Why I love Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I love Facebook

I actually can't stand facebook. I understand that when used by grandparents it can be great to get photo's of grand children who live far away. It can be used to benefit some other things but to me Facebook is like Uranium.

It can be used for good but has evil implications and never goes away.

The following is why it can be entertaining:

A new person was hired at my workplace, they have not started yet, they came in a week prio to starting to have a look around and introduce themselves and then........ went home and wrote a facebook review of how they didn't like certain things.

A "Friend" posted it back to the workplace, the section manager involved is now furious and forwarded it to the boss. The boss got fired up and on-sent it to Snr Management. Snr Management have since formally reprimanded the new person.

Most people at the workplace like the section manager and boss and even the Snr Manager so already now have a low opinion of the new person and they haven't even started yet.

Anyone else have similar?
    "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
    Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
    'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
    ~William Bernbach

Facebook is the single worst thing to happen to young people in years. The amount of time people I know chuck down the drain on that site.
    Before someone points out im wasting time on the internet, i dont have a problem with browsing sites but somethings wrong when you sit there refreshing the homepage or obsessing over photos of people you barely know. Every few minutes my housemates are checking it, whether its on their phone or pc.

I have it but only because its the only way of contacting some people I know due to their amazing ability to lose or destroy their phone pretty much on a weekly basis.

Comment

The single worst thing to happen to young people in years? Lol. Exaggerate much?

I find it cool and fun. Yeah I go on it a lot. And I talk to a lot of friends I otherwise wouldn't be able to. Don't like it? Think it's a waste? Don't use it. And if you do use it, don't be stupid. Facebook isn't the problem with the person the OP mentioned. The person is. Who gets a new job and bashes it period? Especially in a public venue.

People always have been and always will be stupid. Facebook just gives people the ability to be stupid instantly, in public and on the record. That said lots of people have learned there lesson with that kind of stuff. I did and hopefully the guy OP is referring to does as well.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

yer i was exagerating. just cant understand the appeal of it and am amazed at how obsessed most people my age are with it.

Comment

About a year ago, our receptionist went on FB and posted something like:

"boss doesn't know I'm getting paid to FB all day, What and idiot".

She had only been there about 3 weeks. She must have forgot that she "friended" a coworker. Needless to say she was gone the next day.

Adam is 100% correct. It's not FB. It's that people are stupid. I'll go one step further and say it's YOUNG people that act stupid on FB. None of us "older" guys would risk our career that feeds our family, to post something that may get us in hot water with the boss. I'm willing to bet the farm that the guy the OP is talking about is no older than 25 years old.
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Adam2433 is right. For those who happen to be as ignorant as the guy in the OP's story, FB can certainly be a trap. Have you ever heard the quote, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt?" Well some people just don't know when to keep things to themselves. It's easy to sit alone in a room in front of a screen and rant... but in doing that some tend to forget or underestimate the gravity of their words and the audience it could potentially reach. I'm sure a LOT of people have had to learn that the hard way.

On the flip side, FB is an amazing way to reconnect, keep in touch, and in my case, advertise my work. As a photographer, all I've got to do is post images and tag clients in them. It costs me nothing and it always drives traffic to my site. I don't have a business page, just a personal page that I keep very "neutral." I NEVER put rants or opinions on controversial topics on FB. It's just not my style and it doesn't serve the purpose of introducing people to my work. I do, however, post stories about my kid's antics just for fun!

Comment

Facebook...allowing me to connect to people I knew in high school and college, then remembering why I didn't stay in touch with them.

Also good for lying about how perfect your life is.

I enjoy it for following people like the EliteFTS crew of lifters, Shelby Starnes, etc. and seeing what their training and stuff is like. It makes them more accessible, which I think is cool. I'm no starfucker, but it's awesome when guys like Dave Tate, Wendler or Brian Carroll respond directly to you about a question.

Also good for posting pics of food and talking shit to Skip, Scott, etc.
              You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

I like it because it makes me feel so good about myself... when I see how much I really don't like everyone else.
                Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                www.316fit.com
                Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                  I like it because it makes me feel so good about myself... when I see how much I really don't like everyone else.
                  It gave me today's history lesson, ain't that right Fade? lol
                  Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                  2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                  2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                    It gave me today's history lesson, ain't that right Fade? lol
                    Learnin' on facebook!
                    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                    www.316fit.com
                    Email: [email protected]

Comment

That was a great history lesson!
                      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

The fools and the wise use FB in different ways. I may post something every few days on my FB depending upon what I see. I have a couple of closed groups I post in which have a little link to linkedin.com. Otherwise I have some family and a few friends on my FB. At times it gets tedious with some of the post seeming very juvenile.

I think it is bad for teenagers who are still trying to find their own identity for it is a new way of bullying without throwing a punch. Mental anguish is what it can result in.

Comment

Originally posted by RageBlanket View Post
                          Facebook...allowing me to connect to people I knew in high school and college, then remembering why I didn't stay in touch with them.

Also good for lying about how perfect your life is.

I enjoy it for following people like the EliteFTS crew of lifters, Shelby Starnes, etc. and seeing what their training and stuff is like. It makes them more accessible, which I think is cool. I'm no starfucker, but it's awesome when guys like Dave Tate, Wendler or Brian Carroll respond directly to you about a question.

Also good for posting pics of food and talking shit to Skip, Scott, etc.
                          ^^^^^^Friends recruits on FB

Comment

Originally posted by -AJA14- View Post
                            ^^^^^^Friends recruits on FB
                            Then spam the SHIT out of them until they commit.

Upon decommit, blast them with posts about how we didn't want them anyway. ,
                            You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

What is wrong with facebook is the same as what is wrong with this original post. lol

I won't apologize or justify my use of Facebook other than to say I enjoy it. I work from home and it is my "water cooler" talk time. There are losers everywhere and there are awesome people, as well. It just depends on who you associate with - just like anything else in this world.

I do tire of the "perfect FB life" crap, though. I wouldn't air my dirty laundry on FB if things weren't good but I wouldn't pretend they are, either. However, I don't believe that EVERYONE in the world is fake - just most people.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                              Instagram: @intensemuscle
                              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                              X