bryce harper....yea he IS that good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryce harper....yea he IS that good.

Ok, so I had a thread a while ago after he got drafted. Cpl claims I made were that he would get more than Strauss, he is gonna be an all time HOF level great.... A mantle/Ruth type of talent, I also said that if he signed rt away that he would be up by the end of the next year and if he didn't he would be up by the end of the next....

I mentioned in another thread with Adam that I didn't realize they had slotted the draft (basically capping it) so I admitted to being 100% incorrect about the bonus. My bad because I wasn't up on the changes to the draft...now with that said.

One full year in the minors....

Up at 19....

On way to hall of fame!

Yes anything can happen. He could get hurt, he could get lazy...hell he could get hit by a car but with that said: The man-child will be rookie of the year (at 19) by the end of the year. He will drive in a hundred and hit 30+ by the end of this year. The nats said he was only up temporarily but they won't be able to send him down. He IS that good! Pure freak of freaks. I know there may not be a ton of baseball fans here BUT if you are a baseball fan and you get a chance to watch him play...do it cause someday you will tell your grand kids about it.

God I love that game.

Peace
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

I don't see anything anywhere that stands out to say he's God of the diamond. His stats are good, he looks like a solid player, but I don't anticipate any golden glow coming off of him when he takes the field. I think he'll be a solid addition to the full time major league roster, next year. This year, he'll be a utility player, called upon when needed, and then sent back down, to wait until he's either traded, or brought up full time.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

He won't be sent back down (if they have half a brain). He is 19 man... 19! Check back at the end of the year mark.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

I'm excited to see what he can put up over the course of a season though, like I said, he's a solid addition, hopefully he won't crumble in the stretch.
        …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

He's hitting pretty well, and it's super impressive for his age, but you're ahead of yourself a little bit. An .810 OPS is pretty nice, but like Mark said he hasn't come out like crazy. But yeah, Harper should be really, really good.

.....and while the whole baseball world is busting a nut over Bryce Harper, there's Mike Trout from the Angels who is just 20 years old, is playing in a much harder league and is playing much better than Harper. They've been ranked 1-2 in all prospect rankings for the last couple of years and they're each coming up at the same time so it'll be fun to compare the two. They each have the same amount of at-bats (103 for Harper, 106 for Trout) and Trout's got a 100 point advantage in OPS and he plays center field, a tougher position than Harper's and a position where offense is tougher to come by.

I forget if there's just one ROY or one for each league. If it's the latter, each will get an award but if it's the former it'll be a close one.

And Dunhill....care to make it interesting? Put the over/under on homer runs at 30 and I'll take the under. You wanna put something on the line here, as personally I don't think he hits 25. Even 20 might be pushing it, in my opinion. Nothing crazy, maybe 10 pounds of protein or something.
          Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by mark! View Post
            This year, he'll be a utility player, called upon when needed, and then sent back down, to wait until he's either traded, or brought up full time.
            There is not a chance in hell he will be traded this year. Zero. And he's going to be a full time player for Washington, they're in the running and they already brought him up so his arbitration clock is ticking. They'd have to do a lot of explaining to the fan-base if they shuttle him back down to AAA.
            Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

MLB broke it down to AL/NL ROY, so there's a chance he could still win ROY, even if Trout (my vote right now with Darvish) gets it.

I don't see him hitting 30 HR's, he may get 20, MAYBE.

Comment

MLB broke it down to AL/NL ROY, so there's a chance he could still win ROY, even if Trout (my vote right now with Darvish) gets it.

I don't see him hitting 30 HR's, he may get 20, MAYBE.
                Darvish is pitching really well and he's got the benefit of playing for a winning team so he will definitely be a favorite. It'll end up coming down to Trout and Darvish, but if I had a vote I'd go with the hitter. For starters, Darvish isn't really a rookie as he's had experience professionally in Japan(i know that shouldn't matter, but still...). But if Trout maintains his .900 OPS from center field with his plus defense, he's up there with some of the best players in the league. He may finish with a 20HR/30SB season, which is very impressive. Though, more than likely he'll end up with 15/30.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Darvish should not even be eligible...the voters kinda made that an unspoken rule when matsui didn't win it.
                  I will admit that 30 MAY be pushing it but I am sure he will break 20...almost certain on 25... I still say he only needs to have one hot streak to make 30 a real possibility. This is a kid that could hit 15 next month if he gets hot...I only see his numbers getting better as the year goes on.

I know people think I am way ahead of myself BUT when people said griff was gonna be a hall of famer or a-rod when they were still in the minors were those people jumping the gun or were they right? I'm in the NY area and people said jeter was gonna be a hall of famer by his second or third year.... With a bat in his hand Harper has more talent than anyone I have seen at anywhere near that age. Saw griff, a-rod, Albert, bonds, sosa, etc... All come up and haven't seen another like harper.

This is a kid you will be able to say "I saw Bruce harper..."

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                    Darvish should not even be eligible...the voters kinda made that an unspoken rule when matsui didn't win it.
                    So what rule did they not make when Suzuki or Sasaki(sp?) won it in the past? Both playing in more NPB games, and being older in age?

Matsui not winning was a shitty political card played by two overpowered writers. And even then, Matsui BARELY lost.

Not saying it's fair, or whatever, rules are rules and they clearly state MLB guidelines, not any other pro ball league. Sucks for young kids coming out of the minors getting beat out by 25-30 year old pro's from other places.
                    Last edited by mark!; 05-25-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                      I will admit that 30 MAY be pushing it but I am sure he will break 20...almost certain on 25... I still say he only needs to have one hot streak to make 30 a real possibility. This is a kid that could hit 15 next month if he gets hot...I only see his numbers getting better as the year goes on.

I know people think I am way ahead of myself BUT when people said griff was gonna be a hall of famer or a-rod when they were still in the minors were those people jumping the gun or were they right? I'm in the NY area and people said jeter was gonna be a hall of famer by his second or third year.... With a bat in his hand Harper has more talent than anyone I have seen at anywhere near that age. Saw griff, a-rod, Albert, bonds, sosa, etc... All come up and haven't seen another like harper.

This is a kid you will be able to say "I saw Bruce harper..."
                      I'm willing to put down some protein on 25 home runs, lol. But I agree on the gist of what you're saying, that this kid is even hanging in the bigs is pretty amazing at his age...the fact that he's been very productive is super-impressive.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                        I'm willing to put down some protein on 25 home runs, lol. But I agree on the gist of what you're saying, that this kid is even hanging in the bigs is pretty amazing at his age...the fact that he's been very productive is super-impressive.
                        I'd say right now, easily the best rookie in the NL, and top 3 in the majors.

Comment

I'd say right now, easily the best rookie in the NL, and top 3 in the majors.
                          If Brian LaHair of my Cubs had 7 fewer at bats two years ago when he was with Seattle he'd be far and away the best rookie in the NL so far. 10 HR, 21 RBI, 22 BB's with an OPS over 1.000 is unreal. He's an old player getting a shot, much like Ryan Howard was, and he's having an amazing debut as a Cub. Too bad the team sucks.

But as far as NL ROY, Harper is anything but the hands down winner. Yonder Alonso has been just as productive and he's been playing half of his games in Petco, so he's really been better thus far. Matt Carpenter from St. Louis has also been better than Harper.

But Wade Miley from the D-Backs is 5-1 in six starts with a 2.14 ERA. If they voted on NL ROY today, he'd get it.

Now, with all that said, Harper will more than likely be a far better player than each of those guys, but in terms of ROY for this season, Harper isn't the top choice. It doesn't matter how much more impressive his production is, production is production and right now he hasn't produced more for his team than those other guys. But there's a long season so he'll probably end up overtaking them assuming they regress and he better adjusts to big league pitching....unless they adjust to him.

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

So what rule did they not make when Suzuki or Sasaki(sp?) won it in the past? Both playing in more NPB games, and being older in age?

Matsui not winning was a shitty political card played by two overpowered writers. And even then, Matsui BARELY lost.

Not saying it's fair, or whatever, rules are rules and they clearly state MLB guidelines, not any other pro ball league. Sucks for young kids coming out of the minors getting beat out by 25-30 year old pro's from other places.

Yea its happened in the past but I don't see it happening again. There was outrage every time its happened since nomo and it was insane when sazuki won...that was a joke. I just think there are enough writers that think its wrong that it will have to be such a landslide for a Japanese player to ever win it again.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by dakoose View Post
                              I'll make a bragging rights or gentlemans bet but I won't be anything on line. Sorry but its just foolish to me. Hell instead of protein powder you can quote me saying I was wrong in your Sig!! Lol.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                              X