Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beards

What are your guys' opinions on beards?

Personally I think they are badass. But I don't think women like them too much, esp girls my age (I'm 20). I try and keep mine well groomed.

Right now I'm growing a beard that is longest at my chin, but gets shorter and shorter, slowly fading up the side of my face until it blends in with my sideburns.

Do you think certain races can pull of beards better than others? For instance it might not be the best style for someone who is middle eastern looking (not trying to be racist).

These are just a few talking points, feel free to discuss anything related to beards/facial hair, your experiences with them, which ones you think look cool, etc.

Thank
    You.

I used to display a goatee that easily surpassed over an inch long, which in hindsight was vile. I don't know what possessed me at that time. Coupled with my long facial shape and strong sharp jawline I am sure I looked like a prat. Somebody quite humorously said I looked like a prophet and my ex correctly scorned me for it.

For a date or a job interview I sometimes like to shave a few days before so I have stubble.
    I generally like being clean shaven in keeping with countenance of the fairer species and to appear prim.
    Last edited by Muscle Demon; 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I'm too old & stubborn to give a fuck. I have a goatee that's about 2" long (and growing), I only ever trim my facial hair with clippers, so the only part of me above the neck I ever shave is my head.

If you ask me, I'm pulling it off because I think I'm one handsome son of a bitch.
      You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

It works for him:
        Attached Files
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
          I'm too old & stubborn to give a fuck. I have a goatee that's about 2" long (and growing), I only ever trim my facial hair with clippers, so the only part of me above the neck I ever shave is my head.

If you ask me, I'm pulling it off because I think I'm one handsome son of a bitch.
          Someone's full of himself.

Op, I have a beard and like it.

Comment

Paging JohnCaesar to this thread
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
              Someone's full of himself.

Op, I have a beard and like it.
              Play your cards right, you can be full of me too.
              You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

:jaw::scared:
                Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                Play your cards right, you can be full of me too.

Comment

The mustache and beard come and go, but I will never shave my goatee.
                  2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I can't grow facial hair.... after a few days it looks like a rubbed my face in dirt, but that is about it. So I have to shave so I don't look like a hobo, but don't actually have real facial hair.
                    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                      I can't grow facial hair.... after a few days it looks like a rubbed my face in dirt, but that is about it. So I have to shave so I don't look like a hobo, but don't actually have real facial hair.
                      You ever given it more than a couple days?
                      I used to think I couldn't really grow facial hair (I'm blond, it's there but you can't see it until it gets loooong) but then I actually let it grow for a month and it was definitely there

Comment

I often shave 2 times a day. I have a beard, and a backup beard in case the first one is damaged in the morning.
                        "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                        Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                        'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                        ~William Bernbach

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                          It tends to fill out more as you get deeper into your 20s with a lot of guys
                          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                          kind of a douche

Comment

22 and middle-eastern here, beard has been full since 16-17, same thing with my little brother. There is no real rule with beards, and don't worry about what women think or want or think they want. Do whatever looks best on you because that's what matters. If a girl says "I don't like guys with beards", but you look good with one and you look like a child when shaved, I bet you you'll have a better chance with her with the scruff.

I haven't shaved my face in about 4 years but I trim it and keep it need with a buzzer and use a razor for "touch ups" if I'm feeling fancy. I keep my face scruffy but under control because very few girls like the "just came out of the forest" look.

Comment

You can attract the ladies with a beard if you follow these 2 rules:

1. Be attractive.

2. Don't be unattractive.

Kidding aside, I say rock what gives you confidence. If you're pretty self-conscious about your beard (and overall, your appearance) girls have sensitive radar to that shit and will notice. IMO.
                              Max Muscle
                              5020 Katella Ave.
                              Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                              www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X