December Featured Member...jimpaul!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December Featured Member...jimpaul!!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce you to jimpaul. He's a new member of our IM mod staff, and we are very happy to have him here. I'm sure he'll stop in here to answer any followup inquiries you may have when he wakes up, promptly after 2.

Questions for our Featured Member

1. What is your name? Any nicknames?

My name is Jimpaul. Nicknames would be…What is that smell, or Hey the women asked if you would leave as your frightening them and the children.

2. Where do you live?

In the echoes of my mind or some farming town.

3. What do you do for a living or what are you studying?

I wake up promptly at 2 in the afternoon even if there is nothing important I may have to do. Retired pc technician.

4. Are you in a relationship? What about kids? Do you have any?

She says Yes I am lol. No kids as I was not responsible enough to take care of them. Still not lol.

5. Did you play sports in high school or college? Which one(s)?

In high school I was small but athletic. Our thing was to play sports either in the park or on the street. Street was sometimes painful lol. Hopefully moreso for them lol.

6. Have you ever competed in BBing, PL’ing, strongman?

No but have been a fan of strongmen comps for a long time. I used to watch it back with Kazmeier.

7. What motivated you to start lifting? How old were you?

Like I said I was small but kinda athletic and I remember getting a look at a muscle mag back in the day with Serge Nubret and Arnold in it. I think that’s when I was hooked.

8. How would you describe your current training protocol?

DC Training

9. What advice do you wish you would have received (and taken) when you started training?

Nutrition! I had no clue about eating until Dante clued me in.

10. What goals are you working to achieve this year inside and outside of the gym?

Just working on bringing up some certain bodyparts such as calves, shoulders and arms. My gf has a job in which she helps people and I’m kinda enjoying being a very small part in that. Seeing how much people appreciate even the little things…I get a kick out of it.

11. Do you have any special skills or hobbies?

Does it have to be legal? I can irritate people rather easily. Computers.

12. What kind of music will be on when you get into the car?

None as they stole 8 track player with my Pee Wee Herman’s Christmas Hit Classics. Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.. Older groups Queensryche, Iron Maiden and Led Zeppelin.

13. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

Genghis Khan as I would challenge him to all you can eat steak buffet. Loser loses his head.

14. What is the ONE thing you always get when you go grocery shopping?

Snickers Rockin Road candy bar.

15. What does a typical day of eating look like for you?

Expensive lol. I am a carnivore and like to devour steak, hamburgers or beef as much as my arteries will let me lol.

16. How often are you late for work or school?

All the time as I’m nearing fifty years old.

17. Have you ever had two dates in one night?

I was always shy around the ladies but one night my dad caught me bringing two girls upstairs. He grabbed me and I thought,” Oh no please don’t embarrass me” and then he started patting me on my back with a big grin on his face lol.

18. What is one thing you could tell us about yourself that we would be shocked to know?

I believe in Ancient Aliens theories. I figure, now that they are saying we may have billions and billions of planets there has to be other life out there…right? What was that in the sky just now?

19. Have you had any major injuries? If yes, how did you deal with it?

Spondylosis. I had a very tough time with it…I was in a back brace for a good while. What helped me most was going to Physical rehab and doing the stretches for the lower back and all.

20. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Possibly Cali. Or Hawaii. A place that I would like to see would be the Hot Springs Blue Lagoon in Iceland. Now that place would be surreal.

21. How many drinks does it take before you get drunk?

One. I’m a cheap date and easy too. Sorry she won’t let me have one now lol.

22. Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Where?

Naa but if I did get one it might be the winged man Swan Song symbol from Zeppelin.

23. Do you train with a partner or by yourself?

By myself as I give off a “I don’t want to talk to you, I’m training!” vibe or maybe it’s just that smell…what is that smell?

24. What is your favorite lift?

Rack Deadlift

25. What is your strongest lift?

I’m not really strong but was able to get 3 plates a side for around 8-12 reps on closegrip press. I’ve bent rowed to knees I think 4 plates a side before. Rack Deadlift was 6 plates I think. Ahh maybe someday I will try some of those again.

26. What is your relationship with cardio? (dating, married, it’s complicated, HIIT, fasted, etc)

Divorced but may be willing to reconcile a slight relationship to keep the old heart pumping.

27. Most embarrassing moment?

One was when I met Heather Locklear and thought I’m gonna look so cool in my camel hair coat. It was really hot in the auditorium and by the time I got up to see her I was sweating like a hooker in church and was so nervous I asked her what is was like working on the set of Dallas and she said, “Don’t you mean Dynasty?” and I said, “Ya that too!” and out came a snort. Yes, a snort.

28. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?

Stop and reverse time maybe.

29. What motivates you in life?

I wake up promptly at 2 in the afternoon even if there is nothing important I may have to do. Family and trying to be a better person from day to day. Some days are better than others though lol.

30. What personality traits do you look for in a partner?

Basically me and my woman get along great and have the same sense of humor. You have to be able to have conversations with each other as well as attraction.

31. What do you hate to see in the gym?

What I hate to see in the gym is seeing people doing that jumping onto a bench/platform thing when they should be squatting lol. One guy came close to getting hurt really bad. It’s gonna happen.

32. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I wake up promptly at 2 in the afternoon even if there is nothing important I may have to do. I have trouble with change. I’m going to try and change that. lol

33. Last book you read?

I have to admit that I can’t think of the last book I read. Mainly Hustler as I only read the articles and don’t look at the pics. I swear.

34. If time and money were not an issue, what would you do with your life?

This will sound cheesy but I would like to be a mystery Santa Clause type person who gives needy families money for their children’s operations/ family needs and such.

35. Why do you come to IntenseMuscle.com everyday?

Dante has given so much of his time and effort to me and a whole slew of others that I want to help the Doggpound keep going. I can’t do much but “Parrot” things I’ve seen Dante say to help others. For all the people like Dante, Skip, Inhuman and others who have helped and been there along the way it’s my way of saying, Thanks so much!

BONUS QUESTIONS:

1. Who are some of your favorite bodybuilders?

My favorite up and coming BB would be Justin Compton. Great physique and seems like a genuinely nice guy. I wonder what some of these pros would look like if they did DC Training? Like seeing where Cedric was heading when he was working with Dante….damn lol.

My favorite bodybuilders would also be Ronnie, Fux, Cutler, Heath Winklaar, Sergio, Mentzer and Arnold. Some of the big guys.

2. What are some of your favorite foods?

Favorite Foods would be some sort of filet mignon steak with lobster.
    Surf and Turf baby!

3. What do you like most about working out?

Favorite things about working out are the strength jumps I get.
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Cool interview...
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Awesome!

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

That was cool.

Comment

What's the most steak or beef you've ever eaten in one sitting? :hungry:
          2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
            A place that I would like to see would be the Hot Springs Blue Lagoon in Iceland. Now that place would be surreal.
            I was there literally three weeks ago. Go. Immediately. Iceland will blow your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristine View Post
              I was there literally three weeks ago. Go. Immediately. Iceland will blow your mind.
              Man, I'm jealous. I have a friend there actually - A crazy fucker that would probably have us rolling in the snow and jumping in the water for some special therapeutic, semi-brain damaging effect... LOL

-S
              homonunculus
              Super Moderator/Round Table Expert
              Last edited by homonunculus; 12-03-2014, 07:21 PM.
              The Book Has Arrived!
              The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
              2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
              2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Entertaining interview. I've been to Ice Land once to the air port for maybe an hour. The view flying in was wicked though. It would definitely be a neat place to explore.
                2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
                2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
                2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix13 View Post
                  What's the most steak or beef you've ever eaten in one sitting? :hungry:
                  I went to this place called the Golden Corral and the chef/cook kept bringing me out two steaks at a time..they were slow. I wouldn't doubt that him and his buddies were betting on how many were going down lol. I ate ten and it was time to go.

This is a cool vid from the Blue Lagoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp3LZ3t18UY

It's like outta a movie.
                  ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                  Good luck
                  Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                  SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                  TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul View Post
                    I went to this place called the Golden Corral and the chef/cook kept bringing me out two steaks at a time..they were slow. I wouldn't doubt that him and his buddies were betting on how many were going down lol. I ate ten and it was time to go.
                    That is amazing. You might have a future career as a competitive eater.:hungry:

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul View Post
                      That's incredible! Genghis Khan better watch out! I can't even imagine your monthly grocery/eating out bills. I've got nothing on you and food is one of my largest expenses.
                      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

Training with Dante taught me it's mostly about food and the training. No matter what Stinking Badges thinks. Of course genetics and some supplements might help as well lol. I'm only at 240 right now so I'm just maintaining at the moment. In a couple of weeks I'll be heading back to the buffet again. To see if I can get over my previous high.
                        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                        Good luck
                        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Dang it man, 10! I'm 270 and doubt I could touch that.

What would you guesstimate your bodyfat % is?

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Do you have a huge appetite? Or do you have to force yourself to get in that much food?
                            2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW

Comment

When I wake up I can flex and see abs but no idea of bf percentage. I can drop fat pretty easy if I want.
                              I've always had a good appetite. When I'm trying to put on weight the steaks with butter go down real easy.
                              Good luck
                              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X