Unemployement hits Family members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployement hits Family members

Background: I am a US Marine veteran and put myself with help of the PRE 9/11 GI Bill through college with three degrees (1 x BA, 1 x BS, and 1x MS) and I'm currently working on my Doctorate. I've been gainfully employeed since before the recession with a Fortune 100 company. I am the oldest son and the fourth oldest of 5 children.

Why did I give you background? Because my three older sisters only 1 of whom has graduated with a BS in Broadcast Management are all struggling right now. My younger brother, has a job in IT within the medical industry. The other two sisters one is a realtor (who literally has 4 mortgages) and the other is a wine barista. The reason I'm posting is because my sister is in the process of getting her home forclosed on, her heat has been turned off, and she's been on umeployment for 22 weeks now. Anywho, I offered to use my connections to get her "any" job I could. I even offered to have my HR department and myself revamp her resume so that she could be more appealing (her resume was cut and paste from a word template). She boldly and arrogantly told me that she can't take "any" job and that would be career sucide. Now I don't know much about Broadcast media, but to me, if you have a ANY job in one hand and demotion but no job in the other and that's all you can get, you take the the job because it's money. She told me it was below her.

Am I the only one who thinks this is completely CRAZY? I mean seriously if you're sleeping in your foreclosed house by the oven to keep warm don't you give up the right to be picky about what job you have???

Thanks guys and gals,
    JT
    Respectfully Submitted,
    JT

Proud to be a DH Disciple
    http://www.dustyhanshaw.com

www.jamestucci.blogspot.com

Originally posted by James Tucci View Post

Am I the only one who thinks this is completely CRAZY? I mean seriously if you're sleeping in your foreclosed house by the oven to keep warm don't you give up the right to be picky about what job you have???

JT
    That pretty much sums it up right there!!!
    Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
    2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
    2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

Comment

FUCK

Wrong thread

Sorry
      Last edited by 0001Delta; 01-08-2013, 11:17 AM.
      "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by James Tucci View Post
        Background: I am a US Marine veteran and put myself with help of the PRE 9/11 GI Bill through college with three degrees (1 x BA, 1 x BS, and 1x MS) and I'm currently working on my Doctorate. I've been gainfully employeed since before the recession with a Fortune 100 company. I am the oldest son and the fourth oldest of 5 children.

Why did I give you background? Because my three older sisters only 1 of whom has graduated with a BS in Broadcast Management are all struggling right now. My younger brother, has a job in IT within the medical industry. The other two sisters one is a realtor (who literally has 4 mortgages) and the other is a wine barista. The reason I'm posting is because my sister is in the process of getting her home forclosed on, her heat has been turned off, and she's been on umeployment for 22 weeks now. Anywho, I offered to use my connections to get her "any" job I could. I even offered to have my HR department and myself revamp her resume so that she could be more appealing (her resume was cut and paste from a word template). She boldly and arrogantly told me that she can't take "any" job and that would be career sucide. Now I don't know much about Broadcast media, but to me, if you have a ANY job in one hand and demotion but no job in the other and that's all you can get, you take the the job because it's money. She told me it was below her.

Thanks guys and gals,
        JT
        Some of today's youth have been brainwashed to think that they're "above" a certain line of work. They think they're special. It's too easy to collect a paycheck from the goverment. Welcome to our lovely new nation.

Comment

Originally posted by 5spotbullseye View Post
          Some of today's youth have been brainwashed to think that they're "above" a certain line of work. They think they're special. It's too easy to collect a paycheck from the goverment. Welcome to our lovely new nation.
          Unfortunately, you are right. I see it everyday with our younger generation at my cosmetology school. I have overheard them talking about "how they got more money on their bridge card (Michigan's assistance program gets put on this card and they can buy ANY food item they want other than booze or cigarettes) if they tell them this or fill out this paper." Also have heard them talking about having more kids on purpose for the sheer purpose of getting more aid!!! WTF?! Someday, when I am ready to have kids, I want them to LOVE and ADD ENJOYMENT to my life, not to get a few hundred bucks more in f***ing foodstamps!!

Speaking of bridge card, one of my friends posted a picture of a lady at checking out at wal-mart. The caption read "Why yes, she is texting on her brand new Iphone, and yes that is over 20 two-liters of pop and other junk food totaling $121 in which......SHE PAID FOR WITH HER BRIDGE CARD!"

He had 300 comments to that picture within 3 hours and had to delete is as it caused so much fighting. He got 10 e-mails the next day saying how he is going to burn in hell for being so mean! LOL :fencing:
          Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

Comment

Man this hits home, when I was laid off the Sheriff's Office I took three jobs all at minimum wage while finishing my degree. No job was above helping provide for my family.
            For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

I read the OPs post but none of the responses because I honestly am tired of these discussions. That is in no way meant to be shitty to the OP because I understand completely why he posted it. I just say that this is happening all of the time, lately, and I tire of discussing it.

Here is my answer: Just leave her be and we will see if she is above living in a hotel or above not having anywhere to live. It's her business and things will either work out for her or she will finally decide that she isn't above ANYTHING.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Feel at times like I am the poster boy for the recession. At my best, my company employed over 80 people and I easily made a 6 figure salary each year, for quite a few years. When the housing market died, it destroyed the new homes market and essentially has destroyed my business, my livelihood, and any security I had. I am making less than half of what I made 3 years ago now, and that's with my wife working.....AND I'm working for someone else. If I thought about things being "beneath" me, my kids would be going hungry right now......I don't see how anyone can be like that in this era.....
                STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

sounds like shes in denial about her situation....
                  '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
                  17 AAU Super Total
                  '16-AAU Hi
                  '15-USPA Metro
                  '15-USPA State
                  '15-AAU HI
                  '14-AAU HI
                  '14-USPA Metro
                  '14-WABDL Sonny's
                  '14-USPA State
                  '14-HI Strongman
                  '13-USPA
                  '13-WABDL Sonny's
                  '13-USPA State
                  '13-AAU HI
                  '11-USPA Metro
                  '10-NPC Stingrey
                  '09-NPC Islands
                  '09-NPC Stingrey
                  '09-ABA Islands
                  '02-ABA Islands
                  '02-ABA IronWorks
                  '01-NPC Paradise Cup
                  '01-ABA Olympia
                  '01-ABA Islands
                  '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
                  '00-INBF Musclefest
                  '98-NGA Ill
                  '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    I read the OPs post but none of the responses because I honestly am tired of these discussions. That is in no way meant to be shitty to the OP because I understand completely why he posted it. I just say that this is happening all of the time, lately, and I tire of discussing it.

Here is my answer: Just leave her be and we will see if she is above living in a hotel or above not having anywhere to live. It's her business and things will either work out for her or she will finally decide that she isn't above ANYTHING.

Skip
                    I do tend to get into too many discussions with my friends (whom all share similar points of view) about this topic. I am going to try not to dwell on it and only focus on things under my control. That's all we really can do anyhow.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

Comment

She is really having problems with her reality.
                      I would just leave her, it seems she cant be helped although she is my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

Skip
                        Yup. Stop trying to protect people from their own stupidity.
                        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                        kind of a douche

Comment

Thanks Gent! I submitted her resume (that I revamped) for two jobs put in a good word and called it a day. She called me and said thanks and then told me that I didn't know what I was doing. So Skip you're right. I'm done.

The only caveat is that she can't at 41 y/o be begging my parents to support her. That's where I will step in again. Thanks again guys!
                          Respectfully Submitted,
                          JT

Proud to be a DH Disciple
                          http://www.dustyhanshaw.com

www.jamestucci.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
                            sounds like shes in denial about her situation....
                            Isn't that called being female? Lol
                            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Working...
                            X