Bergdahl exchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bergdahl exchange?

If mods don't want this discussed please delete but not meant to be a political debate thread.

Curious to others thoughts on this whole deal? I believe the media reports what helps ratings so kinda have to sift through the bs and make your own conclusions. From the outside I compare it to trading 5 high value exotic cars for an 88 Iroc camaro lol. Just seems like there has to be much going on than whats on the surface. Honestly i really wonder if the ones released have what is thought to be an undetectable tracking device in them. I know with the quality of MRI's thats pretty out there but who knows.
    6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
    1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Whats wrong with my 88 Iroc?
    Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

Originally posted by trojandogg View Post
      Whats wrong with my 88 Iroc?
      Hahaha. No hate for the iroc but doubt anyone is gonna offer a 5:1 trade on it

Comment

Personally, I think that America has to set a higher precedence when it comes to its military and returning home captured soldiers should always be job number one. Yes.. he should be put on trial to explain his actions but he still is an American who deserves his rights. What makes me upset is how the whole negotiation process and outcome was looked upon as a glorious event with President Obama all but giving him a medal of honor. Soldiers were killed looking for this man AND known terrorists were set free. This should have been a somber event out of respect for the families that lost their loved ones, especially if this man, really did state that he wanted to renounced his citizenship. But.. as seen in this administration with Benghazi, it cares very little for the families of lost loved ones (whether or not you believe there is a cover-up).
        Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

^^^^^ andddddddd, they're goes any chance of this being a non-political, constructive conversion. Trojandogg, you definitely aren't the only one this applies to (myself included), so I don't say this to specifically pick on you, but it's funny that often when people dislike something, they can't help but tell the world about it, even when subtly asked not to, haha.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

No they just set a precedence where you capture a US soldier and get five of your people back. A real hero tries to survive or escape or die trying. Since when did we negotiate with terrorists? Bad move from every angle.

Comment

Originally posted by RobbHensel View Post
              Since when did we negotiate with terrorists?
              That's my biggest issue with it. It just seems like they forgot these are the people that beheaded Nick Berg for the world to see and then we negotiate with them??

I know times change as well but my dad is a Vietnam vet. He said during training they were told if captured you could give name/rank/number and anything more you were a traitor. I heard one media source call Bergdahl an "honerable" and "distinguished" soldier which I think is a slap in the face to the other men and women who serve our country.

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                ^^^^^ andddddddd, they're goes any chance of this being a non-political, constructive conversion. Trojandogg, you definitely aren't the only one this applies to (myself included), so I don't say this to specifically pick on you, but it's funny that often when people dislike something, they can't help but tell the world about it, even when subtly asked not to, haha.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
                Ok.. I agree i went on a little tangent bringing up Benghazi haha. My main point was that i thought it was good decision that Obama made to bring him home. I just thought they (Obama administration) should have been more respectful to the men who were killed looking for him.

Comment

My opinion: Leave no one behind. Do whatever it fucking takes to get them back. He's an American, he's a solider, WE sent him over there. He's one of us (both American, and for those who serve); it's our duty to bring him home. Rescue attempts failed, so we had no choice but to barter for his release.
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                    My opinion: Leave no one behind. Do whatever it fucking takes to get them back. He's an American, he's a solider, WE sent him over there. He's one of us (both American, and for those who serve); it's our duty to bring him home. Rescue attempts failed, so we had no choice but to barter for his release.
                    I agree even if he is an idiot he is our idiot and we should try to get him back. It just would have been a lot easier to swallow if it was a 1:1 trade or at worst a 2:1 trade.

Comment

The thing is guys.....those 5 Gitmo detainees were released 5 days prior to any swap taking place. Releasing Bergdahl wasn't even part of the original plan......this has been confirmed by the White House. So the question is, why? The Bergdahl exchange was simply to try and save face (which I believe made it even worse).

Comment

This is a terrible move. Take it from an Israeli.....look up the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange; that's the kind of thing you may one day be facing after establishing this precedent. People don't seem to understand that in this case America is dealing with animals, people that don't value life (this isn't debatable, you don't blow yourself up or fly yourself into buildings when your life has value). They would NEVER trade 5 Americans for 1 of their own, it's simply not worth it for them.

This is why captured terrorists should be executed(after exhausting all efforts to extract information)....these people will take advantage of American weakness in this regard, just like they do with Israeli weakness.
                        Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Working...
                        X