Noisy and inconsiderate neighbors ruin it for everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy and inconsiderate neighbors ruin it for everyone

I saved for a house and moved out of the apartment life for a reason! I thought I was getting away from noisy and extremely inconsiderate people. Actually, I did, for about 1.5 years. Unfortunately, the house next to mine is a rental and people come and go and unfortunately the good neighbors moved out. Well this new person loves to blast her hip hop from 8pm until 1am every night, does not matter if it a weekend or weekday. I am quite certain she is on welfare as I have not seen her go to work, ever. I have seen her get her mail at 5pm wearing pajamas...

The part I don't get is that she has been there a year and was perfectly fine for the first 9 months. She would blast her music from time to time, but it was so infrequent I didn't care. However, lately it is unbearable. Not only that, but there have been some very shady people coming and going very late at night. It is a real shame because other than her, everyone on the street is extremely quiet. Never a peep from any other house. It is not a matter of her not knowing it is loud either...she knows it is loud and just does not care, that is what gets my blood boiling the most.

Not really seeking advice, as I already know what I am going to do and that is call the police every time she does it as well as write her landlord a letter. Hopefully she stops after the landlord contacts her. The police are very sympathetic actually...they seem to really believe in having peace and quiet in the area, so I am lucky for that I suppose.

Seriously, FUCK loud and inconsiderate people.

Just had to rant as I am on my 3rd coffee due to no sleep last night and I have a really important project I have to finish before I leave for my Vegas trip on Saturday.

You could wait for her to go out, then sneak into her house and UNPLUG the stereo. Since she's female, she'd never figure out why it wasn't working. lol
    PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Does your community have a HOA?

Comment

Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
        You could wait for her to go out, then sneak into her house and UNPLUG the stereo. Since she's female, she'd never figure out why it wasn't working. lol
        Haha that was hilarious!

Originally posted by dice77 View Post
        Does your community have a HOA?
        If there is one, I am unaware. I doubt it.

I just don't get how people are like that. Before I do anything that creates any noise, I always think "Gee, is this going to piss someone off?".

Comment

I had a similar problem with very messy and loud neighbors when I lived in a townhouse community. I went after the landlord and made his life miserable. The Homeowners Association was a big help because the president was very nitpicky and didn't want trash bringing down her property value either.

If you can open lines of communication with the landlord, that might help. He came to me later and apologized and told me to call him directly if it ever happened again.

Of course, some just won't care as long as they get the rent check each month.

Good luck! It is a sucky situation.

Redskull's idea is very brilliant and that might work as well.

Comment

If it is the same landlord, I think I have a chance.

He introduced himself to me 2 years ago and asked me if I had any issues with the neighbors. I said no, because they were fantastic neighbors. He said, if they give you any trouble I will throw them out of here.

I am crossing my fingers that it is the same landlord. I won't have one bit of sympathy if he does throw her out.

I am waiting a week to do this as I am going on vacation for a week. Don't need angry neighbors vandalizing my cars and property while I am away. Granted, I am sure the landlord wouldn't tell them who complained but I am sure they are smart enough to put 2 and 2 together as I am the only neighbor next to them (it is a corner unit).

Comment

She don't care cause she is lit every nt. If she is doing that every nt and has shady people going in and out.... Stick with your plan the cops will either find drugs or a drunk will start with them sooner or later.

As far as people doing shit like this... So many have no self respect let alone respect for others. It's in every part of our daily lives that we see it. People don't watch their language in front of women any longer, they don't say thank you when you hold the door leaving a store, they act like your home is their home if they come over....etc.... It's sad really. I think I gotta start a thread about my issue along these lines ;-)

Anyway, you are in the right here. Call the cops and in a month or two they will be gone.

Peace.
              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                She don't care cause she is lit every nt. If she is doing that every nt and has shady people going in and out.... Stick with your plan the cops will either find drugs or a drunk will start with them sooner or later.

As far as people doing shit like this... So many have no self respect let alone respect for others. It's in every part of our daily lives that we see it. People don't watch their language in front of women any longer, they don't say thank you when you hold the door leaving a store, they act like your home is their home if they come over....etc.... It's sad really. I think I gotta start a thread about my issue along these lines ;-)

Anyway, you are in the right here. Call the cops and in a month or two they will be gone.

Peace.
                Yup..

How about acting like your home is their home when they are NOT invited over? The other people in the unit above the noisy neighbor are extremely trashy as well. The first week they moved in, they had like 10 kids over their house. Just letting them run up and down my sidewalk...letting them run around in my backyard..letting them run all over my porch stomping around. The woman was sitting right there watching them doing it, not even letting a single word out to tell them to stop. Then a week later the kid asks the mom a question and all she says back "Would you just shut the fuck up already!". Really classy people, let me tell ya. They have quieted down a ton though, so I really have no issues with them now as long as they remain that way. I still hear them cursing at their kids from time to time, but on a day by day basis, I am ok with them.

Back to the noisy neighbor...
                One of the guys was really shady...definitely straight outta Trenton. Not once have I see this guy actually wearing a shirt...and he sets up a lawn chair right on the sidewalk and starts drinking beers the entire day and night. I will keep calling...hopefully one time I get lucky and the cop shows up at the right time.

Back to the music, just my general opinion.

I don't care what time of day it is...if it is not a holiday or special occasion, if you are playing it loud enough where I can hear it in my own home, it is too loud. People deserve peace in their home at any time of day. If I am doing anything loud outside, like buffing my car, I make sure to put the car in the very back of my backyard as far away from the neighbors as possible. I really believe that no matter what time of day, you should have peace in your home. People work hard...the last thing you want after a hard day of work is to come home to your walls vibrating at 6pm.

Comment

Call the cops.

Works. Every. Time
                  "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 0001Delta View Post
                    Call the cops.

Works. Every. Time
                    Yup it worked Friday night. Don't care if it is weekend, last I checked, people still sleep on the weekend.

Comment

Another general thought...

So many people give advice like "talk to your neighbors". I think this is horrible advice. There is a huge difference between the type of person that is practicing their piano, but doesn't realize it is loud vs the person who cracks open their windows, turns up the bass and volume all the way, and blasts it knowing that it is loud. These type of people cannot be reasoned with. All talking to them will do is further agitate the situation.

The police officer I spoke to said 50% of the time, it will escalate into a verbal fight immediately. Sometimes, a physical one... He says I am doing the right thing by simply calling them.

I believe him.

Comment

Time to go Charles Bronson on them....lol DEATH WISH!
                        SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

In my younger and dumber days, I would have stormed over there immediately and wreaked havoc. Getting older and being married has softened me up big time lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
                            Another general thought...

So many people give advice like "talk to your neighbors". I think this is horrible advice. There is a huge difference between the type of person that is practicing their piano, but doesn't realize it is loud vs the person who cracks open their windows, turns up the bass and volume all the way, and blasts it knowing that it is loud. These type of people cannot be reasoned with. All talking to them will do is further agitate the situation.

The police officer I spoke to said 50% of the time, it will escalate into a verbal fight immediately. Sometimes, a physical one... He says I am doing the right thing by simply calling them.

I believe him.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Anytime something bothers my neighbor, she dials 311. Maybe worth a try too...
                              SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Working...
                              X