Who's got a membership here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's got a membership here?

Who's gotten their family a YMCA membership and how do you like it? My wife will be heading back to the gym in the next few weeks and has been pushing for a family membership to our local YMCA.

The membership is approx $700/year and it includes many things like, swimming lessons, daycare while you workout (we have 2 kids), etc. I don't plan on giving up my gym membership, just will add this one for the family.

If you belong tell me what you like and dislike about this please.

I think it depends on the area. When I lived in Cincinnati, the Y was excellent. Olympic sized pool, kids pool, lessons, full gym, daycare, and tons of other extra things, like summer camps for the kids, and some form of martial arts lessons.

The YMCA in the area where I grew up, in south east Texas was/is almost non existant. But, the Y where I live now, in north east Texas is really good, but not as good as the one in Cinti. They have a nice gym & a pool, but no daycare.

The Y you're thinking about joining sounds like a decent one, but check out the extra activities. See what your membership will actually pay for.
    Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

We were members at a Y down here. Like AI said, it depends entirely on the one you're looking at and we had to have different options (homeschooling programs during the day). Out of the three that were close by, one had a good homeschooling program. We liked the whole package there though we only used the weights, daycare and programs for the kids. They had loads more, we just weren't into spinning or anything else like that. The folks in the daycare (we have 2 also) were good. No complaints ever.
      "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
      Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

I LOVE my gym but I have been considering something like this for my family in the next few years as my kids get just a little bit older. It is such a good opportunity for the entire family to live an active, healthy lifestyle.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
        Instagram: @intensemuscle
        YouTube: TEAMSKIP
        TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Our local YMCA was not good when I checked it out originally. However, they have recently expanded the building and added a bunch of new stuff, so I may go check it out again and see if they have improved the weight training section.
          "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

We checked out the Y and decided NOT to join it. It's not run very well. So as so many have said it just depends on the facility.
            International Elite Raw Powerlifter
            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Future
              We checked out the Y and decided NOT to join it. It's not run very well. So as so many have said it just depends on the facility.
              This is very true. some lack good basic equipment , and some don't.

Another thing I liked aobut the Y, as I used to train at one was the fact they don't screw you out of your money. You can pretty much be guaranteed they won't go out of business or go under new managment, and you just paid a full 1 year family membership.
              Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Thanks for the great input, I believe I'll have to just join at least for a couple of months to see if we like how it's run. There are two Y's in my area (15 minutes apart) that we could use.

Yes, Skip one of the reason's I'm considering this is because it will give my wife and I a chance to spend more time together and also a place where our children can play in a safe environment. Since our first daughter was born I cut my workouts to 3x per week and going to this place together may get me a 4th workout day again

Comment

Okay...... Whatever, Mark.... See, I just had a baby too so I know what wives look like after the ordeal. I am fighting to get mine to the gym, too. LOL

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                  Instagram: @intensemuscle
                  YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                  TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Skip
                    Okay...... Whatever, Mark.... See, I just had a baby too so I know what wives look like after the ordeal. I am fighting to get mine to the gym, too. LOL

Skip
                    What??? .....I said it was one of the reasons lol!!!

Comment

I don't but I sure do have some good news..................

...I just saved a bunch of $$ on my car insurance!!
                      -KidRok-
                      "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                      5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

LMAO... KR you're such a ham!
                        Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

Originally posted by american idol
                          LMAO... KR you're such a ham!
                          In other words, one could say he's two slices short of a sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by IM^
                            In other words, one could say he's two slices short of a sandwich.
                            He's also not the swiftest horse in the corral.....

or .....

Not the sharpest pencil in the box......

or........ I could go on and on......

:showoff:

Comment

Originally posted by mark mcgwire
                              He's also not the swiftest horse in the corral.....

or .....

Not the sharpest pencil in the box......

or........ I could go on and on......

:showoff:
                              LMAO!! shuddup and eat yer oatmeal!
                              -KidRok-
                              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Working...
                              X