Car was stolen last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car was stolen last night

I woke up at 5am like always to get ready for work, I go outside and it was gone. Police just left and said more than likely they used a shaved key to take it ( late 90's Honda Accord ) and will probably strip it for the parts they need and dump it. This is the first car I have had stolen and its a shit feeling.

I just realized that my gym bag was in the trunk so all my EliteFts bands, straps, chalk etc.. are now gone as well.

This sucks...

Late 90's Accord? The contents of the gym bag was probably worth more than the car.

Seriously though, I know what you are going through. You feel violated when this shit happens. Do you have full coverage insurance?
    2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

I do have full coverage I am just waiting for the claim to be processed so I can go get a rental car.

The shitty thing is I just spent almost a $1000 on tune up, new tires and some minor stuff too, that money is gone and that stings alot.

Comment

If you have homeowners or renters insurance, you may want to contact them as well depending on the value of the contents of the car.

I'm an auto adjuster and total loss adjuster w/ the 2nd largest insurance company in the US. If you need any help or advice , shoot me a PM.

Comment

That's awful, man. The feeling of violation was the worst for me last time my car was broken into.

-S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Accords and Camry are 2 of the biggest cars, thieves rip off. They can strip them for parts, or send them to other countries.

Comment

Sucks bro, I feel for you. I was down because I got a flat tire yesterday and had to get the whole tire replaced cause they couldn't fix it. Now I don't feel so bad, thanks!
              If it's not hard it's not worth doing...
              http://www.facebook.com/HyperforceStrength <--- Follow Hyperforce on Facebook

2004 National Capital Classic - 2nd Middleweight
              2001 Ottawa Championships - 4th Middleweight
              2000 Ottawa Championships - 12th Middleweight

Comment

@jcross if I have any questions I will shot you a pm, thank you for even offering to do that I really do appreciate that.

@Homon yes I feel completely violated, its a shity feeling to say the least.

Comment

Reason's why I have camera's mounted....4 total. The kit is $800 at Costco
                  take a few hours to install... I'd suggest it
                  Discount code BDM999
                  By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

Originally posted by View 1 View Post
                    @jcross if I have any questions I will shot you a pm, thank you for even offering to do that I really do appreciate that.

@Homon yes I feel completely violated, its a shity feeling to say the least.
                    After my car was broken into, they caught a couple of the thieves, who were part of a ring, but not all of them. Because I was a "victim," I received letters from the city court for years about how they had not shown up for various hearings, etc. (I didn't read them too carefully...) Eventually, though, they were imprisoned...

One thing that helped me was to realize that they are worse off than me as a victim of the theft, likely in various ways, if they need to be stealing cars. This may not work for you now, but eventually I felt pretty sad for these kids who were now on the run from the law, for years, for stealing cars. What a shitty way to live... (How shitty must their lives have been to have ended up doing that sort of thing?...)

-S
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by Jerzey View Post
                      Reason's why I have camera's mounted....4 total. The kit is $800 at Costco
                      take a few hours to install... I'd suggest it
                      Installed on the side mirrors, right?

I saw a video of some guy who got his Hummer keyed up regularly. Had these installed. Turns out it was a 70 year old man "making a statement" against gas guzzlers.

Fuckin' people, man.
                      Max Muscle
                      5020 Katella Ave.
                      Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                      www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                        Installed on the side mirrors, right?

I saw a video of some guy who got his Hummer keyed up regularly. Had these installed. Turns out it was a 70 year old man "making a statement" against gas guzzlers.

Fuckin' people, man.
                        No on the house, I can see every area coming up to and on the property
                        Discount code BDM999
                        By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
                          After my car was broken into, they caught a couple of the thieves, who were part of a ring, but not all of them. Because I was a "victim," I received letters from the city court for years about how they had not shown up for various hearings, etc. (I didn't read them too carefully...) Eventually, though, they were imprisoned...

One thing that helped me was to realize that they are worse off than me as a victim of the theft, likely in various ways, if they need to be stealing cars. This may not work for you now, but eventually I felt pretty sad for these kids who were now on the run from the law, for years, for stealing cars. What a shitty way to live... (How shitty must their lives have been to have ended up doing that sort of thing?...)

-S
                          I will never know about the day they are caught and imprisoned ( or worse ) but I know there day will come. I do not feel sorry for them, not even for a second as they made a choice when they steal someones car, they could chose to work like the rest of us but they chose to steal instead. Its a faceless crime for them, they will never see there victims or know how it effects them and their families, the hardships and financial difficulties it will bring.

Truth be told I will be just fine in the long run, my car is gone there is nothing I can do about it at this point, I have a good job, I have great friends and everyone close to me is helping me out.

Side note: DO NOT leave your gym bag in your car, I have no more bands, no chalk, no lifting straps, no more elbow sleeves, no head phones etc..

Comment

The ironic thing is, that Gyms are prime spots for thieves to case and break into cars. Just saw a couple of cars on the news that got broken into when they went into the gym.

Sorry about your gym bag troubles OP

Comment

90's Accords are the majority of what gets stolen. They can easily shave down a similar key that will work in the ignition. IMO they will find your car ....not stripped. Stuff will be gone, but it will be in one piece. Hopefully they will find someone driving it, but that is unlikely.
                              Family Guy but also; Old School SoCal, punk rock loving, powerlifting, hardcore gym rat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLQ73EutoY

Comment

Working...
                              X