Follow up on gym gone bad.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up on gym gone bad.....

Well, I posted a while back about the horrible new management that my gym is under. Well, I decided that it is a good facility, I know what I am doing(for the most part) and if I need some help or advice I could come here. Also this is the only gym in town short of the base which has no daycare and my bedroom, but I can't figure out the bowflex!! Anyway, I see this big sign that says 65 days until Marine Corps ball. Can you fit in that dress? We can help. So I went to the most qualified looking trainer and said....I could u7se some help and could also use some tips for exercises to ment a torn tendon in my shoulder.

Well, I made an appointment.....I went.....it was awful.

This guy told me that the housework I did at home was enough cardio. He said I could walk about 5 mins before working out to warm up, but other than that I didnt need any extra. Next, now remember the shoulder, He had me do 3 different things, all of which targeted that shoulder. Now I know that I need to do some work with it, but this guy was an idiot. I did what he said and then I said are sure this is good for my shoulder. He said well these are just the shoulder exercises that we do, as for how it will affect the injury...I dont know!!! I was in the bed most of Saturday on muscle relaxers.

Anyway, after he did that he takes me back to his desk. He tells me to take in 3500 calories a day. I am trying to LOSE weight, not become an elephant! Then he said I owed him 30 for that workout and that if I wanted to continue I had to sign a contract and pay an extra $120 a month on top of my regular fee to use him for one 30 min. session a week.

Someone tell me...is there something wrong with this? Am I just over reacting? I am livid and I guess could use a calm head to tell me what to do about this place.
    Leslie

Originally posted by LeslieJo
    Someone tell me...is there something wrong with this? Am I just over reacting? I am livid and I guess could use a calm head to tell me what to do about this place.
    Yes there is something wrong with it, BUT UNFORTUNATELY it's not all that uncommon! Too many places now are staffed by UNQUALIFIED people.
    However you do have options. You do not necessarily need to switch gyms to use a specific trainer. If there is someone in your area you know is good, talk with them about setting you on a program that they will not need to stand over you every workout (assuming you are somewhat familiar with exercises). How do you think these online trainers do it? They basically talk you through it and monitor your progress from afar.
    Another option is to do more homework on your own as to a good routine/cardio/diet plan...I'm sure there are people here more than willing to help you put one together that works for you!
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Thanks KR...I will do that. I am also looking into seeing what it takes to be a paid idiot. I mean for that kind of money I think I could pull off stupid. hehe

Online trainer...ok here I an showing my ignorance, but my internet time is limited and is generally just me getting me back in school again, balancing a checkbook or nickjr.com...-please tell more about online training. I have seen something on this site, but my level of training is nowhere near that so I stayed away.

Fill me in.
      Leslie

Comment

Originally posted by LeslieJo
        Online trainer...ok here I an showing my ignorance, but my internet time is limited and is generally just me getting me back in school again, balancing a checkbook or nickjr.com...-please tell more about online training. I have seen something on this site, but my level of training is nowhere near that so I stayed away.

Fill me in.
        This what guys like skip and doggcrapp do here, only they're more the "hardcore" variety. They work with you on a regular basis through email or forum posting to monitor your progress and make adjustments as needed. There may be someone out there who can recommend an online trainer to fit your goals, or simply post your questions in a thread and complie your plan from the responses.
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

lesliejo, just post your questions on the board somewhere and i can almost guarantee whoever is knowledgable about whichever subjects will try to help you accordingly and to the best of their knowledge.

as a sidenote, you dont even have to be certified to be a trainer now, just so long as you get some type of certification (yeah, even weekend internet course) within 90 days. so yes, some guy who 'thinks he knows something' can go to a gym and get a job as a personal trainer....now thats pathetic.
          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by MsteveM
            lesliejo, just post your questions on the board somewhere and i can almost guarantee whoever is knowledgable about whichever subjects will try to help you accordingly and to the best of their knowledge.

This will get you some good answers and good info BUT you are going to get differing opinions and you will have to sift through the info and decide what is best for you. With a trainer, you don't have 10 different opinions contradicting each other. In your case, you just got an idiot.

Post your situation and see what kind of feedback you get.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Posting questions allows for a better think tank to come forward than playing hit or miss with some tool at a gym. We have "certified" trainers at our gym...UGH! They are really bad. I wish I could say they have sound technique but they don't.

USE THE BOARD. It helps.
              International Elite Raw Powerlifter
              Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Working...
              X