No announcement yet.

UFO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with SM on this one, I don't really believe in UFO's until I've seen one.

Comment

Say Anadrol, have you read my post about the subject? :chair:

Comment

nah.. I'm to lazy

Comment

Argh!! I thought so otherwise you would never have said something like that... *sigh* Ah, the best laid plans of mice and men...

Comment

It has been said of UFO's.. what are the odds of them finding us here on earth, the perverbial needle in a haystack., refering to earth in the Univerese.

But then on the other hand: in a infinite Universe with infinite posibilities, how can another Earth with intelligent life NOT exsist?
            SweatMachine
            (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

EXACTLY.. LIKE I SAID.. I BELIEVE THAT WE ARE NOT THE ONLY LIFE IN THIS WORLD.. BUT, ARE THEY COMING HERE TO VISIT?? that i have a problem with.. in regards to religion.. that is a subject that everyone has a different take on.. how can so many people read the bible and come to so many different conclusions??.. hence, the different religions..many take the bible at face value and believe everything in it word for word..from adam and eve to being swallowed by a whale, they believe.. others, believe that many of the stories in the bible should not be taken literally and that they are stories (fables) of faith..it is a hard one to argue.. who is right?? i have seen and read the versions of the bible that "may" talk about ufos visiting certain characters in the bible..some talk of chariots of fire while others talk of "angels" coming from the chariots of fire to talk with others.. some claim to have been taken up in the chariots of fire and looked down upon the earth ect ect.. the problem then lies in the question of "why isnt it happening today?" why have all the miracles and visitations stopped at that particular place in time??..it seems that the "beings" seem to have no problem making their presence known back then.. but, not now??
              bur, if anyone has screwed up the bible and its meaning it is man in general..many people do not realize that there is more gospels that are not in the bible for various "reason".. many did not show jesus in a favorable light.. many talked of him sinning as a man of flesh and blood would do..that did not bode well with some who were trying to get the "movement" off the ground..jesus was the "person" that the belief was based upon and anything that may have showed him to be mortal and not of devine intervention would hurt the cause.. a buddy of mine is a professor of theology and has given me various text to read in regards to the other gospels.. it is interesting...we are seeing here in the states, the various networks (history channel, the learning channel, ect) take the alternative view in regards to jesus and the "history" of the bible.."did jesus really die on the cross?" "was he actually married to mary as some of the excluded gospels hint at?? there were others before and after jesus that claimed to be the son of god.. some have written to have performed "miracles" too..why was jesus choosen as the actual son of god by those in power?? ect ect ..it is very interesting to read and study.. but, you have to be willing to step out of the "shell" so to speak and read it with a open mind.. not saying that i belive it all.. just saying that there is no such thing as too much knowledge..

Comment

Roughly written and presented Lats but some good points nonetheless. Now all you need to do is to adapt them to the argument in question and it will be a very well informed piece to read. :p

Comment

HELL, I CAN NOT EVEN REMEMBER THE ARGUMENT IN QUESTION NOW..:p

Comment

Did someone say mice and men?

Comment

If aliens do ever come visit the earth I am sure they would observe our chaos for a few minutes, then politely leave.

I think it was William the conqueror that used to say...."We came, we saw, we conquered.

The aliens would say "we came, we saw,....we left!"
                      [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

One of my ex-roomies from a few years back said he had actually been abducted by aliens. Four times to be exact. Man he's into his alien shit. The man went to Rosewell or where that place is like 3 times a year. He went to all the damn alien cult desert meeting they have in Nevada. The man was weird but perfectly sane.

I personally beleive that aliens walk amoungst humans and feed on the blood of Christian babies. But that's just me.
                        Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes

Comment

Supersport, it was Julius Caeser who said that actually and his exact words were "Veni, vidi, vici" which is Latin for "I came, I saw, I conquered" :showoff: It was a phrase used extensively by Caeser during his military campaigns but it is most often associated with his invasions of Brittania (55-54 BC) in the quest for gold, silver and political glory.

Jaywooly, you seem to have gotten mixed up between aliens, vampires, and religious fanatics, but as you say, that's just you.

Incidentally, as seems to happen a lot here, are we getting sidetracked from the main argument or what? :grumpy:

Comment

I'll worry about UFO's when one lands in my yard, until then, I really could care less.
                            "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

Comment

Working...
                            X