Fortitude training and Skiploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortitude training and Skiploading

Can it be done? I started FT yesterday and posted a question on Scott's board to anyone on their thoughts of if the FT training, and FT diet recommendations would still work well with a weekly skipload.
    Scott replied and stated he wasn't sure he'd utilize it, but to check back here on IM to Skips and others thoughts?

So, thoughts?

Well I started fortitude training today.
    Switching from dc (due to re-accruing shoulder/pec injuries)

I'm working with skip so I'm definitely skiploading too.

I think it can be done absolutely.

Matt
    NABBA UK 2011 - Novice class 3rd Place
    NABBA BRITAIN FINALS 2012 - Novice class 3rd Place
    NABBA NORTH WEST 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 1st Place
    NABBA WORLD CHAMPS 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 10th Place
    NABBA ENGLAND 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 3rd place
    NABBA UK 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 4th place

Comment

Are you following the reccomended FT diet from the book also?

Comment

If he's working with skip he's following that Skip diet

Bicep and Fireguy: If you guys just started the program please let me know how the progress goes for calves. Looking for a new calf routine as Im stuck with progressing them. I may switch it up doing FT calves the way he has laid out but not the entire program. Keep me posted!

Originally posted by fireguy10720 View Post
        Are you following the reccomended FT diet from the book also?

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
          If he's working with skip he's following that Skip diet

Bicep and Fireguy: If you guys just started the program please let me know how the progress goes for calves. I may switch it up doing FT calves only if you guys get good results from it. Thanks.
          Unsolicited anecdotal opinion here, but I am nearing the end of my 2nd blast of FT and my calves have taken off. The high frequency plus the different types of rep ranges and weight, plus all the stretching, for me at least, got them to finally start responding and growing again.

Comment

Awesome! Gonna pm you to not clutter this thread!

Originally posted by Altamir View Post
            Unsolicited anecdotal opinion here, but I am nearing the end of my 2nd blast of FT and my calves have taken off. The high frequency plus the different types of rep ranges and weight, plus all the stretching, for me at least, got them to finally start responding and growing again.

Comment

Very curious to hear your thoughts on this Skip.

Comment

Originally posted by fireguy10720 View Post
                Very curious to hear your thoughts on this Skip.
                I was dodging it ... on purpose.

I honestly haven't looked into the Fortitude Training plan, yet. I just haven't had the time and I trust Scott enough that I know, without a doubt, that it is a solid plan because he is so thorough and meticulous with this stuff.

So, I don't know what his diet looks like. I can say that the training, itself, likely would be fine to Skipload with but I don't know if Skiploading goes against his dieting methodology.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Copy.
                  Sorry to kinda call you out then on this.

The diet is fairly close to being on track with you're diet thoughts.
                  High carb on training days, low carb (100 or less ) on non training days.
                  I don't know if there is a reason it wouldn't work, I don't know.
                  I'm barely smart enough to even read half the stuff he writes.
                  Half of it might as well be in Spanish.
                  He's forgot more shit then I'll ever know.
                  That's for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    I was dodging it ... on purpose.

I honestly haven't looked into the Fortitude Training plan, yet. I just haven't had the time and I trust Scott enough that I know, without a doubt, that it is a solid plan because he is so thorough and meticulous with this stuff.

So, I don't know what his diet looks like. I can say that the training, itself, likely would be fine to Skipload with but I don't know if Skiploading goes against his dieting methodology.

Skip
                    LOL - I dodged the question, too, b/c there is only one person to answer questions about Skiploading.

Ken, the training is high frequency (but lower volume). In a condensed nutshell, for someone who was dieting down (and I'm not sure what FG's goal is here), there could be a problem with repeatedly training the same muscle group several times (actually as many as 4 times) before taking in a substantial amount of carbs (Skiploading).

So, the above is obviously just a potential snafu that could be solved with peri-workout carbs (my choice), but how that would fit with a Skiploading approach is a matter for your crafting.

I've got a dietary approach I outline in the book, but it's certainly not the only way to skin the cat.

One thing that I do note is that some guys, in order to gain, would need to literally have a "cheat da"y (ala a Skipload) on the day after training two days in a row. I generally suggest that those be very low fat, as well. (I'm not going to call that Skiploading though, of course.)

-S
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                      LOL - I dodged the question, too, b/c there is only one person to answer questions about Skiploading.

Ken, the training is high frequency (but lower volume). In a condensed nutshell, for someone who was dieting down (and I'm not sure what FG's goal is here), there could be a problem with repeatedly training the same muscle group several times (actually as many as 4 times) before taking in a substantial amount of carbs (Skiploading).

So, the above is obviously just a potential snafu that could be solved with peri-workout carbs (my choice), but how that would fit with a Skiploading approach is a matter for your crafting.

I've got a dietary approach I outline in the book, but it's certainly not the only way to skin the cat.

One thing that I do note is that some guys, in order to gain, would need to literally have a "cheat da"y (ala a Skipload) on the day after training two days in a row. I generally suggest that those be very low fat, as well. (I'm not going to call that Skiploading though, of course.)

-S
                      I know someone you suggested this to... stayed pretty damn lean and added some size to his frame... He found fortitude training to really stoke the metabolic furnace

BTW, can i ask about the project you and John have going on? Release date? Price?
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Whether it'll work(well) or not will depend on many variables. For example.

You say high carb on training days? How many g of carbs are you eating and how many training days? If your day to day carbs are too high you might not be depleted enough to really get the maximum benefit from a skip load, or even need one at all(again carb amount depending).

If skiploading is something you want to incorporate than you'll likely want to tailor the rest of your diet with that in mind,to make the most of it.

Is skiploading something you're already, or have been doing? What are your current goals?

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          I know someone you suggested this to... stayed pretty damn lean and added some size to his frame... He found fortitude training to really stoke the metabolic furnace

BTW, can i ask about the project you and John have going on? Release date? Price?
                          Glad it worked out for that guy!

It should be out super duper soon, but I don't want to say anymore, in case something is changed at the last minute. (Not expecting that, but you never know.)

-S
                          The Book Has Arrived!
                          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                            Whether it'll work(well) or not will depend on many variables. For example.

You say high carb on training days? How many g of carbs are you eating and how many training days? If your day to day carbs are too high you might not be depleted enough to really get the maximum benefit from a skip load, or even need one at all(again carb amount depending).

If skiploading is something you want to incorporate than you'll likely want to tailor the rest of your diet with that in mind,to make the most of it.

Is skiploading something you're already, or have been doing? What are your current goals?
                            Well, yes. I currently have been Skiploading as i worked with him for almost the year last year, and my wife is currently working with him for a show so it's something we have been doing together, and enjoying more freedom for the day diet wise with our kids.

My goals are, like everyone's, to add some decent size with as little fat. I don't see myself competing or anything.

My thought was, if I was going to give FT a shot i was going to roll with the diet reccomendations too, and see how it went.
                            Currently using the 3 day "family man" FT plan and consuming roughly 425-450 grams of carbs on these days which includes a Peri shake as he outlines.

Non-training days are higher fat and low carbs. Only consuming carbs from veggies and 1-2 servings of fruit for these non-training days.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Comment

Working...
                            X