No announcement yet.

Cancer, surgery, and crazy questions!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer, surgery, and crazy questions!!

OK, Im starting this off with a little story. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer in the middle to late January at the age of 35 and had surgery by way of radical left orchiectomy and then followed by a ct scan. Its been a few weeks since the surgery and I am getting a little twitchy because i really want to get back in the gym. But i have a few questions that need little answering like,

1) When can i get back in the gym? all my Dr has told me since the surgery is been " as long as its doesnt hurt" least that is what he informed me about going back to work.

2) Should i start taking supps that help out with test production? again after discussing with Dr. before surgery i asked do i need to take trt or any thing like that and he said no i should be fine at my age.

3) Last question, should i try and make an attempt to grace the stage after all this crazy stuff, or should i just focus on just being healthy and look good?

Oh and I'm not looking for anyones pity here! The way i view it, is i drew the lucky card and got cancer, Hell i could have drew the card that said i get to die walking across the street.

I am in bold below ......

Originally posted by Indianpower View Post
    OK, Im starting this off with a little story. I was diagnosed with testicular cancer in the middle to late January at the age of 35 and had surgery by way of radical left orchiectomy and then followed by a ct scan. Its been a few weeks since the surgery and I am getting a little twitchy because i really want to get back in the gym. But i have a few questions that need little answering like,

I feel bad for bitching about my January, now. Clearly, yours was slightly more challenging.

1) When can i get back in the gym? all my Dr has told me since the surgery is been " as long as its doesnt hurt" least that is what he informed me about going back to work.

Sounds like ... when it doesn't hurt. Seriously, I would be careful of abdominal pressure that may put stress on the area but train as soon as you feel you can. Just make sure you start training Curves because of only having one ball.
    Like I was going to pass THAT one up. Shit, please.

2) Should i start taking supps that help out with test production? again after discussing with Dr. before surgery i asked do i need to take trt or any thing like that and he said no i should be fine at my age.

He said "I would be fine at my age" is a bullshit statement. That translates to something like, "at your age your test levels are so low that ... who fucking cares?" I would definitely get your test levels checked after being back in the gym for a handful of weeks and on a decent diet that isn't too restricted of calories. The test level will give you a much better idea.

3) Last question, should i try and make an attempt to grace the stage after all this crazy stuff, or should i just focus on just being healthy and look good?

That is a personal decision and, in my opinion, shouldn't be influenced by your past situation or missing a testicle.

Oh and I'm not looking for anyones pity here! The way i view it, is i drew the lucky card and got cancer, Hell i could have drew the card that said i get to die walking across the street.

There are much worse things in this world ... like dying of cancer. You are alive so congrats for that.

Skip

Comment

Thank you for the input there Skip! When i woke up and read this "Just make sure you start training Curves because of only having one ball. Like I was going to pass THAT one up. Shit, please" I bout spit my coffee all over the screen of my pc!! I hope your Feb. goes better than your January!

Comment

Progress slow, do what Skip tells you to do, and make an epic fucking comeback!

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
        *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
        •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
        *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Originally posted by collabera View Post
          progress slow, do what skip tells you to do, and make an epic fucking comeback!
          here here ^^^x2!!
          Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never do all he can.

Unfathomable progress is the result of consistent, daily steps toward a single goal

Comment

Originally posted by Indianpower View Post
            Thank you for the input there Skip! When i woke up and read this "Just make sure you start training Curves because of only having one ball. Like I was going to pass THAT one up. Shit, please" I bout spit my coffee all over the screen of my pc!! I hope your Feb. goes better than your January!

Do keep us posted on how things are going with your return to the gym.

Skip

Comment

Working...
            X