Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all gamer nerds

Who here is a gaming nerd?

One of my favourite pastimes is to play some video games. I love RPGs like skyrim and fallout and assassins/stealth games like assassins creed/dishonoured/hitman.

I am debating whether to buy the old N64 and go all nostalgia with golden eye and some other classics.

Anybody else into games? What about them do you like..come on IM I know there are atleast some nerds like me here!

Thought it would be good to get some discussion going. By all means review games here...even add what gadgets you like..anything!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I'm a PC gamer nerd, but I haven't found much to excite me lately. I was playing Tiberium Alliances (a free to play web game), but my browser decided it didn't like it any more. I'm now playing Clash of Clans on the iPad. In general, I like FPS (Quake, Dues Ex, etc.) as well as games like Command and Conquer.
    ...playing Bingo at the Senior Center :shocked:

Comment

Borderlands 2 all day long!!!
      Skyrim is cool but i got frustrated with the endless side quests.

Still need to get on saints row 4 and gta5. I got about half way through them but gearbox keeps releasing borderlands content ��

Matt
      NABBA UK 2011 - Novice class 3rd Place
      NABBA BRITAIN FINALS 2012 - Novice class 3rd Place
      NABBA NORTH WEST 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 1st Place
      NABBA WORLD CHAMPS 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 10th Place
      NABBA ENGLAND 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 3rd place
      NABBA UK 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 4th place

Comment

Forgot about borderlands, although a gd roleplayer it is somewhat boring in the wastes for me as there not much exploring to be had.
        Skyrim is boring the moment you go into 1cave/barrow/dungeon- they are all identical as are the fckimg dragur! Having said that, I put a few (see A LOT) of hours into playing it.

Gta 5 story mode is great..not played online yet though.
        Saints row 4 looks hilarious, is it as fun as it looks?

Comment

Originally posted by Agi View Post
          I'm a PC gamer nerd, but I haven't found much to excite me lately. I was playing Tiberium Alliances (a free to play web game), but my browser decided it didn't like it any more. I'm now playing Clash of Clans on the iPad. In general, I like FPS (Quake, Dues Ex, etc.) as well as games like Command and Conquer.
          Ill be honest, not the most technology knowledgable person , so I am a bit wary or what gaming pc credentials are good and what you should look for for good graphics/speed etc..(read that as - what the fuck do I buy..)

I have seen a laptop at a shop running some game and the graphics were immense. Blew my pants off...plus the benefits of the MODS that are avaliable extends the life of games 10fold.

Comment

Call Of Duty MW3 for me on 360.
            Save yourself 5% on all your TRUENUTRITION orders by using discount code MTM281

My Training Log Here at IM

"Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn

Comment

I usually play a lot of PC games. Battlefield 4, DayZ, sometimes I play Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2. I'm a big fan of Horror games, Amnesia and such. Mostly just revisiting the Bioshock francise for now and playing some Space Hulk (strategy game).
              "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Bioshock 1 was the best imo.
                Didnt like 2 & 3 much as it just rehased the 1st.

Only ever liked story mode on COD games..never really got the whole online attraction..only just found out recently that there is a big COD competition with something like a $1million prize..wow

Comment

Counter Strike!
                  :preach:

Comment

Xbox 360...Bioshock, Left for Dead's, All COD games (I liked Black OPs II the best, not into the new Ghost all that much, the spawns suck). Just got the Xbox One, so far it is the most expensive Netflix player in my house... but you can talk to it! I am still a sucker for the old classics, like Street Fighter II on the Super Nintendo and Contra on NES...stuff like that. The best PC game ever was Duke Nukem Atomic Version. God, I used to play that until like 4 AM every night and then go dragging into work at 7:30. That was also one of the first multiplayer games over a dial up modem connection that I played (THAT, I don't miss so much.. khhkhhkh...sshshshh..ping..pong...ping...shshhshh) .
                    "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Before i got to that last line, i was already doin those modem noises in my head!!

Damn Duke Nukem..the first time I ever saw pixelated jugs!
                      You just reminded me that I had road rash 3d/streets rage/lotus challenge and DOOM! Wow great simple games..how much its changed in the past 5 years alone..nevermind the last 15 years.

The original playstation metal gear solid..snake smokes!!

Is it just me or do any of you think back at old games and think...oh shit that has awesome graphics...and then when u replay it 10 years later..its pretty much just pixel men!
                      I had this with gta san andreas...bought it on ps2 back in 05(if im correct) thought graphics were amazing..got it couple years ago on 360.. Shockin graphics...
                      Who else had a JACKED CJ!!?

Comment

currently finishing ff9, skyrim was real frustrating after learning dark magic was terribly weak

Comment

Anyone remember black and white?? Christ i loved that game.

I seriously got right into gears of war 3 too...even hoard mode online was so cool...and frustrating!! Haha.

Saints row 4 if you ask me is identical to the 3rd one. Just a different story. In that respect it is dissapointing but i just like fucking about on open world games so i still had fun.

Oh shit!! Red dead redemption story was fucking awesome!!

I also liked rage...graphically it was stunning!!

Matt
                          NABBA UK 2011 - Novice class 3rd Place
                          NABBA BRITAIN FINALS 2012 - Novice class 3rd Place
                          NABBA NORTH WEST 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 1st Place
                          NABBA WORLD CHAMPS 2014 - Mr Class 2 - 10th Place
                          NABBA ENGLAND 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 3rd place
                          NABBA UK 2015 - Mr Class 2 - 4th place

Comment

I loved the Metal Gear series. Played them all. Haven't owned a console in nearly 3 years but I'm considering getting a PS4 mainly because a new Metal Gear title is on it's way.

I've also been wanting to give Skyrim and the new Battlefied a try.
                            ch4881
                            Light-heavyweight Member
                            Last edited by ch4881; 03-04-2014, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Saints row v aliens sounds pretty fucking epic.

Shit, i forgot read dead redemption! Awesome game.

Fav metal gear game was 3 that came out on ps3. Great blend of story and stealth..although the scenes do drag a little and have a boat load of information to keep up with

Comment

Working...
                              X