Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detaching specific workouts from specific days of the week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detaching specific workouts from specific days of the week.

Has anyone ever had an issue breaking the routine of your workout by skipping a day?

For example: If Chest day is Monday and Leg day is Tuesday, and I couldn't make it to the gym on Monday, then I would just wait until the following Monday for my next Chest day.

I'd find it so hard to push my Leg day to Wednesday because I'd always do Leg days on Tuesday, and it pushes back everything in my workout routine.

Idk what it is. Maybe its an OCD thing, but I feel like I'm not the only one that hasn't liked these scenarios in the past. Lately though, I've just been taking a day off when I need it and my workouts never end up on the same days anymore.
    "If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
    -Trop

That is how I do it. If I miss it i miss it, I just skip to the next workout on my schedule.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I just either skip it or push it back depending on what my training phase is. The older I get, the more I've learned to "roll with it". Be flexible so your head can stay in the game
      "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."
      ~ Ann Richards, former TX governor

Comment

I would move the workouts a day personally if its a leg workout I'm going to miss, and try to catch up next week if the schedule is that important.

For me taking a "week off" of a leg workout like that usually results in terrible soreness that feels more like a injury waiting to happen that just regular DOMS, so I'd rather get SOMETHING in that week even if its just lunging around the house or something. I don't find the thought of nearly pulling a groin muscle sitting on the toilet as cool as I once did.

Comment

Normally, if I miss a workout, I just push everything back a day (if I can...schedule/travel/etc dependent)...I try to be as flexible as I can with my training/schedule, especially in the winter, when the weather can often dictate when I get to the gym.

As long as I get to the gym, I figure that's half the battle right there. Once there, I'm going to put in some work. And, some of those times, I've experimented with adding in whatever I day missed (combining two days, but not necessarily all the sets) into the workout.

Again, I've tried to be much more flexible (especially now getting a little older) than always doing "X" (bodypart) on "Y" (day). In the end, I don't think it changes (nor matters) much (unless OCD...then maybe some sanity ).

-s
          "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

When I trained 5 days a week I would adjust my training for the week into a 4 day split if I knew ahead of time I was going to miss a day. Or I would prioritize if that didn't work out. If I missed a weak bodypart I might train that instead of a better one.
            2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
            2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
            2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

I push everything back a day if at all possible and still work to get everything done. I won't fret about too much but if it is possible to still get all of the work done that week, I get it done. I've got too many damn kids and shit that gets in the way sometimes so if I just skipped a day when something came up I would train once a week. lol

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I train all major muscle groups three times a week, so I would just to a combo version of two workouts if that would fit the rest of the week, or simply move it back a day and do a combo (Muscle Round) workout in place of two workouts later one. (It would depend on which workout was missed.)

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Great idea for a thread - it's interesting to read how people deal with the odd missed training days ....especially when its people that don't "normally" miss days -

I fall into the camp that tries to make it up - beforehand if I know ahead of time (like holidays when the gym is closed) or afterwards ( unexpected work travel or "life" events) ... But if workouts get too bunched up trying to do that, I will skip a day and get back on schedule the next

Comment

Originally posted by Hop View Post
                    That is how I do it. If I miss it i miss it, I just skip to the next workout on my schedule.
                    Years ago i would have moved my days around to make it up. There are 2 reasons I don't now, one being that my physique is very well balanced no so missing a workout on any specific bodypart isn't going to freak me out like it did when i was trying to bring up weak areas.
                    The other is there are certain days at my gym when you don't want to be doing chest as half the other people there are doing the same.
                    -KidRok-
                    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Years ago i would have moved my days around to make it up. There are 2 reasons I don't now, one being that my physique is very well balanced no so missing a workout on any specific bodypart isn't going to freak me out like it did when i was trying to bring up weak areas.
                      The other is there are certain days at my gym when you don't want to be doing chest as half the other people there are doing the same.
                      No doubt, lol
                      Attached Files

Comment

Detaching specific workouts from specific days of the week.

Last edited by Jen; 01-03-2015, 08:24 PM.
                        "This is your life. It is the only one you get. So no excuses, and no do-overs. If you make a mistake or fail at something you learn from it, you get over it and you move on. Your job is to be the very best person you can be and to never settle for anything less."

Comment

Good point... In my 20's my response would be different than now as well... With no lagging parts to hone in on currently missing a day isn't as traumatic

Comment

Working...
                          X