Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifted Truck Question

I have pretty much finished my truck ... or so I thought. lol

I think the last thing I am going to do to it is I want top notch gas shocks but there seem to be so many to choose from I don't know what would look best.

I have about a 4.5 lift (and won't be going bigger) on 35/20/12.5s. It's an F250.

I am told Fox shocks but I want them more for looks than I do the ride. I want them beefy and I want them to be noticed/seen. Was considering ICON, as well.

I was considering the shocks with the coils but they are about 2k just for the front and I can't seem to find them for a 250 so I am just not sure what I am supposed to put on it. Can I just put like 2 shocks per front tire? Or can you only put one?

I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but I want them to look good and not be cheap, either.

Clearly, I have no clue. lol

Anyone?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Typically, if the rig didn't come with more than 1 shock per corner, you'll need an aftermarket setup to modify the existing mounts to accept multiple shocks.

The shocks with the coils (coilovers) are their own shock & suspension. Where your 250 has leaves at all 4 corners, the coil portion is not needed unless removing the leaves and re-configuring the suspension...hence the insane price.

If you are able to find an aftermarket kit to add multiple shocks, you'll need different shocks with lighter valving, lest your truck ride like a freakin lumber wagon.

My suggestion-look into Bilstein 5100 or 7100 series shocks. In addition to being what many (including myself) consider top of the line, they make some with a chrome exterior and extra shock body reservoir that look pretty sick.
    You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

7100's

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354883441.053470.jpg

Comment

I was going to say Bilstein as well....very popular here with off road enthusiasts AND guys just wanting their truck to look bad ass.....I don't think you'd go wrong with them at all.....
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Skip go to an Oreilly's look at kyb shocks they have to be special ordered but good shock decent price and they have them for lifted trucks. I work for them so i know they have them.

Comment

How do kyp and billstein rank with Fox or Icon?

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Fox/Icon-Maserati
              Bilstein-Cadillac
              KYB-Chevy/Ford

I've had the gamut, and unless you're doing severe duty off roading or desert racing, the Fox and Icons are simply too cost prohibitive for most. I've had Billies on 5 or 6 rigs, and I love em. JMHO.

Comment

That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Where do ProComp rate? With Billstein?

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Where do ProComp rate? With Billstein?

Skip
                  I have the Bilstein 5100's on my Chevy and love them. I have had the midline procomps (i think they were the 5000 series) on an f150 and a bronco and was not impressed. The nice resovior ones may be much better though
                  6/22/13 - 2013 NPC VICTORY CLASSIC
                  1st - Novice Men's Lightheavy & Novice overall

Comment

ProComp MX-6 (adjustables) are pretty good, but I'm not a fan of either their nitrogen or hydraulic offerings, personally.

I'd put ProComp along with KYB, Rancho, etc.

Comment

I just spoke to ATS and they are going to send out my coils to be powder coated Amarillo yellow at the same time they put Fox Shocks all the way around next week.

Seriously, I have wood. Just sayin.

Thanks for the feedback.

Skip

Sent from Skip's Galaxy Note

Comment

Well I would do Fox, King or Bilstein. Coincidentally I am wearing my King racing shirt today. On my superduty I have Fox in the front and Bilstein in rear. Double hoop in front isn't hard to do.

If you want to get really trick get the Fabtech kit and convert to coilover.

San Diego is like racing headquarters and all shocks are made local. I took my Fox's to them and had them rebuilt and they are great. King also has great customer service last time I was there. Remember these aren't throw away shocks and will need rebuilding at some point.

Let me know what you want and I will get you some pricing.

Here is a pic of some Kings I used on my buggy I built.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                          I just spoke to ATS and they are going to send out my coils to be powder coated Amarillo yellow at the same time they put Fox Shocks all the way around next week.

Seriously, I have wood. Just sayin.

Thanks for the feedback.

Skip

thought you had leafs?

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyJohnson View Post
                            Well I would do Fox, King or Bilstein. Coincidentally I am wearing my King racing shirt today. On my superduty I have Fox in the front and Bilstein in rear. Double hoop in front isn't hard to do.

If you want to get really trick get the Fabtech kit and convert to coilover.

San Diego is like racing headquarters and all shocks are made local. I took my Fox's to them and had them rebuilt and they are great. King also has great customer service last time I was there. Remember these aren't throw away shocks and will need rebuilding at some point.

Let me know what you want and I will get you some pricing.

Here is a pic of some Kings I used on my buggy I built.
                            Good call, forgot about King.

Sick buggy, too!

Finally-yeah doesn't your 250 have leaves in the front?

Comment

I do have leafs. I am talking about the shocks near the rear axle underneath. I want them to match, right? Or do I not need those. I was going to match my stabilizer shocks on the front end, too. No?

I love coilovers but they are ridiculously expensive. I think Fox was like 1200 each. Hell no.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X