LED Strip Lighting question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Strip Lighting question...

We are remodeling our kitchen and i am looking at several types of under cabinet lighting. I like the led strip light. Very inconspicuous, and pretty inexpensive.

My question is, i need to go around a window, but don't want light around the window, but want to run off the same power location (going/want to hardwire it and not use the plug). I have seen some different jumpers or extensions to use on led strip light that can be cut. Just nervous about cutting the led strip, then the 2nd half not working under the other cabinets.

Anyone have any experience/suggestions?
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Originally posted by breck View Post
    We are remodeling our kitchen and i am looking at several types of under cabinet lighting. I like the led strip light. Very inconspicuous, and pretty inexpensive.

My question is, i need to go around a window, but don't want light around the window, but want to run off the same power location (going/want to hardwire it and not use the plug). I have seen some different jumpers or extensions to use on led strip light that can be cut. Just nervous about cutting the led strip, then the 2nd half not working under the other cabinets.

Anyone have any experience/suggestions?
    I need to see them or a cut sheet, what do they look like after you cut them? Loose wires?

Comment

Thanks Robb...here is something similar i am looking at...i think when they are cut, wires aren't exposed, but contact points are. I have seen where writes can be soldered to the points, or solderless extension clip on thing. But i don't know if it changes if i use led lights that can change colors.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/370774752824?redirect=mobile
      2005 HOA Natural Classic
      2006 OCB Midwest
      2008 HOA Natural Classic
      NPC Mid-Illinois
      NPC Midwest Open
      NPC Natural Grand Prix
      USPA Illinois State
      NGA Heart of America
      NGA Clash of the Titans

Comment

I've seen them, there are connection points, those 2 red dots, where you can solder on light gauge wire. A friend of mine has a couple rolls that he used around his tattoo shop, uses old cell phone chargers to solder to the ends to plug them in and power them.
        They are more "mood lighting" than something used as a work light.
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by KidRok View Post
          I've seen them, there are connection points, those 2 red dots, where you can solder on light gauge wire. A friend of mine has a couple rolls that he used around his tattoo shop, uses old cell phone chargers to solder to the ends to plug them in and power them.
          They are more "mood lighting" than something used as a work light.
          Awesome, thanks. Yeah that is what I am looking for really. Just something for under the cabinet. I have one set that came on a 180 gallon aquarium I bought that the previous owner set up. But they weren't cut. Decently bright and the remote could do a bunch of different things.
          2005 HOA Natural Classic
          2006 OCB Midwest
          2008 HOA Natural Classic
          NPC Mid-Illinois
          NPC Midwest Open
          NPC Natural Grand Prix
          USPA Illinois State
          NGA Heart of America
          NGA Clash of the Titans

Comment

Working...
          X