So my wife deployed today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my wife deployed today.

She is on her way to Afghanistan right now. She's Air Force, but operating as army support due to her career field. This is our first deployment so I'm a little on edge. I feel like its my job as a man to be doing this kind of work and its hard to see my sweet innocent wife wearing full gear holding her M-4 with her M-9 strapped on front. So surreal.

To make matters a little more difficult. I'm stuck on an army post in Germany where I know pretty much nobody. Just me and my dog now for a while.

I'm just wondering how many of you have been through this and what techniques you used to cope.
    Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Hey Buddy,

I haven't been through it, but know that you can always call friends if you just need to shoot the shit, let it all out, or find a distraction...

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

That's tough bro. I never been thru it but my son in law just came home from there the beginning of May. Was there for a year. It wasn't easy on my daughter; they had a baby about 2 weeks before he left.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Lee. I have no advice because I've never been through that, but that is what friends and family are for.

BTW, has anyone ever told you that you look just like Ryan Reynolds?
        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
          Hey Buddy,

I haven't been through it, but know that you can always call friends if you just need to shoot the shit, let it all out, or find a distraction...

-S
          Thanks Scott. I will definitely be calling my friends over there. I'm assuming mornings are still best considering the time difference. Say between 8-10am?

It wasn't such a big deal when my day spent his past 5 years over there, but something about my wife going makes me worry and feel a little emasculated.
          Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
            Sorry to hear that Lee. I have no advice because I've never been through that, but that is what friends and family are for.

BTW, has anyone ever told you that you look just like Ryan Reynolds?
            I never got that until Sammich gave me a more deserving avatar. I like it though. If I would go gay for anyone, it's be Ryan Reynolds. Sammich would be #2 on my list. Something about those pouty lips.
            Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Lee, all I have offer is a little positive sentiment. Stay strong and know that she is going to be in good hands out in the field.

I work VERY closely with many forward deployed folks and I know if the poeple around here are anything like them you have nothing to worry about.

All the best Lee and stay sexy brother. If things fall through with Sammich, I'll be your shoulder to cry on.
              Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
              2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
              2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
                Lee, all I have offer is a little positive sentiment. Stay strong and know that she is going to be in good hands out in the field.

I work VERY closely with many forward deployed folks and I know if the poeple around here are anything like them you have nothing to worry about.

All the best Lee and stay sexy brother. If things fall through with Sammich, I'll be your shoulder to cry on.
                My logical brain (however undeveloped it may be) tells me all will be well and the experience will be of value to both of us. Sometimes emotions get the best of me though.

But, if Sammich isn't down for a warm weepy embrace, I will totally take you up on the offer!
                Lee Salado, E.P.A.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Salado View Post
                  Thanks Scott. I will definitely be calling my friends over there. I'm assuming mornings are still best considering the time difference. Say between 8-10am?

It wasn't such a big deal when my day spent his past 5 years over there, but something about my wife going makes me worry and feel a little emasculated.
                  Yep, that's a good time pretty much. Of course, don't let me get in the way of call to Froggie Love-Line.

-S
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

sorry to hear about news
                    on plus side my bro in law is in raf dog patrol
                    i wouldn't do his job for the world he's saved many lives and dogs have found loads but leash aint long enough for me (with bombs)
                    hes been bosnia iraq all over is now top man in dog handling 1 reason hes over
                    he doesn't talk about much but does say iraqs a walk in the park compared to there
                    this is his 3rd trip over(one reason hes top guy he gets drafted over more often)
                    hope everything goes well for your wife

Comment

I deploy a lot and I think getting by for me and my wife is probably applicable to you. You just make checkpoints; like weekend to weekend or pay check to pay check. Something you can always look forward to.

Then comes the keeping yourself busy part. I see that you're in Germany, are you able work? I know depending you might be able or not unless you want to pay German taxes. Either way, you workout so that will eat time. Hopefully you can Skype sometimes or use FaceTime (I think FaceTime has better quality over crappy military internet deployment wise)

Best of luck bro! Trust in her and her abilities!

Comment

Trust God. Hold to His Word. Email me or something. Cool?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn "Future" Bellon View Post
                          Trust God. Hold to His Word.
                          Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                          My vote's for this too. Don't know ya but will say a prayer for you and the Mrs.
                          TRUE PROTEIN Discount Code- CSH730

Comment

Been on the other side of that many times. Added up, I've been deployed for almost half of my 13 year career (Air Force). I would say be patient with your wife, first and foremost. Seen alot of spouses complain that they don't email or call enough. Life gets busy over there and it's a huge time difference. Hopefully she finds plenty of time for that though. Skype helps out alot and she should have that opportunity. There's also spouses groups you can get involved in which can help, especially if you guys have kids. Try not to focus on how many days are left. After you get through this one the next won't seem like such an eternity.

Being a military spouse is probably one of the hardest things there is. Much respect for supporting and sticking by her.
                            2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
                            2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
                            2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

Try to keep yourself busy. I know you probably train, but pick up another activity.... Golf, raquetball, something.... Sitting alone in your house will make you think think think...

Comment

Working...
                              X