Summer time fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer time fun

Just thought it would be cool to see what others in different parts of the country and world do during the summer months (at least summer HERE). What do you all do? Take day trips? Go to the beaches? Take vacations? Stay home and swim in the pool?

What are some of your favorite entertainment spots to visit that are in your area? What trips do you like to do with the family vs. alone or simply with friends?

I'll start.....we are going to Ocean City, NJ on Monday....boardwalk, ocean, sunbathing, amusement park.....the whole family is going and I'll drop an easy $200....

Next Monday we are going to Camelbeach waterpark in the Poconos....water slides and lots of fun, with the whole family again....

Constant swimming in our pool. Gets a bit old cause the kids wanna be in there all the time....lol

Probably hit the shore for an extended stay in a month or so OR go to our house in the Poconos for a week and relax and do some day trips. Might wait till mid August after my show......
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Hey steel,

In Brisbane Australia here ,our summers are long and hot. We have a ten and thirteen year old and are lucky enough to live on a canal about one km from one of the most beautiful marine parks outside of the great barrier reef called Morton bay. Weekends are normally jet skiing in the mornings on the bay then kids swim most of day. At sunset we go out on bay again have a BBQ for dinner and a few drinks on the boat. Kids fish for summer whiting which are tasty white fish they can catch in the dozens!

We are really lucky to have all the things we want to do right in our back yard and to live in a great climate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    "if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything..."

On board TEAM SKIP

Comment

Just returned from our 3 week stay in South of France, but you knew that already :-)
      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

We have "the river." Which is the Illinois River..not the cleanest, but a fun time. I don't have a boat but my friend has a nice 28' crownline...and who needs a boat when a friend has one.

But for the most part we chill on our or our neighbors deck, and listen to music and have some drinks.

We usually go to northern Wisconsin to Lake Chetek for a week of partying,fishing,boating...but not this summer.

We are going to Vegas for a few, St. Louis for a Cards game and a few other small trips....spending most of my summer doing home projects.
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Normally go up to manhattan Ks and go out to milford lake. Friends spend all their money on boats and things.. so its nice haha
          2012 Muscle Mayhem Novice Middleweight - 1st
          2012 Muscle Mayhem Open Middleweight - 1st

2013 Dallas Europa Open Light Heavyweight - 8th

Comment

Playas Mujeres, Mexico for a week in July. Ocean City, Maryland for a week in August. And a whole lot of outdoor dining in between. It's always nice when the restaurants open the patios and roof top lounges. I used to be a fall/winter fan but have grown to love the sun, sand, shorts and flip flops so much more.
            Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
              Just returned from our 3 week stay in South of France, but you knew that already :-)
              Well, how was your stay? I was glad to see that you got some good weather...
              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

We will be hitting the pool a lot (like most with kids do...). I think we will be going to a water park and then in August we will go to Myrtle Beach for a week ( usually do this the week of the 4th of July but couldn't this year)
                Joe

Contest History:
                2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
                2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
                2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
                2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
                2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
                2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

My son and I hit up the beaches and parks for South Walton, to Destin, to Pensacola Beach. Miniature Golf is my sons new favorite, it's $3 for adults and $1.50 for kids can't beat it. DEstin Commons is an outside mall with water fountains he loves it
                  For Training Inquiries go see the HNIC [email protected] anything else is uncivilized

Comment

Yearly Palm Dessert Trip

2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2433 View Post
                      Playas Mujeres, Mexico for a week in July. Ocean City, Maryland for a week in August. And a whole lot of outdoor dining in between. It's always nice when the restaurants open the patios and roof top lounges. I used to be a fall/winter fan but have grown to love the sun, sand, shorts and flip flops so much more.
                      Adam when are you heading to OCMD? Say it is late August after my show....
                      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Currently sitting (foot elevated) at my uncles lake house "chiling".
                        Like every other hillbillie we flock to myrtle beach. Go camping ,white water rafting, tubing, and canoeing,mountainbiking etc.

If any body is interested in white water rafting in souther WV hit me up if you need help with finding accommodations and agood company to raft with.
                        Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                        -John Ceasar

Comment

Daytime drinking at the bars in Huntington Beach, CA and if I'm up for a 2 hour commute, Santa Barbara, CA. Booze, boobies, beaches. Cost of living is expensive but for 3 damn good reasons.
                          Max Muscle
                          5020 Katella Ave.
                          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                            Adam when are you heading to OCMD? Say it is late August after my show....
                            I wanna say the 18th?? I'm not 100% sure but I think that's it. When is your show???
                            Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                              Daytime drinking at the bars in Huntington Beach, CA and if I'm up for a 2 hour commute, Santa Barbara, CA. Booze, boobies, beaches. Cost of living is expensive but for 3 damn good reasons.
                              My 3 favorite b's
                              Overtraining should be one of the lowest concerns. You should focus on optimal training.
                              -John Ceasar

Comment

Working...
                              X