No cell signal in my home again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cell signal in my home again

This last week while I was in Ohio I switched from Sprint to ATT as I couldn't take it any longer that my phone works like shit and I have waited to get the Galaxy Note forever, it seems.

I don't have any signal in my home for ATT like I did 3 years ago so this isn't going to work. They sell a microcell that boosts the signal quite a bit and before I buy it I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with one or if there was another option that was cheaper than 200 bucks for the microcell.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Hi skip,
    My roommate had the mini cell tower and he said it helped.

They actually gave it to him for free after he called and complained.

Hope this helps.

I read great reviews of the galaxy note!
    [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
    Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Like Mister said, you may be able to get the micro cell for free. I've heard it depends on where you live and how much you're spending (family plan, etc.). Even if they won't give it to you for free, they'll often knock off a good chunk of the price.

Especially since you're a new customer (and presumably within the time period when you could return the phone/cancel service) you might be able to use that as leverage when you're negotiating. If you haven't already, you might also make a few calls to customer service to document the problem so that it's in the file when you ask for the micro cell. Good luck!

Comment

I have 5 other lines to move to ATT from Sprint (one is tablet so 4 other cell phones) so those bastards will be getting about 500 a month from me. They should do a few other things for me that I have been short on this month.

Thanks for the heads up. I will see what I can get out of them. I might even just take everything back to a store here and act like I am returning it all and see if they are a little more willing to help, that way.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Skip, obviously you need a new home...lol
          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Why did you change from sprint to ATT?

Verizon>>>sprint>>>>>>>>>>>ATT

I have never found anyone happy with ATT

Comment

Skip if you dont have service there you can always move to NC so you can train me in person lol.

Comment

I love AT&T where I'm at.....hardly ever lose service anywhere I go (except Skip's, lol).

I can't believe you'd switch back Skip after they f'd you on your cancellations last time....that was bad business. You pay them for a service. If they can't provide that service, IMO that's cause to break contract.....better get on their ass and get that micro for free! Lol
                STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Steel you guys dont get verizon out there where you live? Verizon is the big thing where I am and I have service every where I go.

Comment

Cell carriers and how well they perform is pretty much based on location. It depends on towers, terrain, etc.. In Michigan, Sprint is terrible but here in the mountains I had yet to drop a call in I don't know how long.

ATT is great out here, too, but just not in my house based on how it sits - down in a ravine.

I have been waiting to get the Note because it is so big and can do everything I need my phone to do without having to get on a computer and Sprint has shitty phones and is almost a year behind everyone else so I switched primarily for the phone, itself.

Still, if I can't get the Microcell to work, I am going right back to Sprint.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      Cell carriers and how well they perform is pretty much based on location. It depends on towers, terrain, etc.. In Michigan, Sprint is terrible but here in the mountains I had yet to drop a call in I don't know how long.

ATT is great out here, too, but just not in my house based on how it sits - down in a ravine.

I have been waiting to get the Note because it is so big and can do everything I need my phone to do without having to get on a computer and Sprint has shitty phones and is almost a year behind everyone else so I switched primarily for the phone, itself.

Still, if I can't get the Microcell to work, I am going right back to Sprint.

Skip

Then pay a little more for an unlocked galaxy note on Ebay or Amazon and use it with your sprint service.
                      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Around here sprint drops every other call, Verizon and Tmobile are just as bad. I've been with ATT for 10 years and have always been happy with the service, both on my phone, and customer service. A buddy of mine that moved to Chicago to go to art school got ATT to give her a microcell in her apartment, it worked wonders.
                        …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by moparfreak360 View Post
                          Steel you guys dont get verizon out there where you live? Verizon is the big thing where I am and I have service every where I go.
                          Yeah, Verizon is big here too. I had Cingular and was very happy, then they merged with AT&T and the service was still great. Other than the customer service which I think blows, their service is solid....never really saw a need to switch....
                          STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

If Verizon is good Sprint should be good and visa versa... They use each others towers. If you are having poor reception with either make sure you have roaming enabled so it can contact the other ones network.
                            Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
                            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
                            Nicki Minaj

Comment

Shit.

Didn't even know this was an option.

Skip
                              Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
                              Then pay a little more for an unlocked galaxy note on Ebay or Amazon and use it with your sprint service.

Comment

Working...
                              X