Jealous Friends..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jealous Friends..

I was looking for a different title but wasn't sure how to explain it. I don't even know if it is jealousy or what.

I have some friends who always seem to make negative comments. I don't know what it is. I am not super wealthy, down to earth, always up for a good time and don't care about a status. But man, some friends seem to get so pissy over what WE buy or what WE do.

I work 2 jobs and bust my ass, as does my wife. However, we still make time for one another. We have a small (3 bedroom) but nice home and enjoy vacations and have decent vehicles. Some always like to comment about this and that. Drives us nuts. Or make the ignorant comments, "You know, once you have kids, you are going to have to sell that 67 camaro. Just wait, you'll see." And we don't have kids yet, but 1 one the way, but before that, it seems like some used to hold that over our heads. Like they were better than us, because they have children. Or they would make comments about how thin my wife is..lol. She was 113lbs (gained some w/ the baby). She eats, but works her ass off and has a physically demanding job. I love the unsolicited advice too...lol.

Anyone else have "friends" like these? How do you deal with them?
    Just annoyed at the moment I guess, sorry for the bitchin'...
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

I understand where you're coming from. I think we all have those "friends" that can't NOT make comments about one thing or another. I think it just stems from they are dissatisfied about things in their lives, and want to bring others down. Misery loves company!

I always just tell them let me worry about me and if you don't like how I do things, you don't have to stick around. A few of them, the ones that really annoyed me, I just eliminated from my life. At one point I used to love confrontation (lol) but now that I'm calming down over the years I just assume not deal with the BS anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jsaild2 View Post
      I understand where you're coming from. I think we all have those "friends" that can't NOT make comments about one thing or another. I think it just stems from they are dissatisfied about things in their lives, and want to bring others down. Misery loves company!

I always just tell them let me worry about me and if you don't like how I do things, you don't have to stick around. A few of them, the ones that really annoyed me, I just eliminated from my life. At one point I used to love confrontation (lol) but now that I'm calming down over the years I just assume not deal with the BS anymore.
      Right...I would love to lose it on them. But they have qualities I like, which is why we are friends. And I would look like the bad guy for telling them to Go F$%k Themselves. But it would feel good at times. I like your approach though.
      2005 HOA Natural Classic
      2006 OCB Midwest
      2008 HOA Natural Classic
      NPC Mid-Illinois
      NPC Midwest Open
      NPC Natural Grand Prix
      USPA Illinois State
      NGA Heart of America
      NGA Clash of the Titans

Comment

Literally lol'd as we experience this EXACT thing. "Just wait til you have kids." Or "It must be nice." You know what shitbag?! It IS nice. Especially because exactly like you guys we bust our asses to have what we do. It must be nice to use your kids as an excuse or to be a lazy turd too.

Fuck them man. If someone's not hating then you're not doing anything worth hating. Cut ties with those types of people. It's the easiest way to eliminate the aggravation.
        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I love all my haters
          :preach:

Comment

Yeah I just minimize my interaction with those people.
            #docswholift
            PGY-1 FM
            "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
              Literally lol'd as we experience this EXACT thing. "Just wait til you have kids." Or "It must be nice." You know what shitbag?! It IS nice. Especially because exactly like you guys we bust our asses to have what we do. It must be nice to use your kids as an excuse or to be a lazy turd too.

Fuck them man. If someone's not hating then you're not doing anything worth hating. Cut ties with those types of people. It's the easiest way to eliminate the aggravation.
              We had this exact conversation, I have kids and I still do what I want, sorry you're too damn lazy and don't work as hard as I do. They wouldn't be talking shit about you of you weren't doing shit worth talking about.. They aren't friends, they are leeches, upset because they don't have what you do, dead weight.

Comment

I have said this time and time again: People resent others for having and doing what they do not or cannot. Jealousy is pretty accurate, I think.

Speaking only for myself, I distance myself from people that resent me. I might not tell them off or cut all ties but I certainly distance myself from them because I see it as negative. You should NEVER have to question what you do or what you spend your money on - whether it is responsible or not, it is YOUR business and no one else's.

Kids are an excuse, for a LOT of people from not having the car they want to not having a motorcycle to not being able to go to the gym, etc.. Kids are a very convenient excuse for a lot of shit.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

It seems to have gotten worse when I started doing real estate as a side job (and it's turned out to be a lucrative side job that I'm becoming good at). Some people love to make sure how smart everyone thinks they are. Everyone is an expert. ... or so they think.
                  2005 HOA Natural Classic
                  2006 OCB Midwest
                  2008 HOA Natural Classic
                  NPC Mid-Illinois
                  NPC Midwest Open
                  NPC Natural Grand Prix
                  USPA Illinois State
                  NGA Heart of America
                  NGA Clash of the Titans

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
                    It seems to have gotten worse when I started doing real estate as a side job (and it's turned out to be a lucrative side job that I'm becoming good at). Some people love to make sure how smart everyone thinks they are. Everyone is an expert. ... or so they think.
                    Lucrative being the issue, I am sure.

If it is negative and it weighs on you, put space between you and them. You gotta cover your ass, first, and keep yourself happy and you don't ever want to feel guilty for being successful.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Everyone has an awesome idea about a new business, or how to run a business, or where to set up their business, but in the end if they don't do shit, they're just dreaming. Kudos for having the balls to go out there and get an extra source of income.

Friends should be supportive, not bringing you down. Only one of my friends gets on my ass on things but only because he wants me to do better so I don't mind it. Kinda annoying/intimidating/inspiring to have a friend who's pretty good at investment banking.
                      Max Muscle
                      5020 Katella Ave.
                      Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                      www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

i agree with pretty much everything everybody has said....I vote for cutting ties altogether. Yes this sounds harsh i know but anyone that isnt happy for you and your success and actually resents you enough that they comment on it do NOT have your best interests at heart.

Btw kid do change things ALOT. Doesnt mean you have to turn into an outta-shape POS with no work ethic or drive.

i have a pretty good ability to "get a read on people", and i run the other way from peopel that arent happy with themselves and thier lives. Unhappy people tend project that on others and create excuses why they are unhappy and why "its so easy for others". Life's to short to deal with that shit.....
                        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                        17 AAU Super Total
                        '16-AAU Hi
                        '15-USPA Metro
                        '15-USPA State
                        '15-AAU HI
                        '14-AAU HI
                        '14-USPA Metro
                        '14-WABDL Sonny's
                        '14-USPA State
                        '14-HI Strongman
                        '13-USPA
                        '13-WABDL Sonny's
                        '13-USPA State
                        '13-AAU HI
                        '11-USPA Metro
                        '10-NPC Stingrey
                        '09-NPC Islands
                        '09-NPC Stingrey
                        '09-ABA Islands
                        '02-ABA Islands
                        '02-ABA IronWorks
                        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                        '01-ABA Olympia
                        '01-ABA Islands
                        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                        '00-INBF Musclefest
                        '98-NGA Ill
                        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Good points.

And before we told friends we were expecting ( please don't mention this on FB or wife will kill me) it seemed like our friends with kids made it a point to make every conversation about their children. ..yada yada. I love kids and excited to have our own. .. but children will not consume my life where every minute detail revolves around them. I can't wait for their parenting advice. ..lol.

Thanks again for everyone's tips, stories, etc... now I will be enjoying my 67 convertible that will accommodate a car seat. .ha
                          2005 HOA Natural Classic
                          2006 OCB Midwest
                          2008 HOA Natural Classic
                          NPC Mid-Illinois
                          NPC Midwest Open
                          NPC Natural Grand Prix
                          USPA Illinois State
                          NGA Heart of America
                          NGA Clash of the Titans

Comment

Good points.

And before we told friends we were expecting ( please don't mention this on FB or wife will kill me) it seemed like our friends with kids made it a point to make every conversation about their children. ..yada yada. I love kids and excited to have our own. .. but children will not consume my life where every minute detail revolves around them. I can't wait for their parenting advice. ..lol.

Thanks again for everyone's tips, stories, etc... now I will be enjoying my 67 convertible that will accommodate a car seat. .ha
                            2005 HOA Natural Classic
                            2006 OCB Midwest
                            2008 HOA Natural Classic
                            NPC Mid-Illinois
                            NPC Midwest Open
                            NPC Natural Grand Prix
                            USPA Illinois State
                            NGA Heart of America
                            NGA Clash of the Titans

Comment

Oh yes.... The parenting advice. LOL

Skip

Sent from Skip's Samsung Note 2

Comment

Working...
                              X