• Show
Clear All

• Awesome new machine at Planet Fitness

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...56&pnref=story

This is great
    2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
    2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
    2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

That's not new. Sure, planet fitness dressed it up a little. But it's actually just a re-incarnation of every single machine that was ever at "Curves".
    My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

A few things made me think this was completely serious:

1) it's actually on their facebook page. Why would they make fun of themselves?

2) it's something planet fitness would actually do

It wasn't until they said the fabric was a triple stitched pizza resistant leather that I lost it and realized it was a joke.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
      *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
      •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
      *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
        A few things made me think this was completely serious:

1) it's actually on their facebook page. Why would they make fun of themselves?

2) it's something planet fitness would actually do

It wasn't until they said the fabric was a triple stitched pizza resistant leather that I lost it and realized it was a joke.
        Actually, even that third one makes sense. I don't know where you live, but here... the planet fitness gives away pizza once per week to members. They also give away tootsie rolls at the front desk. I am 100% serious.

The comparisons to "Curves" doesn't end at the quality of equipment... it also lies in the fact that they secure business by keeping their clients out of shape.

Comment

I knew it was a joke but I was surprised they were making fun of themselves.
          2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
          2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
          2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

Yeah I knew about the pizza slice thing. I live in Washington state and we don't have any out here.

I agree. I'm still curious as to why the planet fitness FB page would post this. It's clearly bashing themselves. Lol Could they possibly be "judging" themselves?

*2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
            *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
              Yeah I knew about the pizza slice thing. I live in Washington state and we don't have any out here.

I agree. I'm still curious as to why the planet fitness FB page would post this. It's clearly bashing themselves. Lol Could they possibly be "judging" themselves?
              Clearly they are judging themselves for not having everyone in the video be a transsexual.

Comment

Anyone read the comments? PF literally replied to every single comment people left lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                  Anyone read the comments? PF literally replied to every single comment people left lol!
                  And they are actually quite funny.

I guess I should have realized that yesterday was April fools day and it was clearly a joke. I mean, you would know from the video but it explains why PF would make fun of themselves I guess.

Comment

Working...
                  X