Black Friday Shoppers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday Shoppers...

Not sure if any of you are "Black Friday" shoppers, but something about the hype and experience annoys me. I have never partaken in Black Friday, nor do I intend to. Yesterday, Thanksgiving, there were people lined up outside of businesses at 4pm, parking lots packed, people fighting in lines, etc.....

I always think of Thanksgiving as a time to give and be around family and be, not waiting in line to fullfill our greed and materialistic needs. Maybe it is because I was workiNg yesterday and wanted to be home with my family and was resentful of those who had the day off, but chose to go wait in lines.
    It seems to start earlier and earlier every year.

Any of you get up early or go out late last night to get some good deals....lol?
    2005 HOA Natural Classic
    2006 OCB Midwest
    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
    2008 HOA Natural Classic
    NPC Mid-Illinois
    NPC Midwest Open
    NPC Natural Grand Prix
    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
    USPA Illinois State
    NGA Heart of America
    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Hell no. I went shopping on Tuesday. The store was dead and I was able to get in, try things on, and GTFO in 30 minutes.
    #docswholift
    PGY-1 FM
    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Definitely not. My time is not worth the monetary savings. I'll enjoy myself, avoid the nonsense of it all and just pay a little more.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
        Definitely not. My time is not worth the monetary savings. I'll enjoy myself, avoid the nonsense of it all and just pay a little more.
        Well put! The time spent with my family was way better than standing in line. Besides... most all those deals were online as well!
        Want THE Magic Pill??!! Yea so do I!! Find the next best thing at trueprotein.com. For all your protein and supplement needs.

Use RYNO100 for 5% off

2010 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
        2009 Grand Traverse Bodybuilding Championships: 4th, Tall
        2007 Northern Michigan Natural Championships: 5th, Light-heavy

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
          Exactly this.^^

People forget what Thanksgiving is all about. Future generations will only know it as the beginning of holiday shopping. Sad
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

My wife went last night at 9pm.. Got home around 1:30 and have the christmas shopping done completely for the kids...

Even got some sweet Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fleece pants.

Suck it.
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

I am with Nexa, I did a lot of our shopping in the last month to get most all of it out of the way. I would rather pay a bit more and not have to deal with douches (minus Fade's wife), guns going off, people bitching and fighting over a video game like ghetto cretins, etc..

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

I am super impatient when I shop. My wife hates when I go to the store with her, it is like I am on supermarket sweep, flying through the store...And being around the large annoying crowds on black friday would have made me suck on my pistol. My brother got some pretty sweet deals though...lol.

I think next year I am going to set up a food cart and go to the different box stores and try and make a little money.
                2005 HOA Natural Classic
                2006 OCB Midwest
                2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                2008 HOA Natural Classic
                NPC Mid-Illinois
                NPC Midwest Open
                NPC Natural Grand Prix
                2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                USPA Illinois State
                NGA Heart of America
                NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Never..

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    I am with Nexa, I did a lot of our shopping in the last month to get most all of it out of the way. I would rather pay a bit more and not have to deal with douches (minus Fade's wife), guns going off, people bitching and fighting over a video game like ghetto cretins, etc..

Skip
                    Poor people gotta stick together yo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
                    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                    www.316fit.com
                    Email: [email protected]

Comment

When I go shopping, within an hour I start getting agitated. Another 30 minutes hunger sets in and I'm almost impossible to deal with. And on Black Friday I'm gonna be tired in addition to hungry and impatient? No chance in hell......

I'm sure I'm not the only guy on this board that isn't capable of shopping for any more than 1-1.5 hours at a time. Lucky for me, there's a Nordstrom Rack in the same shopping center my gym's in so I pop in a few times a week for some short shopping shifts.
                      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

I went this year to game stop to pick up a few things and a new xbox 360 for the kid, and one for me. I was lucky enough to get in line 1st, and 2nd was one of the local body builder guys, so it was nice not being the only person in line eating chicken and broccoli with rice. We were only in line for about 1.5 hours, in and out of the store in 15 minutes, it wasn't a bad experience altogether with just the one stop.
                        …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

I went at about 10 AM this year to...Target for non-holiday stuff.

Last year though, I was in Minneapolis, and let me tell you, there ain't nothing to do in Minneapolis on Black Friday but go to Mall of America. So we went at around 11:45PM Thanksgiving night. We roll up, and there is a crowd, about 100 deep at each entrance, so we just get in the back of the line. Can't even see the door, and the only way we knew it had opened was the massive cheer. We meander on in, watching people go crazy and end up in line to get into Best Buy. Its packed, again, 100's of people deep. We finally get up to the door and the security guard is letting people in 1 at a time. Suddenly, this woman, standing right next to my right shoulder screams "CHEATERS!!!! CHHEEEAAATTERRRRRS!!! What kind of EXAMPLE ARE YOU SETTING FOR THE KIDS!!!!!!!!!" Then she launches into the security guard (keep in mind, this guy is probably making $9/hour) "HOW could you let them IN AHEAD OF ME! I HAVE MY TICKET! THEY DON'T HAVE TICKETS!! I've BEEN HERE SINCE NINE!!!" Turns out, you can get item tickets for the items you want at this Best Buy beforehand, so she was going to get what she came for regardless. People are truly crazy.

Now, some might say "why the hell would you ditch out on Thanksgiving dinner, you jerk!" But this year, oh boy, we were at a family friend's house. Was not aware that it would consist of 100 relatives holding hands and forcing everyone to say one thing they were thankful for, followed by 20 minutes of crying because a relative had died. Try being the only two people who didn't know the person who had died. Probably the most awkward moment of my life, and I had to watch my mouth that whole night, because I am naturally predisposed to being the wrong place wrong time comment guy. Glad to be back in Seattle where everyone hates everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                          X