bashing over weight people!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bashing over weight people!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to get some thought's on this topic! It really pisses me off to see somebody I know, been friends with over 15 years, part time golds gym trainer, Only been training 2-3 years now and still looking the same, bashing fat people on Facebook! Really Pisses me off to see people supporting this also!

I have a friend who's a bit overweight that likes to point out other overweight people when we go out...it's as if he's trying to divert attention on them in the hopes people won't notice he himself is fat. Sad really.
    Max Muscle
    5020 Katella Ave.
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

It's just human nature for some to be more of an 'a-hole' than others.

But who's got the the time to trawl Facebook anyway?

Comment

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine and the bodybuilding and figure/fitness industry is TERRIBLE for doing this. Lately, the excuse that people in our industry use is the trend that they call "fit shaming" which is a joke. Yes, I get that fat people take shots at fit people these days when they can - good for them because they have been putting up with people that are in shape treating them like shit for a very long time. I actually find it quite funny to watch in shape people get all fucking worked up about being "fit shamed" - which allows them to go on a rant about how disciplined they are, how much healthier they are, how much of a role model they are, etc.. Pathetic.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I've been both. Fat and fit. Thing is, nobody ever said anything to me about my weight when I was "fat". But, people have no problem telling me their opinion on my looks now, good or bad.

Live and let die.
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I was fat, people made fun of me, now I'm not fat...

I can care less about people bring fat, but when you see the shit like a a fat person get in an electric shopping cart when they walked to it, or a fat person complain about being fat as they are eating something TO ME, yeah, I have a problem. Not a problem that they are fat, but a problem that they take and stage of resources reverted for people with true disabilities or just annoy the shit out if me because they are in my ear bitching and moaning when they have a doughnut in their hand. Go complain to other fat people...

I have no sympathy for the kind of people I mentioned
            Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
            2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
            2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I don't like the amount of money being spent on diet related illness because a lot of medication is gvt funded in Australia and many beds (up to 1/3rd) in our hospitals are being taken up by weight/diet related patients.

The current projection for cost is that diet related problems could bankrupt our entire health industry.

I would not make fun of a fat person but I am no fan either.
              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
              ~William Bernbach

Comment

As someone who used to be fat to, I used to think that when I lost all the weight people would treat me differently. Be proud of my efforts and use me as an example for their own fitness goals.

Turns out no one really gave a shit. Go figure!

But at the weight I am now, I have occasionally found myself being put off by overweight/obese people. Then I remind myself that I used to be one. A quick reality check.

But in all honesty like SAHD put, I to am no fan either. People now have access to every diet imaginable as well as a plethora of exercise routines. I have people coming on board as clients in our outdoor group training sessions, and the amount of people who drop out and quit when things start to get a little tough is pretty high. The whole "there are no quick fixes, it took years to get out of shape so it'll take time to get back into shape" sometimes falls on deaf ears. Some people just don't get it.

My wife used to get all kinds of opinions about her diet at work from arm chair diet critics. And ALL of these people needed to lose a good 15-20kg. There was never any praise for her going from 95kg down to 65kg. And then from there to stepping on stage in her first figure comp in 2012. One of her closest friends actually asked her during her dieting down that I was brain washing her!

Ok I get that if you're fat AND you're happy then more power to you. I'm glad you're happy. But just don't get on your reinforced soap box and start having a go at those who took the steps to change the way they look and feel by adopting a healthy lifestyle. Or complain that the diet you're on doesn't work, when you've been on it for a whole 5 days.

On the other perspective are the instagram/facebook posters who are constantly taking shots of their ripped abs at the beach as well as their constant fitness memes about "abs are made in the kitchen". Or "Beast mode" or someother dumb shit. NO ONES CARES... Ok, I've never really had a six pack of abs so there's some form of jealousy going on there!

I guess my point is (if I even have one. I can't tell I'm coming to the end of a skipload so quite on a sugar bender!) there are negatives on both sides.

Comment

I don't like to do much complaining online, but there are those who can't keep a personal opinion personal. I admit I find it frustrating at times to see overweight people act against their own self confessed goals, but I don't ever criticize because I understand that most people are out of control in this area - though it is doubly frustrating when people who know better let themselves go.

Skip, I actually think that fit shaming is just as bad though. Most people going on rants about being fit shamed are probably just trying to draw attention to awesome they are, but some of what I’ve seen has been downright nasty. I guess there are assholes of all shapes and sizes. The internet makes me realize how polite most people are in person...
                  If at first you don't succeed... Try doing what Skip told you to do the first time.

Comment

I Just recently seen a post on social media (Facebook, Instagram) that a younger female was taking a "selfie" over here left shoulder and a man in the back ground was at a cable machine working out. She inserts a comment in her picture claiming his "tits" are bigger than hers, clearly making fun of the overweight man.... Like honestly, the dude is in a gym trying to work on it.....hes not taking selfies of himself or of other people. hes not bothering anyone.....HES WORKING OUT!!!
                    Anyway, it pissed me off, so I clicked on the image to see the responses(Im that guy that posts the memes "Just here for a good time") but the other responses on the photo were EPIC....shell probably never show up in a gym again...
                    I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                      I was fat, people made fun of me, now I'm not fat...

I can care less about people bring fat, but when you see the shit like a a fat person get in an electric shopping cart when they walked to it, or a fat person complain about being fat as they are eating something TO ME, yeah, I have a problem. Not a problem that they are fat, but a problem that they take and stage of resources reverted for people with true disabilities or just annoy the shit out if me because they are in my ear bitching and moaning when they have a doughnut in their hand. Go complain to other fat people...

I have no sympathy for the kind of people I mentioned

So you're saying that conversation we had while I was eating the donut was really a bit forced, strained, and insincere? Lol
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        So you're saying that conversation we had while I was eating the donut was really a bit forced, strained, and insincere? Lol

Deep down I wanted to bitch slap your ass lol
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by ShankS View Post
                          I Just recently seen a post on social media (Facebook, Instagram) that a younger female was taking a "selfie" over here left shoulder and a man in the back ground was at a cable machine working out. She inserts a comment in her picture claiming his "tits" are bigger than hers, clearly making fun of the overweight man.... Like honestly, the dude is in a gym trying to work on it.....hes not taking selfies of himself or of other people. hes not bothering anyone.....HES WORKING OUT!!!
                          Anyway, it pissed me off, so I clicked on the image to see the responses(Im that guy that posts the memes "Just here for a good time") but the other responses on the photo were EPIC....shell probably never show up in a gym again...
                          Then she got what she deserved. I don't like that, at all, and it says a lot about her.

I have wanted to take pictures or video of FORM before but I won't because I don't believe it is the right thing to do. Now, if someone is being a douchebag I will damn sure video it. I videoed a guy being a dick when I went to give blood the other day but he had stopped being a dick by the time I started recording. Shit like that I will never feel badly about.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Glad you guys are on the same page!

Comment

I'm new to the weightlifting world, so I would have guessed most of you "meat heads" (in quotes because i'm NOT intending it as an insult) would have gone right along with the fat bashing. I'm glad to see so many of you have a cool attitude about it. I'm an overweight dude myself, which is part of the reason I'm starting to lift. Glad to see I found a group with an "I don't give a fuck if someone's fat" attitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X