Incredibly sad-shooting at batman premiere in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredibly sad-shooting at batman premiere in Colorado

This is just a tragedy. Hopefully no one here was harmed/knows anyone who was harmed.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=16817842

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...es/?hpt=pm_mid

Pretty scary stuff! I knew a few people going to midnight premiers but none were at Aurora. (There are much better places to go...)

Still, just insane. You can't go 3 feet in the office today without hearing someone talking about the shooting.

Comment

Very tragic. I can't imagine the shock and chaos that filled that theater.

I urge those who are able to, to conceal carry. I don't know if it would have helped or not, but I would hate to have the feeling hanging over my head if I were in that theater and helpless b/c I did not carry that evening.

Hope the injured recover and the number of deceased does not rise.
      2005 HOA Natural Classic
      2006 OCB Midwest
      2007 ABA Natural Illinois
      2008 HOA Natural Classic
      NPC Mid-Illinois
      NPC Midwest Open
      NPC Natural Grand Prix
      2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
      USPA Illinois State
      NGA Heart of America
      NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

A friend of mine works for Aurora PD. I texted him to see if he was there. His shift was on but he had training earlier in the day and was off. Two of his good friends apprehended the guy. Apparently he was waiting with guns down and hands up ready to surrender when they rushed in.

Terrible.
        Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

This is incredibly sad. I could only imagine the horror that filled these individuals in the theater. My heart is with those injured, the departed and their families.

Apparently the shooter had weapons and bomb making material at his apartment. I just don't understand what would make someone go into a theater and start killing....
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
            A friend of mine works for Aurora PD. I texted him to see if he was there. His shift was on but he had training earlier in the day and was off. Two of his good friends apprehended the guy. Apparently he was waiting with guns down and hands up ready to surrender when they rushed in.

Terrible.
            Furthermore, and I haven't seen this in writing, but I hear a radio host say there was a report that he was telling the cops that he was the real-life Joker, or something along those lines. Just an awful tragedy.

Edit: Here's the story:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/aurora...1#.UAm-iGG0ysN
            Last edited by dakoose; 07-20-2012, 05:27 PM.
            Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Apparently, a good friend of mine has a sister going to school or teaching or some shit in Colorado. This guy was her lab assistant.

Shit in the news lately has me really close to obtaining a permit to carry and a revolver.
              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Same here Macho...if we all carried (all meaning law abiding with no criminal record), would it make the world a safer place? I think so, but that is a topic for another time.

This is really sad...

This woman is one of the deceased....she barely escaped a Toronto food court shooting before she was killed in this shooting.

http://jessicaredfield.wordpress.com...nter-shooting/

Just tragic.

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                  Furthermore, and I haven't seen this in writing, but I hear a radio host say there was a report that he was telling the cops that he was the real-life Joker, or something along those lines. Just an awful tragedy.

Edit: Here's the story:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/aurora...1#.UAm-iGG0ysN
                  He didn't mention that but I didn't want to pry for too many details. Just texted him asking if he was involved and he told me that little bit. I'm sure they are all busy out there now and are getting asked by everyone about it. Maybe after things calm down I'll ask him more.

But if he said that stuff about being the joker that's even creepier.

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                  Apparently, a good friend of mine has a sister going to school or teaching or some shit in Colorado. This guy was her lab assistant.

Shit in the news lately has me really close to obtaining a permit to carry and a revolver.
                  Wow! I hate to say it but I guess I'm glad he chose a movie theater instead of the school like the Virginia Tech psycho.
                  Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

My oldest daughter was calling us non-stop all night, last night, but we had our phones off, as usual. She could hear everything from her apartment balcony before anything ever hit the news.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      My oldest daughter was calling us non-stop all night, last night, but we had our phones off, as usual. She could hear everything from her apartment balcony before anything ever hit the news.

Skip
                      That is pretty messed up, I was hoping you were all ok but didn't think you would be in aurora.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
                      Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                      FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                      www.316fit.com
                      Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

Skip
                        She needs to be further south or way further west.

Glad she's ok.

My wife's facility is about 1.5 miles from the theater and they had that fucker on mega lock down til about 0900 today.
                        You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Hearing about stuff like this really makes me wonder about the human race sometimes....everyone has problems or issues but damn, do you really need to kill innocent people for no reason at all....just horrifying.....I agree on the concealed carry comments. I SO wish it was easy to get in Jersey.....The more educated and ready people there are the sooner shit like this becomes a rarity......
                          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                            Hearing about stuff like this really makes me wonder about the human race sometimes....everyone has problems or issues but damn, do you really need to kill innocent people for no reason at all....just horrifying.....I agree on the concealed carry comments. I SO wish it was easy to get in Jersey.....The more educated and ready people there are the sooner shit like this becomes a rarity......
                            I want to know why this motherfucker had flash-bangs, .40 Glocks, a shotgun, AR-15 and body armor (in addition to the bomb shit at his crib)...dude has been planning this for a WHILE.

Fuck him, I hope he burns in the hottest circle of hell.

/rant
                            You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Humans are literally the worst thing in the known universe.
                              Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                              kind of a douche

Comment

Working...
                              X