Dunhill225/old225-My Mud Run!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunhill225/old225-My Mud Run!!

So it was this past Saturday. The distance wasn't that hard, if this was a normal run it would have been easy. Obstacles were pretty easy. Only rough part was the terrain, don't think any part of it was flat...all just uneven, tree roots, hills, etc... so my ankles, feet and back are sore as hell still.

So why did I do it? Cause a cpl months ago I couldn't have. That simple really. 7-8 weeks and down 45-50lbs (yea I lost some muscle but it will come rt back). Gonna drop a lill more wt and then gain back most of the lost muscle.
    Still off my trt so its all natty for a good while now and will be untill .... well....untill other certain events happen :-)

Anyway here are a few pics. Oh race was supposed to be 5K butbat the even they said it was over cause or the course and was rt at 4 miles... the bad part was they said that BEFORE I ran, would have preferred if they kept that to themselves till AFTER I had run. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Files

I am happy to do the run, the mud and the other dramas but without a gun in my hand and an animal in the fridge it seems like waste of effort. I hope you enjoyed it, it looks like you did, well sort of.
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Comment

It was fun... I was supposed to do it with someone but... well things wound up changing some.
      Anyway it was cool. I guess I should have done some running to prepare for it... only did elliptical cause I started trying to get ready for it so heavy that I coukd not have handled the pounding of running. I'd like to do a lot more challenging one some time...also like to just run a 10K. I'm gonna probably look for one around the start of next summer and give it a go.
      Just cool to do something I know I never could have when picking up heavy shit was all that mattered. Gonna add some lost muscle back but hell... ill be happy to just be a pretty damn lean 230 or so and I should get that in a cpl months.
      Peace

Comment

Oh to give an idea....this was pretty much how I looked 2-3 months ago.

Attached Files

Comment

BIG change, There are some Mudda runs near me each month or so people from work do, might go for a look. I'm around 245lbs so no running for me.
          "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
          Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
          'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
          ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
            BIG change, There are some Mudda runs near me each month or so people from work do, might go for a look. I'm around 245lbs so no running for me.
            About half the people kinda fast walked it. The one I did was almost like a "mud hike" cause you couldn't really run for probably half the course.
            It was fun. I was supposed to run it with a young lady I know but... there were some problems with that.
            Anyway I got under 230 probably a week out but the last few days I ate much better and probably ran at 235+... if I do another one though I am gonna make sure I'm under 220. One of the orgs that run them does the wholr thing like a 2 day party. Run Saturday and sat nt and all day sunday is music, beer and food. You camp out over nt. Looks like a blast so I want to do that one next year....maybe.

Comment

Nice job dun!

The mud runs are fun at least once.. after that I got too tired of cleaning up all the damn mud. ;p
              #docswholift
              PGY-1 FM
              "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                Nice job dun!

The mud runs are fun at least once.. after that I got too tired of cleaning up all the damn mud. ;p
                Thank you.

Comment

These are from a cpl week ago.
                  Still wanna drop some more bodyfat but not far from where I wanna be.

Attached Files

Comment

Decided to add some muscle back on... yea and some pudge. I'd say half and half rt now anout 275 or so here. Adding till xmass and then dropoing for 2 months. Wanna be as lean as I was for ravw but 10-15 heavier.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just a cpl that are from 2 days ago. At 280 or so rt now. Gonna try....TRY and stay there till Xmas and the cut for a cpl months.
                      Peace

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by old225 View Post
                        Just a cpl that are from 2 days ago. At 280 or so rt now. Gonna try....TRY and stay there till Xmas and the cut for a cpl months.
                        Peace

About 40 llbs and 3 1/2 months apart.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X