why is this a big deal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is this a big deal???

They are calling it "bullying" and "hazing" but I just don't see the big deal. I know, I know... Everyone is so paranoid about the "bullying" thing now but these are grown ass men messing with, maybe teaching a lesson to (I'll get back to that), having fun at each others expense, etc... So the F what? The idiots on ESPN are saying weatherford (he taped it) and jpp should get big fines and its so wrong and blah blah blah... To me bullying is picking on someone that can't defend themselves. A grown ass man that is as gifted an athlete as prince is doesn't fit that catagory to me. Yea jpp is a lot bigger but this goes into the "lesson" part....you can hear the team mates saying "stand up for yourself" saying "this is ridiculous" saying "come on prince"... Etc... If he would have just put up any fight....the fight his team mates were begging him to put up then this would have ended. It was obvious. He has played soft so far in his career....he was hurt and got a late start as a rookie and played soft when he did play late last year. They NEED him this year and he has played soft through 2 pre season games. To me its just obvious they were begging to get some fight out of him, to get him to not let himself be carried like a ragdoll, thrown in an ice bath...hell at least jump out and go after jpp after it....nothing is gonna happen the whole team would break any fight up. But know he just takes it. I just don't see this as hazing or bullying....more like a group of guys that depend on each other saying 'man dA F up and put up a fight!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPia8YsUlw8&sns=em

BTW I was a skinny then chubby kid who was shy and had bad acne growing up so I was picked on plenty growing up. It stopped when I learned to stand up for myself.

One bald man's opinion.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

That's your opinion, and I find it ridiculous again. There is not a goddamn thing he could do against JPP and the other guys weren't trying to stop it. This is also not a game, these guys are making more money than most of us ever will, they don't need an ice bath to wake them up. The fact that he filmed it and put it on twitter is disrespectful to Prince and makes the giants look unprofessional. This would be like the big guy in the office giving the nerd a swirly for not nailing a presentation. It's bad. Also because he put it online there are tons of little kids who saw this and that think hazing is perfectly fine. I'm sure you know the horror stories of people dying due to hazing or kids who don't understand what they're doing and assaulting other kids.

Basically it was just about the dumbest thig I've seen in a long time. They're both going to get big ass fines and they should for the negative publicity and for making the giants look like a high school team instead of a corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by big ross View Post
      Basically it was just about the dumbest thig I've seen in a long time
      Really? Have you left your house lately?
      Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by big ross View Post
        that's your opinion, and i find it ridiculous again. There is not a goddamn thing he could do against jpp and the other guys weren't trying to stop it. This is also not a game, these guys are making more money than most of us ever will, they don't need an ice bath to wake them up. The fact that he filmed it and put it on twitter is disrespectful to prince and makes the giants look unprofessional. this would be like the big guy in the office giving the nerd a swirly for not nailing a presentation. It's bad. Also because he put it online there are tons of little kids who saw this and that think hazing is perfectly fine. I'm sure you know the horror stories of people dying due to hazing or kids who don't understand what they're doing and assaulting other kids.

basically it was just about the dumbest thig i've seen in a long time. They're both going to get big ass fines and they should for the negative publicity and for making the giants look like a high school team instead of a corporation.
        bingo!!!!!
        STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Wow, there are some seriously soft people here.

Comment

Another reason why I don't watch ESPN.....they make mountains out of molehills for a living.
            Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by thsfootball View Post
              Wow, there are some seriously soft people here.
              Really? Sorry we don't meet your hardcore status....

EDIT: To clarify, other than the fact that millions of kids will see this and think that it's ok, I don't see it as a big deal. BUT, in reality, hazing is a form of bullying, that even kids at the college level die from every year.....I just watched a Real Sports episode about the hazing in the Marching band community in a bunch of black schools. Kids have died recently due to some seriously screwed up shit. Whether it's innocent or not, there's always that ONE person who steps over the line and takes it too far, and that is when someone gets hurt or killed.....If it was the guy's birthday or something, well then that's different. But how can you preach TEAM to your kids (I coach and have coached alot of different sports at alot of different youth levels) when you're allowing a guy to be singled out? You win as a team and lose as a team. I just feel that the video sends a wrong message. Behind closed doors, well, that's a whole different story.....You take care of business, but you still gotta remember that mistakes will be made and you are a TEAM, and without every part of that team it's hard to be successful....
              Last edited by steel1970; 08-21-2012, 04:20 PM.
              STEEL

Comment

Guys mess with each other....I mean come on he put him in an ICE BATH! He didn't beat him or hit him or anything else. You can hear the guys getting on prince for not standing up to himself. As far as the fact that jpp is 3xs his size....so what? Does anyone ever remember hearing of anyone actually being hurt in locker room "fights"? No cause everyone breaks it up rt away. A dude got put in an ice bath by a team mate...that's all that happened. I don't even think this is really "hazing". He is a second year player not a rookie and it just looked like a dude messing with a another dude. Was it dumb? Sure it was but was it violent, or abusive or anything else? I don't think so. I don't know what instigated it. I mentioned him playing soft because of how the other players were on him for not standing up for himself. But I really don't know what started it. Was jpp trying to be funny? Was prince being a jerk or mouthing off before? Was jpp put up to it by someone rose? I have no idea but it just don't seem like a big deal.
                Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                Nicki Minaj

Comment

I played D1 baseball in college and was constantly around the football team. We shared a lot of the same facilities.

This seems like normal locker room behavior to me based on what I saw. Yeah it probably wasn't the best idea as it could have led to injury, but it shouldn't even be a news story.

That idiot punter who made the video public is going to get shit on by his teammates. He really is the only one who did anything wrong IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                    I played D1 baseball in college and was constantly around the football team. We shared a lot of the same facilities.

This seems like normal locker room behavior to me based on what I saw. Yeah it probably wasn't the best idea as it could have led to injury, but it shouldn't even be a news story.

That idiot punter who made the video public is going to get shit on by his teammates. He really is the only one who did anything wrong IMO.
                    That's what I'm saying. It may be pretty standard practice among OLDER guys in sports, BUT when kids see a vid like this, they automatically think it's cool, and rest assured, you WILL see something on the news about a younger kid being hazed very soon, I'm sure. We used to whip the shit outta kids with wet towels in the locker room, to the point of welts and borderline bleeding. No way I would want my son to hafta endure that, at all. When you have kids of your own getting to the age that shit like this could happen to them, I believe your perspective changes a bit. I know mine has.....
                    STEEL

Comment

People who are paid to brutalize other people for a living shouldn't be compared to a suit and tie cubicle worker. Not everyone can be Tim Tebow.

I get that bullying is an issue that might need to be addressed at the high school level, but in fully developed (mentally and physically) men, throwing someone into an ice bath is hardly newsworthy.

Comment

men, throwing someone into an ice bath is hardly newsworthy.
                        It is for the OP, cause he either doesn't have anything better to do, or he gets his jollies watching guys argue about non newsworthy trash...as he does so often....or both.
                        Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

People who are paid to brutalize other people for a living shouldn't be compared to a suit and tie cubicle worker. Not everyone can be Tim Tebow.

I get that bullying is an issue that might need to be addressed at the high school level, but in fully developed (mentally and physically) men, throwing someone into an ice bath is hardly newsworthy.
                          Thank you....your opinion is noted.....
                          STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                            It is for the OP, cause he either doesn't have anything better to do, or he gets his jollies watching guys argue about non newsworthy trash...as he does so often....or both.
                            ^^
                            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                            kind of a douche

Comment

Like Steel said, "BUT when kids see a vid like this, they automatically think it's cool..." Then one dip shit takes it to far and it leads to this kind of shit:

http://www.outsports.com/campus/2006/0524hazing.htm
                              2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Working...
                              X