Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macho Man
    replied
    Got the upgrades to work, took forever to download!

I gotta say, I'm liking the new look. Everything is a tad smaller on the screen, allowing more to fit. It reminds me of when PCs went to a higher resolution years ago.

Seems to be quite a bit faster too, which is scary because the note was already fast as shit.

Leave a comment:

• Macho Man
    replied
    Samsung must have been overloaded with Kies downloads, as I went to the site and it wouldn't let me download the windows version.

Guess my hope to update is put on hold for a while.

Leave a comment:

• ben.puckhaber
    replied
    Samsung support looks to have a pretty comprehensive how-to here:
    How do I update my Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    After a lol reading it seems like there are some issues with it...at least there was with the initial international version. The hopes are great...battery life is supposed to be a huge increase... But a cpl sites I read said to try and wait a cpl days and see what happens. The international version seems to be bricking some notes and over heating others. Is have the store try or just wait a bit to see if the at&t version has any of the same bugs.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    Just stop back at where you bought it, hand it to them and say "make it work".

Leave a comment:

• Ken "Skip" Hill
    replied
    I can't get the upgrade to take, for some reason. It won't give me the option to upgrade the firmware even after I have it downloaded on my computer. I hate shit like this and I often wonder why they can't just have this shit automatically update instead of having to fuck with this kind of crap. It never goes the way it should.

Skip

Leave a comment:

• Barge
    replied
    ICS is a big upgrade over gingerbread.

Of course all the cool kids are running Jelly Bean now.

Leave a comment:

• ben.puckhaber
    replied
    Your Galaxy Note has gingerbread on it right now, correct? They've made a lot of improvements since then. Release notes for ICS
    I had a droid with gingerbread last year and then got the galaxy nexus which has 4.0.4 now. Huge difference. I'd say go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Macho Man
    replied
    Got the text yesterday and was wondering this myself.

Leave a comment:

• Upgrading my Galaxy Note to Ice Cream Sandwich

Is it worth downloading and upgrading to ICS? The download is a pain in the ass and I just wonder if it really makes a big difference over the Android system I am currently using.

Thoughts?

Skip
Working...
X