben Carson has no shot. The chick that ran HP is too comfy with crony capitalism.

People (press) are fawning over Scott Walker. He's got balls, but not enough to do what needs to be done on a national level to get the US back in decent financial shape.

Comment

Damn Skip .... When I saw the headline I thought you were announcing your candidacy ...

Comment

I really wish that candidates outside of the Republican and Democratic parties were given more coverage and taken more seriously.

I'm a big supporter of Gary Johnson, but unfortunately the general public never hears about candidates like him.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
          2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
          2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
          2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post
            I really wish that candidates outside of the Republican and Democratic parties were given more coverage and taken more seriously.

I'm a big supporter of Gary Johnson, but unfortunately the general public never hears about candidates like him.
            I agree. It's funny to me that these guys get no coverage... and in states that accept "write-ins"... they tell you who you can and can't write in.

Gary Johnson was a "write-in" option in most states, but his name wasn't officially on the ballot. It is incredibly sad that in this country the Republicbloods and Democripps can make all other candidates invisible.

What's worse about this is that the Rep. and Dem. candidates petition to keep third-party candidates off of the ballot that MOST agree with their respective views. Using Gary Johnson as the example: the republicans were trying to keep him off the ballots in most states, fearing he would take the votes of citizens who would vote Republican, if he were not on the ballot.

To address the original thread topic... finally.... Clinton is the next Democratic candidate, unless she screws up huge. She is most likely going to be our next President. In this "Oprah picks the President" society, she'll likely win by a landslide.

On the Republican side:

I like Ben Carson, but he has already buried himself.

I like Rand Paul, and I think he is the strongest Republican candidate at the moment. I would vote for Rand Paul.

Ted Cruz is probably a strong candidate, but I wouldn't vote for him. He seems like too much of a "company man" for the Republican party, and I think he would be their puppet.

Jeb Bush is a very likely candidate. I personally don't like him. I think he's a POS.

Romney and Huckabee will both have their names thrown in.

The Republican party will most likely shoot themselves in the foot with this election... again. Rand Paul will be ignored, much like Ron Paul was. Ben Carson will be made out to be a religious nut and an Uncle Tom.

Cruz, Bush, and Romney will be their front-runners, and I won't vote for a damn one of them. They will hand Clinton the election the same way they handed it to Obama.
            My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

I like Rand Paul, too, but is thoughts on foreign policy are terrible and the US cannot have an isolationist type of stance on world affairs. That would not be in the US's best interest.

If it weren't for his weak foreign policy/global views I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                I like Rand Paul, too, but is thoughts on foreign policy are terrible and the US cannot have an isolationist type of stance on world affairs. That would not be in the US's best interest.

If it weren't for his weak foreign policy/global views I would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Skip
                I think we should be isolationists.... but I think for that to be realistic, it would have had to have been that way from the founding of the nation until now.

I think we are headed the direction of the Roman Empire, policing the whole world. But I think we're in so deep now that we can't just drop all of it and back out.

So I agree his views on foreign policy aren't ideal. However, I have a firm belief that Presidents have advisers for a reason. Their cabinet is very important. No candidate will be perfect, so when I see a candidate that I can only disagree with in one or two areas, I tend to lean their way with the thought that their cabinet will help out with their shortcomings.

Comment

Sorry but Hillary wins, and I am going for a 4/8 year vacation someplace else. I seriously trust a coked up Lindsey Lohan more than I trust her. She was a failure in her marriage, a failure to NY, and failed men in Benghazi.

She is not worthy to clean up my dog's shit.

J
                  "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

Rubio hoping to get some free fish tacos on a lobbyist / marketing thing. Lol
                    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                        I'd like to hear his stances on foreign aid, education, and basket-weaving. Aside from that, I think he is a very strong candidate.

Comment

I am looking more into Cruz as there have been a couple things that have come up that I was unaware of and it made me think I might not know enough about what he supports.

I like Paul but I just wish his foreign position was a little different. Yes, he would have a cabinet but ... he also would fill those cabinet positions with people that support his beliefs, too. I am not for policing the world, at all, but there are still some things we need to be involved in instead of being hands off on everything.

Skip
                          Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                          I think we should be isolationists.... but I think for that to be realistic, it would have had to have been that way from the founding of the nation until now.

I think we are headed the direction of the Roman Empire, policing the whole world. But I think we're in so deep now that we can't just drop all of it and back out.

So I agree his views on foreign policy aren't ideal. However, I have a firm belief that Presidents have advisers for a reason. Their cabinet is very important. No candidate will be perfect, so when I see a candidate that I can only disagree with in one or two areas, I tend to lean their way with the thought that their cabinet will help out with their shortcomings.

Comment

I wish I had a better understanding of this stuff. Unfortunately, schools don't teach important things like this, or how to buy a house or do your taxes. And since everyone has an agenda it's hard to learn about all this and get your information from a non bias source. Likely impossible actually.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
                            *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
                            •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
                            *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Anyone who runs as a Libertarian is unelectable in a national election. Gary Johnson is the Tony Romo of presidential politics. Ron Paul did more to bring the libertarian message to the forefront than anyone else only because he ran as a republican.

If there is to be a true libertarian movement, it needs to start at the local level and move up. People get all up in arms about the Tea Party as well, but it is more libertarian than any other major political group in this country.

If one looks at their records and their words, Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are as close to a Libertarian as this nation is willing to go.

People bash Cruz, but his strategy is rather genius: appeal to the largest voting block that didn't vote in the last 2 elections, christian conservatives.

Rand has an equally genius strategy: appeal to the growing wave of millennials and create new constitutional conservatives.

Comment

Working...
                              X