Red Dawn Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dawn Remake

Well, movie fans it looks like it's finally going to see the light of day. I was looking forward to this until I heard they changed the bad guys from Chinese to North Koreans. Were they trying to be PC since the Chinese own us? Or was it simply to keep another large market open for distribution? Either way I didn't like it, but then I heard that there still is a strong hint that the Chinese are supporting the North Koreans. Regardless, I was still luke warm until I saw this clip below:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBCTuXGTEuY&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Now I'm a little hopeful, but we will see.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
    2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
    2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
    2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
    2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
    Use Discount Code AMJ

Crazy...looks like Nov release (finally..been checking on it for some time now). I was in downtown Detroit when they were filming this movie and took over portions of the area. Diners/buildings, etc. all had the special characters on them...kind of neat to see that going on.

Im not sure if it will top the original..but, I will still check it out.

-s
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

I'm struggling with it...I like movies that were part of my childhood to remain untouched, and this is one I had hoped they'd not remake.

I might give it a try, but it will be begrudgingly.
      You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

I still haven't even seen the original, :flush:, but that looks like a damn interesting movie.

And, just to mention an experience similar to Slide's regarding witnessing the making of bits of a movie, my wife saw some of the filming for "The Pursuit of Happyness" from the window of her office when we lived in San Francisco.

Comment

I agree about the remakes, but this seen looks pretty bad ass.

Truenutrition.com
          Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by Doberman View Post
            I agree about the remakes, but this seen looks pretty bad ass.
            Plus, it has Thor in it.
            You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

I'm glad they finally gave this a release date! It was done in 2009/10 and sat on a shelf after MGM went bankrupt. I am also skeptical about changing the invaders' nationality in post production, but still, it looks bad ass.

Plus, as RageBlanket said, it has Thor in it.
              Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

We did a re-make of it as well. I don't know if you can get it there but it was OK as far as movies go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spUO48xYJps
                "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                ~William Bernbach

Comment

Looks kind of ok from the trailer that's been posted. I won't run out to the movies to see it. It'll be a Red Box rental for sure.
                  "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                  2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                  2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                  2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                  2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                  2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post
                    We did a re-make of it as well. I don't know if you can get it there but it was OK as far as movies go.

Is it just me, or would invading Australia be a really dumb idea? You guys have and army of deadly creatures that patrol the land/water/ocean. Some of the deadliest most venomous creatures in the entire world if I'm not mistaken.

Plus, you guys have Paul Hogan.
                    Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

I will pass on this. In the trailer there is a sceen when we are first being invaded and one of there planes get shot down. It then crashes two-three houses away from where one of the main actors is standing. Really he would be dead. That is all....
                      "Only God can Judge me." -Tupac

My Journal- http://www.intensemuscle.com/38062-eye-tiger.html

Comment

Originally posted by SAHD View Post

I watched it. It actually wasn't too bad.

Truenutrition.com
                        Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                          Looks kind of ok from the trailer that's been posted. I won't run out to the movies to see it. It'll be a Red Box rental for sure.
                          X2.

It does look decent for a remake ( I am sick of all the damn remakes ) but it still wont top the original.. EVER

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
                            Is it just me, or would invading Australia be a really dumb idea? You guys have and army of deadly creatures that patrol the land/water/ocean. Some of the deadliest most venomous creatures in the entire world if I'm not mistaken.

Plus, you guys have Paul Hogan.
                            Australia, the land where things from your nightmares are called urban plagues.
                            Attached Files
                            "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Invading Australia would be a dumb idea because if you have enough money to invade then you could just come over and buy some land and move right in. You don't need an army, just a profession.

Hell we are very short on soldiers, ours keep failing the drug tests. One recent idea was to invite soldiers from nearby countries to come and do 6yrs here for our army after which they could become citizens.

In effect we are inviting an invasion.
                              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
                              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
                              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
                              ~William Bernbach

Comment

Working...
                              X