Hip Flexor Troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip Flexor Troubles

So for a few months now I've been having issues with my left hip flexor.
    I do not remember injuring it, or even hurting it for that matter at all. Just one of those things that started hurting one day.
    I've tried stretching it daily, foam rolling it, rolling on a tennis ball, all kinds of ointments. Nothing helps.
    It may get better for a few days/week, but then always comes right back.
    The last week it's been as bad as it's ever been.
    I don't think I tore it, I've never had any discoloration or swelling, just some major pain.
    I'm finishing up back /chest tomorrow then I'll be taking about 9 days off for holidays and I turn 33 monday, so what better week to take a cruise.
    But I'd really like to be pro active over the cruise and hopefully do something that will maybe allow this thing to heal a bit so I can come back without pain.
    You don't realize how much you use a hip flexor for until yours is jacked. I wanna drop to the ground every time this thing grabs me! !

What, specifically, irritates it?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I can lift my leg straight up, or rotate it outward

But if I try to bring my leg in our I'm standing stationary and twist to the left it grabs and about what's to drop me to the floor.
      Sometimes slightly lifting my leg and twisting to the left, like when I step into the shower will make it grab too.

Comment

Can you be more specific as to which "hip flexor"? Where are you feeling the pain?

Comment

Hard to explain
          But the "crease" that runs down to the inner thigh.
          Right in that "crease" about smack in the middle.

If any of this makes sense

Comment

I should have been more clear: I meant what exercises aggravate it. Example: Can you squat but not leg press or does it hurt in the bottom of a certain exercise or just the top, etc?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Do you mean on the medial or inner thigh? It hurts when you adduct or bring your leg back into the other one? Hurts more when you squat wide? Not to diagnose over the internet, but possibility of a strained adductor.

Comment

[QUOTE=smookey;1101270]Do you mean on the medial or inner thigh? It hurts when you adduct or bring your leg back into the other one?

Yes, hurts when I adduct. Bring my left leg inward.

I went through a leg workout Thursday, and knowing I've had issues I pre fatigued with extensions/leg curls, and didn't try squats.
                I kept weight lighter and kept reps above 15.
                Did leg presses, narrower stance, shoulder width or narrower.
                Hack squat machine, narrow stance.
                No pain on any of those.
                Went to rope crunches, didn't make it down all the way on the first one. It grabbed me half way down.

Comment

This sounds more like nerve to me. No?

Again, not trying to diagnose over the internet but just my opinion.

To be clear: it hurts on the outside of the hip/leg but only when you adduct? You should take a picture of you pointing to where the pain is.

Skip

Comment

Hurts inner thigh.
                    Left thigh.
                    Guess I should have been more specific.
                    Pain is about 2 inches to the left of my dick, and just maybe an inch above.
                    Right in the "crease" if you'd call it in the inner thigh.

Been grabbing a few times just walking around here at work today.

Comment

Been having a lot of the issues people are talking about. It wasn't until I went to a chiro that deals with athletes that helped me. From an ankle that has lost only a bit of flexibility causing the glute to not fire properly that caused a meniscal tear. From all the issues on my left side, it caused the right hip flexor to get really tight and cause me some pain. I had a deep tissue massage and been doing stretches for the hip flexor and I am about 90% right now. Find a Chiro who deals with athletes and get a deep tissue massage.
                      Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

Comment

Working...
                      X