Meeting My Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting My Numbers

For years when it came to my diet, I’ve always focused on meeting my Carbs, Protein and Fat numbers with no problem. However, as I start this off-season nutritional plan, I’ve added the goal of meeting my calorie numbers as well. I have to say that I’m finding it difficult to do. Sure, I can get all the other numbers (carbs, protein & fat) in but when I look over at the calories box, I’m always off (+/-). For me it’s never been a real big deal but now that I’ve earned my personal trainers certification and will someday be working one-on-one with folks, it would be something that I need to have a good handle on. What have you guys experienced? I know this may sound silly but just thought I’d put it out there.
    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

I've noticed that calories listed in nutritional info, more often than not, seem to not line up mathematically with the macros listed. Honestly, I think you can go either way with it, as long as you are consistent to each client. I'd personally go with counting macros rather than calories.

Comment

Originally posted by jsaild2 View Post
      I'd personally go with counting macros rather than calories.

This. I remember when I first went on a plan I missed the "just pay attention to the main macro" and tried to line up the calories with the macros and almost cried in frustration after an hour.
      #docswholift
      PGY-1 FM
      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

I prepped myself for my first 7 seven shows...other than my initial base point I never really calculated calories only macros...to simplify further I broke macros into 50g/servings and manipulated based on how many servings per day...which made measuring and portioning out food easy. I also did a earky early version of carb cycling revolved around 1-4 "servings" of carbs per day.
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Thanks all,

You know, I was trying to get this process of figuring out a different way of coming up with the same outcome as I do with just monitoring my Macro numbers, So when I started helping folks with their diets, I could apply the principles and formulas that are laid out in my ISSA personal Cert text book. But this seems to be more of a pain in the ass than anything else.
          "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
          2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
          2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
          2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
          2002 NPC Western Carolina:
          2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

calories in fiber

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
            Thanks all,

You know, I was trying to get this process of figuring out a different way of coming up with the same outcome as I do with just monitoring my Macro numbers, So when I started helping folks with their diets, I could apply the principles and formulas that are laid out in my ISSA personal Cert text book. But this seems to be more of a pain in the ass than anything else.
            Just wanted to throw my thoughts in here this past cutting cycle where i was counting my macros AND calories. Depending on where your food is from (local/international) and type of food, the manufacturers may or may not have the fiber content of the food count toward total calories.
            NSCA CSCS
            BSc(Ed) Physical Education & Sport Science

Comment

Working...
            X