Hunger games Books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunger games Books?

Has anyone read these? My Mother was in town a few weeks ago and was reading the first book. When she finished I picked it up to see what all the hype was this spring about the movie. I enjoyed the first book and have started the second book. Anyone see the movie?
    Joe

Contest History:
    2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
    2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
    2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
    2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
    2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
    2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Saw the movie, wasn't a fan though.
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Movie isn't bAd at all. Second book also good. I read about half the third and lost all interest.

Comment

Read all 3 in less than a week. Loved them.

I thought the 3rd book was the least interesting of the 3 - but still a good book.
        Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
        FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
        www.316fit.com
        Email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by big ross View Post
          Movie isn't bAd at all. Second book also good. I read about half the third and lost all interest.
          I think I want to see the movie now. Can't imagine how violent the opening of the games looks on screen vs the book and the *no spoilers*

- fade

Oops!! sorry guys..thanks Fade..
          Last edited by Joe P.; 06-11-2012, 02:19 PM.
          Joe

Contest History:

Comment

Read all 3 in under 3 weeks. Watched the movie opening day. It was good, but not great.

Use my discount code JHR112 and get 5% off at TrueProtein.com

"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"-Ronnie Coleman

GET THE DAMN WEIGHT UP AND BEAT THE LOGBOOK WITH BIG WEIGHT JUMPS-Dante

Comment

I haven't read these books, but my opinion on these types of novels changed when I read Twilight. The books are hardly unreadable. Some times they can be infuriating, insipid and terribly written, but they will keep you entertained. I imagine that the Hunger Games novels are similar.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbb View Post
                I haven't read these books, but my opinion on these types of novels changed when I read Twilight. The books are hardly unreadable. Some times they can be infuriating, insipid and terribly written, but they will keep you entertained. I imagine that the Hunger Games novels are similar.
                Twilight is in a category alone, sucks you in than you realize it's a complete waste of time.
                Hunger games are fantastic, the first two at least.
                The movie isn't bad but not as good as I had hoped. Not a childish take on it but not as gruesome. Also not enough dialogue to develop the characters but if you read the books it doesn't matter as much.

Comment

Twilight was ok to me, not anywhere near as good as Hunger Games though. I read all 3, again like others have said, #3 was my least favorite. If you've got a Nook, let me know, I'll save you some $ and lend you the books.
                  …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by youngbb View Post
                    I agree with you here. They are very entertaining and fast paced. They also are easily converted into a movie. But the character development and emotional responses from these books are lacking in my opinion.
                    "Being tired isn't the same as being rich, but most times it's close enough" Chuck Palahnuik

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least"

Comment

Originally posted by SadButTrue View Post
                      Read all 3 in under 3 weeks. Watched the movie opening day. It was good, but not great.
                      Saw the movie this weekend. It was ok. The book was much better. My wife hated it and cried through most of it. Said it was sad.
                      Joe

Contest History:

Comment

The wife has but with most books turned into a movie or TV show (Seeker) they generally do a poor job. With that said, I have comment that I haven't seen the movie yet.
                        "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                        2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                        2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                        2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                        2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                        2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Working...
                        X