Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SNL fans?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SNL fans?

    I was a huge SNL fan going back about 1981 or 82 when I was 11 or 12.

    I thought that the 40th special was awesome and even at 3.5 hours I could have watched it another 2 hours with no problem.

    It has been a little lame the last year or two, I think.

    I think my favorite years were the Jimmy Falon years, Chris Farley, of course, and Will Ferrell.

    I feel so old.

    Skip


    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle


    For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

    Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

  • #2
    We are old. If we were living in the Middle Ages we would've been dead for 15 years by now.

    Agree on all of the above. I thought that the special was just like a typical episode, quite a bit of good stuff, and then some lame sketches as well.

    I remember watching it in the 70s with my older cousins, and I didn't understand half of it. But I felt cool because I got to hang out with them.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kristine View Post
      We are old. If we were living in the Middle Ages we would've been dead for 15 years by now.
      You minored in comforting thoughts.

      Skip


      Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle


      For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

      Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
        You minored in comforting thoughts.



        Skip

        Just keeping it real. Listen, dead people never have a good day.

        Comment


        • #5
          Point taken.

          Skip


          Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle


          For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

          Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

          Comment


          • #6
            Used to love the show and watched (almost) every Saturday. Watched nearly half of the special on Sunday and it was, for the most part, enjoyable (I fell asleep after Eddie Murphy came out). I haven't watched the show in a few years...I'm usually just not up that late any longer on Saturday nights.

            Yep...can't make it to 1130 most of the time...I'm definitely getting old...

            -s
            "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

            "Carry 24/7 or guess right."

            "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

            "993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

            Comment


            • #7
              I will catch an episode here or there, and every time I see one, I think to myself "God this is fucking horrible" I almost feel bad for the comedians, as they have to know this shit isn't funny.

              There was definitely some good shows, years back, but man, lately it is utter garbage.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Imprezivr6 View Post
                I will catch an episode here or there, and every time I see one, I think to myself "God this is fucking horrible" I almost feel bad for the comedians, as they have to know this shit isn't funny.

                There was definitely some good shows, years back, but man, lately it is utter garbage.
                The past 3 to 4 years have been hooooorible. . . almost makes a person cringe it's so bad. . . bad overall . . . . I do favor a lot of their skits

                JessicaG

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by slide View Post
                  Used to love the show and watched (almost) every Saturday. Watched nearly half of the special on Sunday and it was, for the most part, enjoyable (I fell asleep after Eddie Murphy came out). I haven't watched the show in a few years...I'm usually just not up that late any longer on Saturday nights.

                  Yep...can't make it to 1130 most of the time...I'm definitely getting old...

                  -s
                  lol

                  I know, right?

                  Skip


                  Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle


                  For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                  Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I remember the first time I heard Chevy Chase say, "Jane you ignorant slut" on the weekend update. I was shocked. You didn't say 'slut' on network televeision in the 70's.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I used to be a big fan of Dennis Miller until he started political commentary and I am not as much of a fan now. He was awesome in Joe Dirt, though.

                      Skip


                      Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: @intensemuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                      TikTok: @intensemuscle


                      For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                      Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X