Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP please: youtube.com accounts

Here is the lowdown:

I have 2 accounts. 1 has always been there and is the main one with a lot of training videos and all of the DVD videos, etc.. The channel account name is TEAM SKIP and the email is [email protected].

However, I switched to gmail about 4 years ago because it works so well and is so user friendly with my phone so .... when I made a gmail account, of course, I have a new youtube account by default, basically. It is Ken Skip Hill and only about 2 videos on it because I got frustrated trying to upload a training video from my phone to my BIG youtube account and just decided to post it directly from my phone to my gmail/youtube account instead. Did that twice. That account for gmail is my email [email protected].

Here is what I want, ideally, and don't know how to do it:

I want to combine the 2 channels into one but I want it to have the name TEAM SKIP, not Ken Skip Hill. I don't care if it is listed under the [email protected] email as much as I don't want my ken skip hill name on it, if at all possible. Ideally, I would basically like to get the big channel from [email protected] to combine with the [email protected] account.

Is this possible? Easy? Not so easy? I don't want to lose any of the videos, obviously.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

You can add alternate email addresses to associate with your primary account which would allow you to sign in, recover your password, etc. with that alternate email address. However, that alternate email cannot be a gmail account - i.e. you need to link the alternate email addresses to your gmail account.

So... you could associate [email protected] with your [email protected] account, but that would mean you'd need to delete that first account and you'd lose all of your videos (unless you uploaded them to the second account as well). And then you would also need to change the name on your gmail account so that it reads TEAM SKIP and not Ken Skip Hill.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2404846?hl=en
    https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/176347?hl=en
    Last edited by moco; 12-03-2013, 09:22 AM.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
    2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
    2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
    2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
    2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

If I combine to the gmail account, will I lose all subscribers and views from the first account? It sounds like I will.

I don't understand the alternate account that you are talking about. Would it allow me to keep both accounts and access both of them from the same gmail account? If so, I don't care to combine the two and would just access both from my gmail. Right now, it appears that I have to sign out of my gmail and then sign into the other account on youtube and that is a hugely inefficient process. Plus, I still want to be able to upload videos directly to the [email protected] account from my gmail account.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I think I may have figured it out - not sure if its going to do exactly what you want but you can give it a shot.

1. Log in to whichever account you want to be your primary YouTube account (gmail I believe) and in the upper right hand corner click on that icon that expands your Google Account menu.

2. Click on 'Switch account' and then 'Add account'

You can now add additional accounts which will allow you to switch back and forth between your multiple accounts without needing to sign in and out (the two accounts will remain separate YouTube channels).

2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Is there any way to access the [email protected] youtube account through my [email protected] gmail account? I think the answer is a big fat no but wanted to check. This really is bullshit because I can't give up my main account that has been around forever and accessing it is a BITCH.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            Is there any way to access the [email protected] youtube account through my [email protected] gmail account? I think the answer is a big fat no but wanted to check. This really is bullshit because I can't give up my main account that has been around forever and accessing it is a BITCH.

Skip
            Once you add your instensemuscle.com account to your gmail account you should be able to access both by signing in to your gmail account. I created an email address to test this out - see screen shot below:
            Attached Files

Comment

I was going to try it out before you posted this but I was scared to death that it would delete or make me delete the other account after I did. lol

I am notorious for doing shit like this and then regretting it after I fuck it all up.

Skip

Comment

For all the people who complain every time facebook makes an interface change, they are light years ahead of youtube who seem to be trying to drive people away with every update.
                PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Working...
                X