Featured Member: 0001Delta!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured Member: 0001Delta!!!

Intensemuscle's featured member for the month of April is 0001Delta! Big thanks to Arthur, aka Tiny, aka Baby Face, for taking the time to be interviewed.

Here's a glimpse at the man behind the screen name 0001Delta...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0jN...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FsC...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wryLZORhfmM
    Attached Files
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

1. What is your name? Any nicknames?

My name is Arthur; formerly Artur before I had it changed. Two of the nicknames I can’t seem to get rid of are “Tiny”, and of course, “Baby Face”, which is self-explanatory.

2. Where do you live?

I currently live in Brazil, in the capital Brasilia. I came here with my father about 8-10 years ago and I’ve stuck here ever since, though I always say I wanna move out (got my bags and everything ready more times than I can remember), I end up staying for one reason or another (usually a girlfriend, or my small time business here).

3. What do you do for a living or what are you studying?

Up until the end of last month I was a gym and supplement store owner. Both of those I’ve sold to a brand chain just so I could ease off my work and finish college in peace. However my true source of income comes from a few apartments and small buildings I own which I rent out to people and small time/starting up companies.

As for academia, I’m pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. I have only one year left until I graduate.

After I’m done with Electrical Engineering, if I finally decide on if I’m actually moving out somewhere up north, I might try to go for a Bachelor of Laws, just purely out of personal interest. I don’t think I’ll ever be done with Academia because I simply enjoy studying, and there are way too many fields and areas out there that catch my interest.

4. Are you in a relationship? Do you have any kids?

At the moment no, I’ve just ended a 2 and a half year relationship which would had turned into an engagement if it hadn’t taken the turn it did. I’m not really good with relationships unfortunately; they all seem to go the same way haha.

No kids (that I know of) and no plans of having any anywhere in the immediate future! Lol.

5. Did you play sports in high school or college? Which one(s)?

I was a gymnast and a wrestler back in high school. I did fairly well on both; however I was too tall and lanky to be truly good at gymnastics, even though I nearly went professional, and too far too skinny and weak (by wrestling standards) to be any real good at wrestling. I competed in Kickboxing and Sambo on and off but never cared much for those.

6. Have you ever competed in BBing, PL’ing, strongman? Competition highlights?

I’m yet to make a break into the BBing and PLing scene.

I always liked lifting the heavy pig .my whole training philosophy has always been “lift big, look big” and I was talked into making the switch towards powerlifting by Josh Bryant, a good friend and coach, who even provided me with an invitation to compete at the Metroflex Push/Pull meet in Arlington Texas on December 2014. I went the full distance preparing for the meet, weight cut and the whole deal, however literally as I was boarding the plane, a couple things went wrong with my papers and I couldn’t fix it in time to attend the meet. Ever since I’ve remained in contact with Josh and I’m still looking for the opportunity to do my first meet. It has to be US side tho, the powerlifting scene over here is limited to bench competitions.

I also plan on crossing over to arm-wrestling and strongman, because I’m simply fascinated about strength sports. And I do wanna compete in strict curling, thanks to watching too many CT Fletcher videos.

7. What motivated you to start lifting? How old were you?

One day when I was 14 I sat down on my computer to try and plain a game online but ended up watching Pumping Iron and a World Strongest Man video. I was amazed at Arnold and Mariusz Pudzianowski, and from them on I wanted to be like them.

8. How would you describe your current training protocol?

“Powerbuilding”. Hitting the big four like a powerlifter (bench, squat, ohp and dl) then supplementing it all with bodybuilding exercises.

9. What advice do you wish you would have received (and taken) when you started training?

If I could go back and give myself one piece of advice it would be to not to trust into everything I read and to keep doing what I was doing. I’ve committed the sin of overthinking more times than I can remember. I used to read too much about training and nutrition and not filter any of it. At the time I never realized most training articles existed for the purpose of selling supplements. I kept telling myself “I need to do this and this like it says here to get where I want.” Or “I need to take X and Y supplement to get the results I want”. I took everything as true and I believe this set me back big time.

I distinctively remember reading a Poliquin article about biceps training and I genuinely got bummed that I didn’t have a “special offset handle dumbbell” so I could train my biceps stabilization mechanism.

10. What goals are you working to achieve this year inside and outside of the gym?

Inside the gym, I want to get back, strength and size wise, to where I was before my pituitary tumor made my testosterone levels reach those of a 80 year old man. I’ve been working consistently and it’s nearly paying off, tho I’m nowhere as big as I used to be, but getting there.

Outside the gym, I’m just working towards getting my college degree and then easing back a little to enjoy life a bit, settle down and get a steady girlfriend, and also figure out what I wanna do with my life. Most of my goals have been more than met business wise, for now I just want to find inner peace and tranquility, and see what life has to bring without worrying too much. I still have my on and off dream of moving the the US or Canada (somewhere cold, must be cold), but I’d require a job offer to get me set on that, so it might be something I might work towards.

11. Do you have any special skills or hobbies?

I have a knack for manual labor, if there is such a thing as a handyman gene, I might have it. Everything from helping one of my friends mod his jeep, to making a bookshelf or bathroom cabinet for my foster mom, I do it all. I wouldn’t call this a hobby because I don’t do it often enough, but I enjoy this type of thing greatly.

As for actual hobbies, I’m as nerdy as it gets. I have a boatload of fiction books, RPG manuals and rulebooks and at one point I collected figures from Games Workshop, but these are long gone. I have a sword which I believe is an actual medieval sword given the engravings on the hilt. Every time I go out I come back with a book or something to add to the nerd collection.

12. What kind of music will be on when you get into the car?

I’m so eclectic about music that it could be anything from Katy Perry to 3 Inches of Blood. I don’t have a specific taste for music, I rather go with individual songs and if I like it, I like it. Once a cop car bumped the rear of my car by accident and I was blasting “Who wants to live Forever” by Queen so loud that the police officer burst out laughing when he saw me sitting in the driver’s seat by myself.

I used to be, and still am to some degree, a huge metal head, but this phase has since faded.

13. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

That’s a difficult one.

Jennifer Lawrence because she is goddamn hot, Tom Hardy because I like most of his films and he seems like a really cool guy, Bruce Willis for the same reason, and Mike Tyson.

14. What is the ONE thing you always get when you go grocery shopping?

A Doritos bag. I can’t help myself. Either that or a giant Toblerone. I’m a fat guy at heart.

15. What does a typical day of eating look like for you?

05:30 – 9oz lean ground beef cooked in 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, green veggies and a lot of coffee. Vitamin C, E, D, and a B vitamin complex shot once a week, Omega-3’s and CLA, Magnesium and Calcium, Rhodiola Rosea. Oxyracetam, Piracetam and Noopept. May also have a green’s juice here made of kale and spinach with some pineapple and blueberries instead of green veggies.

09:20 – 10oz grilled chicken breast with 1 tbsp Olive oil and 1 tbsp Guacamole, 1 cup of brown rice or instant sugar free oatmeal. Caffeine, more Vitamin C, 1000mg Arginine, Omega-3’s and CLAs.

11:20 – 60g Whey Isolate; 40g Maltodextrin/Dextrose mix. 1000mg Leucine, 1000mg Arginine

14:00 – 60g Whey Isolate; 40g Maltodextrin/Dextrose mix. 1000mg Leucine

16:00 – 10oz grilled chicken breast with 1 tbsp Olive oil; 8-10oz baked or cooked sweet potatoes.

19:00 – 9oz lean ground beef cooked in 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, green veggies. Omega-3’s and CLAs.

22:00 – 60g Whey Isolate + 1 tbsp Peanut butter + 30g Melatonin

16. How often are you late for work or school?

All the time. There isn’t a day were I can get to school on time, and it isn’t even intentional, it has more to me with me having zero luck and always, always getting stuck in a traffic jam no matter what route I take.

17. Have you ever had two dates in one night?

Yes. Tinder and matchmaking apps have been the best thing ever invented.

18. What is one thing you could tell us about yourself that we would be shocked to know?

Before I got into engi school I’ve tried my hand at Medical School. I barely didn’t make it 2 years. I got in too young at 17 I think (different requirements as to US med school), and simply got overwhelmed by it.

19. Have you had any major injuries? If yes, how did you deal with it?

I’ve strained my left deltoid pretty bad a couple of years ago and developed an impingement because of it, this stayed with me for a long time. There wasn’t really a cause that kept it from healing nor anything I could do, had I just to work around it.

Another bad injury was severe tendonitis in my elbows. The kind that hurts if you just brush your elbow on a pillow during sleep. Also something I couldn’t take care off, except for doing lots of stretching, vertical hangs and icing. It has since stopped to be an issue. I do believe the cause was a pituitary tumor I had which wreaked havoc with my natural HGH secretion among other things.

The worst injuries I’ve had I got when I was riding my bike and was struck by a car from behind. I was thrown into the side walk and had to try and flip midair to not land on my neck. My spine took the impact and I couldn’t move for a week. I had to get PT done to reset my spine and hips into alignment. On the same year, not long after I fell down an elevator shaft that led to my store’s basement and fractured my femur and tore my left quad partially. Surgery was a failure and I had to have another one to correct it, plus a skin graft to get rid of the big ugly Frankenstein scar.

20. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

California would be my first choice. Other than that, a nice log cabin somewhere in Alaska or Canada, actually just somewhere that’s pretty cold, with a bunch of dogs to keep me company.

21. How many drinks does it take before you get drunk?

I believe I’m pretty much immune to Vodka and Wine, but Beer seems to get me f- up quickly, which is unusual because takes a lot of whisky or tequila to do get me real proper drunk.

22. Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Where?

I recently got a tat on my left forearm. It’s a nautical star that dubs as a shield. Over and under is written in Greek “molon labe”, then horizontally two spears poke out through it in opposite directions. I plan on getting a few more tats as soon as possible.

23. Do you train with a partner or by yourself?

By myself, tho my ex-girlfriend became my lifting partner at one point.

24. What is your favorite lift?

Bench Press

25. What is your strongest lift?

Deadlift

26. What is your relationship with cardio? (dating, married, it’s complicated, HIIT, fasted, etc)

One of the reasons I like to do very high-volume training is to keep me from doing Cardio. I hate all forms of cardio.

27. Most embarrassing moment?

Ripping the seat of my pants, right in the middle my uni’s campus. I wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t decided to free ball that day.

28. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?

Indestructibility.

29. What motivates you in life?

Making myself a better and happier person. I didn’t came from much, nor had much contact with my parents and had some issues coming up, so I like to look back and think of how far I’ve come, and how I still got a long way to go. It gets me going.

30. What personality traits do you look for in a partner?

Mood and smile. And dat booty. lol

31. If you died today, would your affairs be in order?

Yes. There are things I wish I had said and done but they are subjective and it’s not like I’ll get the change to do it.

32. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

My ancestry. I’m a mix of ethnicities and nations. I’m mostly Russian but I got German, Spanish, Greek and even Maori in me, plus a buncha other stuff that changes everytime I research into it. I think this actually screws up with your sense of identity. I’d pick one and stick with it if I could, any one.

33. Last book you read?

“IT” by Stephen King

34. If time and money were not an issue, what would you do with your life?

Travel around the world.

35. Why do you come to IntenseMuscle.com everyday?

I sold my soul to Skip by accident… Nah I’m kidding. I love this place.
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

Very cool! Let's see a pic of the tat... Sounds awesome
      "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
      ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

babbbbydelts
        #docswholift
        PGY-1 FM
        "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Great interview!!

J
          "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

why do you still look like you're 16
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              This^^^

And why are you so strong. I hate you. Not cause you look young or that you're strong. But because you're both.
              2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                This^^^

And why are you so strong. I hate you. Not cause you look young or that you're strong. But because you're both.
                I can get over him being strong, but that fucker is gonna be nailing 21 year-olds when he's 40.
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

Comment

y u no bjj tho
                  #docswholift
                  PGY-1 FM
                  "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

How many languages do you speak?
                    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

Thanks everyone for picking me for this month's featured member!

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                      Very cool! Let's see a pic of the tat... Sounds awesome
                      Here it is

Originally posted by Godsmack View Post
                      Great interview!!

J
                      Thanks man!

I can get over him being strong, but that fucker is gonna be nailing 21 year-olds when he's 40.
                      LOL.

I'd kill for a beard tho.

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                      y u no bjj tho
                      But I do bjj

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                      How many languages do you speak?
                      English, Spanish, Brazilian and Portugal's Portuguese (nearly two different languages), I understand a very small bit of French and Italian but I can't read any of those and I don't recal anything of Russian except curses haha.
                      Attached Files
                      "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                        This^^^

But I'm not strong yet! :Cry:
                        "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Nice ink! I recently got this on my forearm:
                          Attached Files

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                          2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                          2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                          2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post
                            Nice ink! I recently got this on my forearm:
                            Nice ink moco!

Is that gaelic by any chance? Awesome!

Comment

It is.

"Ni bhionn an rath ach mar a mbionn an smacht"

There is no success without discipline.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                              2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                              2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                              2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                              2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Working...
                              X