If you just found out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you just found out....

You only had a year left to live, what would you do with that time? Just curious and no I'm not dying...
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

I'd like to think that I would worry less, and enjoy more, somehow be freer.

And since one day I am going to die, I would like to start doing that now.
    2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
    2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
    2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
    2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
    2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
    2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

For me, I would do a few things in that year. I would probably worry a LOT less about my job performance and enjoy my personal life more, build and enjoy stronger relationships with the important people in my life, and I would want to finally make that leap into doing a bodybuilding show :bb:, since I havent competed yet and keep putting it off. What would you do Heck?

Comment

Quit my job and go on a year-long global excursion.... African safari, antartica, Asia, South america... the most exotic places I could think of.
        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I would spend as much time with my son doing as many fun activities as possible so he had an incredible memory of me when I was gone. I would attempt to right wrongs I have done and things I was not proud of, whether they forgave was irrelevant, I'd admit my wrong and come to peace with them. Tell people things I should have a long time ago that I've held in but shouldn't have.

Comment

I spend as much time with my daughter as possible whilst still taking my brother bass fishing and loving everything about my wife... I'd go to mass 3 xs a week minimum and eat a lot of hamburgers
            I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
            I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by firedawg0108 View Post
              What would you do Heck?
              I would drain my retirement accounts, max out all of my credit cards, travel the world and do random nice things for less fortunate people....and have a boat load of fun along the way!
              Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

I'd probably continue as I would, but take a lot more weekends traveling north to see my family, which is less than an hour by plane. Knowing me, I'd keep it in as long as I possibly could. I hate seeing my mom cry.

I would also spend a lot more time doing more EC activities that I don't get to do because I have to study - like the homeless soup kitchen / clinic on Tuesday evenings.
                #docswholift
                PGY-1 FM
                "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

It is interesting that I stumbled upon this thread because I was asking a very similar question yesterday. I found myself wondering what I would do differently if I discovered that I only had 6 months to live, but a year is about the same, and I have to admit that I honestly do not know. That bothers me, and it also helped me to realize that I have some serious thinking to do. I want to go to my death bed knowing that I gave it my all and there was nothing left to do at that point in my life whether it is within the next 10 minutes, or 100 years from now.
                  NO SPAMMING!

Comment

1 year gives me plenty of time to complete my mission. I would continue on as usual at this stage.

"Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                    ~William Bernbach

Comment

Working...
                    X