Time Off - Enjoying the holidays!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Off - Enjoying the holidays!?

I am sure this may have come up in the past, but as its nearing X-Mas it seems a topical conversation to have.

What are peoples approach to Christmas in terms of training, diet etc? Who will be watching everything they eat, who will be training etc?

Personally I've decided to drop my skiploads as of this weekend until the New Year. I am hoping it will allow me to be a bit more "relaxed" at the weekends leading up to X-Mas (a cheeky mince pie or chocolate here or there). X-Mas eve, X-Mas day and boxing day (26th) will be completely devoid of any structed nutrition and will be spent enjoying good food and drink with family and friends. Training wise I'll have 5 days off and then it will be all guns blazing to remove this final 5% of BF.

Originally posted by the db View Post
    I am sure this may have come up in the past, but as its nearing X-Mas it seems a topical conversation to have.

What are peoples approach to Christmas in terms of training, diet etc? Who will be watching everything they eat, who will be training etc?

Personally I've decided to drop my skiploads as of this weekend until the New Year. I am hoping it will allow me to be a bit more "relaxed" at the weekends leading up to X-Mas (a cheeky mince pie or chocolate here or there). X-Mas eve, X-Mas day and boxing day (26th) will be completely devoid of any structed nutrition and will be spent enjoying good food and drink with family and friends. Training wise I'll have 5 days off and then it will be all guns blazing to remove this final 5% of BF.
    I'll train as usual, my gym never closes and my son will be with his mom at the times I do so it doesn't take away from him and my skiploads will just go from the usuall sunday to xmas and new years days then go back to normal. Enjoy the time with your family like you plan and that's what I'll do as well. The other days its business as usual.

Comment

training as usual, first "off-season" doing cardio, diet plan in order with a few snacks/cheats here and there, SKIP load stays :-)
      SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Train as usual maybe some extra volume, eating as usual family get togethers eat drink what I want---like robb said enjoy the holidays. ..don't be the "I can't wait till January so I can get back to business! " guy
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

I am going to take advantage of having a kitchen when I go back home and look forward to making traditional Filipino food - chicken adobo, lumpia, kare-kare (oxtails). I also want some garlic fried rice and an over easy egg.

Because it's so rich and full of amazing, saturated animal fat I couldn't get past one meal even if I tried.

I'll still get in the gym, but it's conveniently going to be deload time.
          #docswholift
          PGY-1 FM
          "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

I don't miss training sessions but my eating is "looser"....is that a word? Lol. I don't really eat sweets much but I'm a food lover and usually just jump right back on the serious track after New Years....
            STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Do what ever i feel like on xmas day and boxing day. Manipulate cals and training leading up to it to compensate for food overload. Probably fast for a day.

Comment

I usually write about this every year and beg people to be normal and enjoy food, friends and family. You have the other 11.75 months of the year to be on top of your diet.

Myself? I will be cruising to Belize with my family, we leave tonight. After we tell the kids in about 4 hours. lol

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  I usually write about this every year and beg people to be normal

Skip
                  What are you saying about the members here?

Have a great trip!

Comment

im doing the usual since its a normal day to me.

though 1 day of eating is not gonna mess up months of consistency. it may even do wonders to "shock" your body into new growth or whatever

Comment

There won't be any break for training but will take few days off work
                      I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with “Guess” on it…so I said “Implants?”

Comment

I will train another week and then be off as I will be travelling...attended a Christmas party last night and enjoyed all the cookies/goodies. Definitely eat more relaxed over the next couple of weeks and actually look forward to the time off, relaxing, and not worrying about training/diet/cardio...everything...plenty of other times during the year to focus on that. I just want to enjoy the time with family, friends...and all the food that is made during this year.

-s
                        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                          I usually write about this every year and beg people to be normal and enjoy food, friends and family. You have the other 11.75 months of the year to be on top of your diet.

Myself? I will be cruising to Belize with my family, we leave tonight. After we tell the kids in about 4 hours. lol

Skip
                          That's really cool! Have a great trip!

Comment

Good advice skip. Interesting to get some of the views.

I just had the 2 most amazing training sessions - throwing weight on everything, primarily because I'm in a calorific and carb excess now that I've started enjoying some festive food. So pumped too that I could barely move my arms by the end of each session- and just felt like I could go on forever.

5 days off from training now. Will be nice to not be sore and tired for a little while. No doubt my family will enjoy having a fun guy around rather than the slightly irritable and overly tired guy that have gotten used to in the last 10-12 weeks!

Comment

Very busy time for me with family ( my wife's a nurse so she's working a lot and presently my 6 month old is sick :-( ), my band stuff being in high gear, and work (I work at a skilled nursing facility so we never close and people also require care 24/7/365) that plus the open closing schedule of gym means I'll be able to train again ummmmm Thursday lol no biggie being normal sounds fun for 3 days or so. I skipped my last Deload anyway so an impromptu few days off seems nice.. Happy holidays and merry Christmas hope everyone is safe and has a large time!
                              Last edited by DC_catholic315; 12-23-2013, 02:56 PM.
                              I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
                              I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Working...
                              X