Upgrading my Galaxy Note to Ice Cream Sandwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my Galaxy Note to Ice Cream Sandwich

Is it worth downloading and upgrading to ICS? The download is a pain in the ass and I just wonder if it really makes a big difference over the Android system I am currently using.

Thoughts?

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Got the text yesterday and was wondering this myself.
    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Your Galaxy Note has gingerbread on it right now, correct? They've made a lot of improvements since then. Release notes for ICS
      I had a droid with gingerbread last year and then got the galaxy nexus which has 4.0.4 now. Huge difference. I'd say go for it.

Comment

ICS is a big upgrade over gingerbread.

Of course all the cool kids are running Jelly Bean now.

Comment

I can't get the upgrade to take, for some reason. It won't give me the option to upgrade the firmware even after I have it downloaded on my computer. I hate shit like this and I often wonder why they can't just have this shit automatically update instead of having to fuck with this kind of crap. It never goes the way it should.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Just stop back at where you bought it, hand it to them and say "make it work".
            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
            Nicki Minaj

Comment

After a lol reading it seems like there are some issues with it...at least there was with the initial international version. The hopes are great...battery life is supposed to be a huge increase... But a cpl sites I read said to try and wait a cpl days and see what happens. The international version seems to be bricking some notes and over heating others. Is have the store try or just wait a bit to see if the at&t version has any of the same bugs.
              Good luck.
              Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
              Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
              Nicki Minaj

Comment

Samsung support looks to have a pretty comprehensive how-to here:
                How do I update my Samsung Galaxy Note to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich?

Comment

Samsung must have been overloaded with Kies downloads, as I went to the site and it wouldn't let me download the windows version.

Guess my hope to update is put on hold for a while.
                  2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Got the upgrades to work, took forever to download!

I gotta say, I'm liking the new look. Everything is a tad smaller on the screen, allowing more to fit. It reminds me of when PCs went to a higher resolution years ago.

Seems to be quite a bit faster too, which is scary because the note was already fast as shit.
                    2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Working...
                    X