• Show
Clear All

• Nut butter.....How do you eat yours?

Crunchy or smooth?
    Peanut or Almond?
    Organic or ....not organic?
    Finger or spoon?

Smooth
    Either or. Usually peanut because it's cheaper. Love almond though.
    Non-organic. Price again.
    Spoon.

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

Everything

Spoon
      #docswholift
      PGY-1 FM
      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Crunchy
        Peanut
        Organic..whatever is cheaper
        Spoon

....but lately I have been using PB2. Tastes good and only has 1g fat and 5g carbs for 2tbs. The chocolate pb2 is good too.
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

I eat Peanut and Cashew butter....both smooth style. Slice up and apple and eat along with protein shake for an easy, on the go meal.

If you're on portion control and have trouble with serving sizes, JIF makes these.

Buy em once, either re-use the cups or learn what exactly is 1.5 ounces (250 calories) of peanut butter and figure out how to eyeball more accurately.....for me, I was eating about 400 cals worth when I thought I was just eating 2 tbsp (200 calories).
          Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
            portion control
            This I do not have If I sit down with the jar and a spoon, I almost always plan on finishing what's left in there. I prefer the crunchy PB or AB.

I actually like making my own Almond or Peanut Butter, especially throwing in some cocoa powder and stevia - my VitaMix is the best kitchen gadget I own.
            2013 NPC Europa Battle of Champions - 1st Figure & Overall
            2013 NPC Rhode Island - 1st Figure
            2012 NPC Emerald Cup - 2nd Figure
            2010 NPC Northwest Championships - 4th Figure

Comment

I mix smooth PB or almond butter with coconut oil and chocolate lba's before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rco View Post
                This I do not have If I sit down with the jar and a spoon, I almost always plan on finishing what's left in there. I prefer the crunchy PB or AB.

I actually like making my own Almond or Peanut Butter, especially throwing in some cocoa powder and stevia - my VitaMix is the best kitchen gadget I own.
                The VitaMix is an amazing machine. You can also make nut butters in a quality food processor, it takes 5-10 mins depending on the nuts/seeds and how powerful your machine is.

My favorite so far:
                1 lbs of roasted unsalted sunflower seeds from Trader Joes ($2) + a tsp of vanilla extract + some salt and spenda/stevia = amazing.

I have also made spicy peanut butter with planter's 5-alarm chili peanuts.

I prefer the creamy regardless of the kind of nuts/seeds. I put it on/in everything; Ezekiel bread, yogurt, ice cream, my girlfriend...
                MWC900
                Please use my 5% off coupon code at truenutrition.com if you think my posts are informative/interesting/helpful etc
                MWC900

Comment

Originally posted by Rco View Post

Ha....I have terrible trouble with portion control, that's why I switched to those Jif cups. Right now I'm dieting so I need to be exact with measurements, but when I'm simply in weight management or growth mode I just eat out of the jar and probably end up with 5-6 tablespoons worth.

I'm ordering some PB2 and gonna try that out.

@Breck.....how do you prepare your PB2....just go by the instructions or have you come upon a better way?
                  Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

@Breck.....how do you prepare your PB2....just go by the instructions or have you come upon a better way?[/QUOTE]

I put it in a condiment bowl I have and add minimal water to get a thick consistency....but not too thick. I also put it in my protein. I will spray a tupperware with pam, put my protein and pb2 in, add water to make it really watery, then microwave for 2min. puffs up and i dump it onto a plate and eat it like a cake.
                    2005 HOA Natural Classic
                    2006 OCB Midwest
                    2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                    2008 HOA Natural Classic
                    NPC Mid-Illinois
                    NPC Midwest Open
                    NPC Natural Grand Prix
                    2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                    USPA Illinois State
                    NGA Heart of America
                    NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
                      @Breck.....how do you prepare your PB2....just go by the instructions or have you come upon a better way?

I put it in a condiment bowl I have and add minimal water to get a thick consistency....but not too thick. I also put it in my protein. I will spray a tupperware with pam, put my protein and pb2 in, add water to make it really watery, then microwave for 2min. puffs up and i dump it onto a plate and eat it like a cake.
                      Now that's what the kind of stuff I come to IM for, lol. I'm gonna pick some up at a local shop later today and try that out, thanks for the idea.
                      Last edited by dakoose; 06-21-2012, 07:30 PM.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Smooth
                        Peanut
                        Non
                        Spoon/fork/and apparently a butter knife because when I woke up hungry as hell at 3am, I couldn't find a damn spoon.
                        …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

I eat it smooth out of a spoon but I put four to five chocolate chips in the pb on the spoon before I indulge.
                          :preach:

Comment

I love almond butter. Yeah, its more expensive, but does have a better fat profile and it's a nice change of pace. As of late I've been pretty boring and only eating it two ways. I will stir up my protein and oats with a tablespoon of almond butter and eat it cold or I'll heat up the oats and add the rest. I'll eat this about an hour before hitting the gym. It's a good way to get some preworkout carbs and a steady stream of energy.
                            1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                            2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                            2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                            2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                            2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                            2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                            Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

I like PB2 also, especially for a lower fat diet, but my diet is changing and I am including a lot of healthy fats (avocado, almond butter, coconut oil, macadamia nut oil, etc.)
                              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Working...
                              X