Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working out until you shrink (overtraining)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working out until you shrink (overtraining)

So my dumbass trained intensely for 4 hours today because I was cracked out on my pre-workout and was in a workout high. 3-6 reps till failure w/ 4 sets for back, for each exercise that I did. Usually my body lets me know when to stop, but today I was so in the zone that I didn't realize that my body started to look deflated/shrunken. So my question is... If within the hour after lifting I ate 2,000+ calories w/ digestive enzymes to help absorb as much nutrients as possible from the food, would that save my body from the catabolic damage that was being done/already done and help me grow in size and strength like a normal workout?

Maybe my horrible example below will help you guys understand what the unclear question I'm asking is.

E.g Being on level 10 of a graph with highest level 20, but because I over trained I went down to level 7 while training (in terms of damage), and after I eat and sleep (workout recovery would help me gain + 10 levels) be at level 17 instead of 20 because the damage was already done so the body didn't recover to its full potential.

Over-think much?

Eat and rest and you will recover. You felt "small" because you ended up so depleted.

You are trying to make something that is very gray, black and white with numbers and you can't do that.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Thanks, yea that's what I did and I'm fine. I was still cracked out as I wrote my question lol.

Comment

This is a great question for a guy who's been a member here for 5 years. Surely you would have put on 20kg now and figured this out.
        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
        ~William Bernbach

Comment

starting out from day one has been hard for me dude even though I need to keep pounding down meals

Comment

Working...
          X