my 4 month blast results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 4 month blast results

Hey, after viewing many threads an asking many questions I went into full DC mode late july

Exercises I used were the same, I didnt really start rotating routine until 3 weeks ago becausevmy strength gains and size have been so great I decided to stick to what works

On monday, friday
    Smith incline bench
    Start 275 x8/current 325×8 (straight sets)

Smith military press (rest pause)
    Start:150 ×16/ current 225x 14

Dumbell laterial raise (rest pause)
    Start: 40x20/ current 60x 17 and still going up

Smith underhand close grip bench (rest pause)

Start:185x16/ current 305x16

On thursdays

Rack deadlifts (SS)
    Start:275x8 / current 405x 8

T-bars rows (SS)
    270x8/current 315x7 still going up

Rotate with 1.5 rep t-bar rows 270×8- 1.5 reps

Drag curls (rp)
    Start:60x18/ finished 120x16

Hammer strenght preacher curls (SS)
    Start:80×20 +30 sec static holds
    Current: 110x15 + 15 sec static holds

Alternate DC style dumbell curls rest pause
    Start:35x18/ current 50x 14

Saterday legs had their own day

Heel leg press (RP)
    Start: 2 45 lb plates x 16/ current 8-45 pounds plates x16

Smith hack squats (SS)
    Start:225×8/ current 315x7

My starting weight was 210/ current 230 at 14% bf

Will try to get vids up soon

Biggest improvement I feel I have made was delts and triceps, legs have come I up but still a long way to go

Switching to DC was the best and most important move I have made
    Last edited by Ultraflexed; 11-29-2012, 03:18 AM.

Those are some nice improvements. Congrats.

Not to knock you, but are they only exercises you used in your blast? If so, that layout wouldn't jive too well with what Dc really is...

So you weekly layout looked like this?

Monday: Chest - Shoulders -Tris
    Thursday: Back thickness - Biceps (I don't see any forearm exercises or back width...)
    Friday: Chest - Shoulders -Tris
    Saturday: Legs (I don't see calves)

Maybe you are just showing your progression ona few exercises, but if that is the layout you used, it is not DC. Sorry to say...
    Last edited by mentalflex; 11-29-2012, 12:53 PM.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      Those are some nice improvements. Congrats.

Not to knock you, but are they only exercises you used in your blast? If so, that layout wouldn't jive too well with what Dc really is...

So you weekly layout looked like this?

Monday: Chest - Shoulders -Tris
      Thursday: Back thickness - Biceps (I don't see any forearm exercises or back width...)
      Friday: Chest - Shoulders -Tris
      Saturday: Legs (I don't see calves)

Maybe you are just showing your progression ona few exercises, but if that is the layout you used, it is not DC. Sorry to say...

The layout is pretty much what I used but there were some excerises I switched
      Like i started with dumbell shoulder presses, then when I maxed out switched to military presses, bicep exercises switched also from preacher curls to drag curls to alternate curl.
      My forarm excerise was the reverse cable wrist curls with 6 second negatives
      That DC had for cedric, it worked very well for me also. For back wideness I used weighted pull ups, I tried the rack pull up but never felt comfortable. Calves rotated from seated to standing under the smith machine.

As for the the close grip underhand bench, that never changed my gains in strength an tricep mass were too great to where it didnt make any sense to change it, I just stuck to what worked best for me for deadlifts I rotate smith machine with rack deadlifts using free motion

Note, before DC I never done military presses, or free weight rack deadlifts normally i used the smith machine, next week im going switch to free weight military presses without smith machine

But the biggest improvements on exercises were stated in my firsr post
      My goals were to bring up my triceps, delts an back thickness and upper chest
      Last edited by Ultraflexed; 11-29-2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultraflexed View Post

The layout is pretty much what I used but there were some excerises I switched
        Ok... So you did not have the proper layout in terms of A, B and C training sessions and did not have enough variety of exercises (e.g. 3 different A, B and C days).

With that in mind, you really didn't do DC training....

On 6/8/2012 you stated that you were doing the Two way exactly as it was laid out...Ami I worng? http://www.intensemuscle.com/showpos...&postcount=158

Can you give some of your physical stats?

Seriously, how much time did you spend reading the stickies and trying to understand DC? Why did you jump into a mock-up of a 3-way split? How did you even come up with the weekly training schedule? I mean, you have your A day twice before you even have a C day. I am just scratching my head here.

I would suggest going back through the stickies THOROUGHLY as it is ALL outlined.
        Last edited by mentalflex; 11-29-2012, 02:46 PM.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I have a hard time believing some of those progressions in just a 4 month period. Were you coming back from an injury? Were you not going full intensity when you started? Any other factors at play here?

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
          2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
          2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
          2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
          2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by moco View Post
            I have a hard time believing some of those progressions in just a 4 month period. Were you coming back from an injury? Were you not going full intensity when you started? Any other factors at play here?
            On the internet, ANYTHING is possible lol

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

On the internet, ANYTHING is possible lol

No need to lie, I dont find my number too impressive, I could have gotten alot stronger but I had some set backs With working an wife being pregnant. But if its that unbelievable ill record whatever lift you like and post it via youtube

Comment

No need to lie, I dont find my number too impressive, I could have gotten alot stronger but I had some set backs With working an wife being pregnant. But if its that unbelievable ill record whatever lift you like and post it via youtube
                Well you lied about doing a strict 2-way split....

Are you going to answer my other questions?

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Not doubting your current strength, just the progression in just a 4 month period.

275 to 405 on rack deads
                  150 to 225 on smith shoulder press
                  185 to 305 on CG bench
                  60 to 120 on drag curls
                  2 plates to 8 plates on leg press

Those are huge differences - looks like you're either coming back from a lay off or an injury and have some "muscle memory" going on.

2017 NPC National Championships Classic Physique, Class D - 4th Place
                  2017 NPC New England Championships Classic Physique, Class C - 1st Place
                  2017 NPC East Coast Cup Classic Physique, Tall Class - 1st Place & Overall
                  2015 Arnold Amateur Men's Classic Bodybuilding, Tall Class - 4th Place
                  2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Place Novice Heavyweight, 2nd Place Open Light-Heavyweight

Comment

Ok... So you did not have the proper layout in terms of A, B and C training sessions and did not have enough variety of exercises (e.g. 3 different A, B and C days).

With that in mind, you really didn't do DC training....

On 6/8/2012 you stated that you were doing the Two way exactly as it was laid out...Ami I worng? http://www.intensemuscle.com/showpos...&postcount=158

Can you give some of your physical stats?

Seriously, how much time did you spend reading the stickies and trying to understand DC? Why did you jump into a mock-up of a 3-way split? How did you even come up with the weekly training schedule? I mean, you have your A day twice before you even have a C day. I am just scratching my head here.

Whq

I would suggest going back through the stickies THOROUGHLY as it is ALL outlined.
                    The difference is, I chose to give legs their own day which was every saterday due to my schedule for working and time of day that I train
                    What you posted was in june at that time my schedule was more open
                    My 4 month blast went from august to now,
                    Which in turn switched to the 2 way with the exception leg day

So it looked like this

Mon night: chest/shoulders/triceps

Thursday mourning 6:30 am: biceps/back
                    Friday mourning 6:30 am: chest/shoulders/tricep
                    Saterday afternoon: legs day

The next week biceps an back would be done on monday friday

Due family stuff going on and my wifes schedule and school sometimes my opertunities to train were less then that!!
                    But i did what I could, she goes off work mid december for 4 months
                    So ill hopefully have a normal scedule then ill get really strong even while dieting

My stats
                    im black
                    5'10.5
                    230 @ 14.72% bf ( bf was tested using the under water scale which is most accurate )
                    Arms are about 19 right now
                    My waist offseason right now is about 37-38, contest time its 29-28

Comment

Not doubting your current strength, just the progression in just a 4 month period.

275 to 405 on rack deads
                      185 to 305 on CG bench
                      60 to 120 on drag curls

Those are huge differences - looks like you're either coming back from a lay off or an injury and have some "muscle memory" going on.
                      Because of the 3-4 second negatives I started using weight about 15 pounds lighter then normal so I could do the exercises correctly, I left my ego at the door, but in reality I could curl way more then 60lbs on the e-z bar at fast to normal tempo, but doing the threevs3condbnegatives forced to start off at lower weights then i would normallly use but maybe just 10-15 pound lifts.
                      But I will say my hack squats really did go up that much I could only do 225 peroid but maybe I was just weak when it comes to hack squats.

Comment

The difference is, I chose to give legs their own day which was every saterday due to my schedule for working and time of day that I train
                        What you posted was in june at that time my schedule was more open
                        My 4 month blast went from august to now,
                        Which in turn switched to the 2 way with the exception leg day

So it looked like this

Mon night: chest/shoulders/triceps

Thursday mourning 6:30 am: biceps/back
                        Friday mourning 6:30 am: chest/shoulders/tricep
                        Saterday afternoon: legs day

The next week biceps an back would be done on monday friday

Due family stuff going on and my wifes schedule and school sometimes my opertunities to train were less then that!!
                        But i did what I could, she goes off work mid december for 4 months
                        So ill hopefully have a normal scedule then ill get really strong even while dieting

My stats
                        im black
                        5'10.5
                        230 @ 14.72% bf ( bf was tested using the under water scale which is most accurate )
                        Arms are about 19 right now
                        My waist offseason right now is about 37-38, contest time its 29-28
                        Needless to say, my point still stands. You did not do DC. You did not use the correct DC frequency for each body part, you did not have a sufficient number of exercises for each body part and it doesn't look like you followed some rep schemes.

Would you call a BMW an Aston Martin? No. They are different. What you did is your own creation inspired by Dante.

That is all. I'm done

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Nice gains. I'm currently in my first blast and am noticing huge strength gains on paper, however, I feel like a lot of it is because training with volume in the past I never pushed nearly as hard as I do on the RP sets. On alot of exercises, when I thought I would fail at 10 or 12 reps I actually ended up with more- thus exceeding the targeted rep range and had to drastically increase the weight the next time that workout came up.

Also it seems like mentally I am able to push harder the more hard workouts I do, sort of training the brain.

Just my .02.

Comment

275 to 405 on rack deads
                            185 to 305 on CG bench
                            60 to 120 on drag curls

I guess the way i trained before wasnt Getting it done, I was trainning high reps and moderate weights before plus some exercises were completely new like military press usually just dumbells presses, also free weight rack deadlifts

Comment

Originally posted by bgreen View Post
                              Nice gains. I'm currently in my first blast and am noticing huge strength gains on paper, however, I feel like a lot of it is because training with volume in the past I never pushed nearly as hard as I do on the RP sets. On alot of exercises, when I thought I would fail at 10 or 12 reps I actually ended up with more- thus exceeding the targeted rep range and had to drastically increase the weight the next time that workout came up.

Also it seems like mentally I am able to push harder the more hard workouts I do, sort of training the brain.

Just my .02.

Yes, I completely agree could not have said it better myself, on RP sets somtetimes I could push past limits with reps

Comment

Working...
                              X