X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some thoughts on the "party for dancing man" story

First, here's the story that prompted me to write this post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6817794.html

Of course I despise bullies, and have nothing but contempt for the 4chan maggots who posted pictures of this guy to humiliate him. However, if I were in the position of "dancing man," I am certain that I'd only feel MORE mortified to have hundreds of women offering to throw me a dance party where I was the only guy when it was obvious--undeniable--that their primary motive for doing so was pity. I also couldn't help thinking that maybe some of them were motivated by a desire to make themselves feel better about the way they'd burned unattractive nice guys in the past. ("Well, sure, I giggled right in the face of that fat nerd who asked me to a dance in high school, but I can't be all bad because I totally went to that dance party to support that fat guy! I even had the option of getting balled by a hot bodybuilder on the night of the dance, but I totally made the sacrifice! ANTI-BULLYING ACTIVISM FTW!")

Am I too cynical?
    "Be kind, friendly and lenient towards your fellow man, but unrelenting and pitiless with yourself." -- Franz Bardon

wow shit like that makes me hate people. i'm going to disagree on the not liking the women for throwing him the party. there's a huge surplus of people out to shit on others and ruin people's days, whereas its a rarity to see another human being trying to aid another, regardless of any motive. even if it is the right thing for the wrong reason, i commend her for cheering this nice guy up who the internet tough guy thought he could tear down.

Comment

I think you might be too cynical in thinking the people who are going are doing so to make up for something. Hell, I'd go, and not only do I not make fun of overweight people, I was (and still am, to some degree) one.
      I don't think pity is the motivating factor -- I think the mindset is more along the lines of "Hey, FUCK people who try to stop others from having good, clean fun! We've got your back, bro! Let's dance!"
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

If I was fat and women decided to throw me a dance party, I'd go.
        Screw their motivation, it's about me having fun.

Paraphrasing a certain bald guy, just sayin.
        "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Working...
        X