Cheapest way to divide a basement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest way to divide a basement?

In other words, create a makeshift, but sturdy room to separate an animal..

I just cannot find a home for this sick cat. I contacted over 30 people and no one will take her. The vet will euthanize her if we do not take her and I feel bad just releasing her back in the wild. I have this big, ugly unfinished basement so I figured I could make her a room down there to live for a while until she either passes or we find her a home.

I can do an engine swap on my vette blindfolded but when it comes to home construction I am a huge newb. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Something cheap...do not care if it is ugly but it has to be sturdy and have no gaps in it.

Maybe instead of modifying the basement itself you could buy or construct a large pen?
    My dad made something like that for his cats for the garage. It was probably 10 ft square, and just as high. Had room for a litter box, food and water and some big climbing/scratching posts.
    Heavy squats fix everything.

Comment

Looking at what you are talking about I really think the best option for the cat would be to find a "no kill" shelter. The local or nearest humane society.or a good vet should be able to recommend one or you should be able to find one with a Google search. They are pretty much all over the place now. If you do that, and it would really seem to be what's best for the cat under the circumstances you describe, I would urge you to donate what you can afford when you do. Just think, even if the limit was 50 bucks, and donate the money you would have spent to make the cat its 'room'. Best of luck.
      Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
      Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Maybe instead of modifying the basement itself you could buy or construct a large pen?
        My dad made something like that for his cats for the garage. It was probably 10 ft square, and just as high. Had room for a litter box, food and water and some big climbing/scratching posts.
        Very good idea. However, yesterday when I wrote that I didn't know how easy the disease was to spread. We could spread it simply by touching her and touching our other cats.

Shit!

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
          Looking at what you are talking about I really think the best option for the cat would be to find a "no kill" shelter. The local or nearest humane society.or a good vet should be able to recommend one or you should be able to find one with a Google search. They are pretty much all over the place now. If you do that, and it would really seem to be what's best for the cat under the circumstances you describe, I would urge you to donate what you can afford when you do. Just think, even if the limit was 50 bucks, and donate the money you would have spent to make the cat its 'room'. Best of luck.
          Of course we are trying that...that was our first option even before we found out she was sick. That is why we decided to adopt her...no one would take her. I contacted over 30 places already. Now that she is sick and contagious, it is almost impossible.

The only person that could take her would be someone with no other cats.
          Last edited by SkinnyMike42; 07-25-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Any updates? I gotta say, I am an animal nut...3 dogs and 2 are rescues and 2 rescued cats...may be.taking in another dog also BUT as much as I hate to say it if I was you I would probably have to give it up. Keeping my pets healthy would have to come first.
            Best of luck.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

We are still actively looking. We made her a facebook page.

facebook.com/savemindythecat

Our plan is to keep looking for another week, possibly two. Then we have to make a hard decision. I have heard from about 6 people, including my vet, who have brought infected cats into the house and vaccinated the healthy cats and none of them got sick. It is also rare for adult cats, even without vaccine, to catch the disease as well.

So I think we can save her. My biggest fear is complications from the vaccine itself, not them actually catching the disease.

Whatever happens, she will have a better life than what she had prior to her meeting us.

Comment

Glad to hear about the vaccines preventing the spread. God bless ya for all you are trying. If your cats are strong and healthy... I would probably go that route also.

Best of luck with your new friend.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Thanks Dun.

Added couple of pics and a new video. Please like the page if you are on facebook.

www.facebook.com/savemindythecat

Comment

Working...
                  X