Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Casein, Caseinate, and Pepto Pro!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Casein, Caseinate, and Pepto Pro!

Ok I looking to buy some protein from the greatest place in the world to get protein, True Nutrition! And I was looking to go with some thing different than what i normally buy for protein and was wondering on peoples thoughts of the Casein, Caseinate, and Pepto pro. The last time i bought protein i got a 45% concentrate and 55% Isolate. This go round i was thinking of going with a 40% casein of some kind, 25% soy, 25% isolate cold filtered, and 10% waxy maize. I know im goin to get alot of "just get the concentrate dude" but as i said i was looking to go with some proteins ive never tried before and see how my body reacts. So with that being said let me hear what you think on what should i try! Oh and if any one says Beef protein, there getting a beating! LOL... my body hates that stuff for some crazy reason.

I would say stay away from the calcium caseinate simply because it has a horrible taste and texture. I fork out the extra dough for micellar and it's much better.

Why don't you just get like 1# of a bunch of different kinds and sample them and mix them together to see what you like?
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

So the Cal. Caseinate is bout like the beef protein hmmmm..... ok. So have you tried the pepto pro? Is it like the cal. caseinate? And do you know if it is a fast or slow digestion rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        I would say stay away from the calcium caseinate simply because it has a horrible taste and texture. I fork out the extra dough for micellar and it's much better.

Why don't you just get like 1# of a bunch of different kinds and sample them and mix them together to see what you like?
        Sammy, I don't know how you can say that! Maybe in the pure form, but in a blend, it is pretty good. It makes a very thick shake, but tastes great blended with ice in the blender. I have just never had much trouble with the calcium caseinate. It does have a slight bitterness, but I kind of like it.

I just made a mix on 50% Calcium caseinate, 25% micellar casein and 25% WPI cold filtration to use as my night time drink. I'll post reviews on it once I get it.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by Indianpower View Post
          So the Cal. Caseinate is bout like the beef protein hmmmm..... ok. So have you tried the pepto pro? Is it like the cal. caseinate? And do you know if it is a fast or slow digestion rate?
          The pepto pro is a hydrolyzed Casein (pre-digested) protein. It is considered to be the fastest digesting protein out there. It contains di and tri-peptides that are absorbed without any digestive enzymes in the small intestine. Also important to note, is that the pepto pro is a very bitter/sour tasting product.

The calcium caseinate and micellar caseins are both slow digesting proteins. Both of these products will have a thick and gritty texture compared to whey. However, when mixed with other proteins such as whey, egg, etc, the gritty texture tends to go away.

A great option from true nutrition is the Team Skip Blend, which is an equal mix of WPI, egg white, and micellar casein. Pretty much everyone who tries it loves it!
          MWC900
          Please use my 5% off coupon code at truenutrition.com if you think my posts are informative/interesting/helpful etc
          MWC900

Comment

I prefer the Mega Mix myself.
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Not trying to high jack this thread but...Does anyone know the difference between Hydrolyzed Casein and Pepto-Pro on the TN website? Both descriptions seem to be the same but there is a big price difference.
              How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

Originally posted by p2geo View Post
                Not trying to high jack this thread but...Does anyone know the difference between Hydrolyzed Casein and Pepto-Pro on the TN website? Both descriptions seem to be the same but there is a big price difference.
                Yes, pepto-pro is patented hydrolyzed casein that contains about 80% di and tri peptides. Regular hydrolyzed casein has a much lower percentage of peptides. Due to the high percentage of peptides, pepto-pro is able to be absorbed and utilized much faster.
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                  Yes, pepto-pro is patented hydrolyzed casein that contains about 80% di and tri peptides. Regular hydrolyzed casein has a much lower percentage of peptides. Due to the high percentage of peptides, pepto-pro is able to be absorbed and utilized much faster.
                  ok so with that being said should i use the pepto pro for my casein percentage? or what are yer thoughts?

Comment

ok so with that being said should i use the pepto pro for my casein percentage? or what are yer thoughts?
                    If you want a ultra fast digesting protein, then you can consider including it but I would definately use a strong citrus flavor to mask the sourness. If you are looking for a slow digesting protein, then go with the micellar casein.
                    MWC900
                    Please use my 5% off coupon code at truenutrition.com if you think my posts are informative/interesting/helpful etc
                    MWC900

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                      Thank you Kris.
                      How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

Originally posted by drumfool6 View Post
                        If you want a ultra fast digesting protein, then you can consider including it but I would definately use a strong citrus flavor to mask the sourness. If you are looking for a slow digesting protein, then go with the micellar casein.
                        This was what I was going to say. Pepto-pro, although it is a casein protein, it is absorbed very quickly due to the di and tri peptides. The body can absorb and use di and tri peptides without them needing to be further broken down, like whole intact proteins. This is what makes pepto-pro an ideal protein for use intra and post-workout.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                          I prefer the Mega Mix myself.
                          Ummmm..... what is this Mega mix you speak of?

Comment

Ummmm..... what is this Mega mix you speak of?
                            It's one of the blends from TN
                            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I cant believe ive never seen that till you just said something about it, its kinda what i had in mind of making a mix of.

Comment

Working...
                              X