Hurrican Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurrican Prep

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know I won't be around much over the next few days. I am going to prep my house for this storm and maybe consider leaving the area.

This area still hasn't fully recovered from Hurricane Charley, and power fixes they did were patches at best and they haven't got around to fixing all the "patches" correctly; so as a result, the power companies are expecting massive power outages across Central Florida that last upwards of 14 days. All the weather people are saying there will be massive flooding as well. Hurricane Frances is expected to drop approximately 20" of rain.

For those who don't know how big this storm is let me say it covers the entire State of Florida. Hurricane force winds (excess of 75 mph) reachout 80 miles from the eye of the storm and then there are still Tropical Storm force winds that reach out as far as 160 miles.

The storm has slowed down and is expected to gain strength. Keep your fingers crossed because this storm is going to tear some stuff up!!!
    "Well done is better than well said"

:rocker:

I can't imagine going through that...All you people down in Florida take care and be safe..
    Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Wow GnB, ya'll stay safe. I was watching the news last night & they were saying this is the most powerful storm to hit the U.S. since 1935. It may end up being the most powerful storm ever in U.S. history. I can't imagine what ya'll are going through. Don't worry about us here, we're all worrying about ya'll. Stay safe, stay on high ground & come back to us when the flood waters have receded. :smooch:
      Greek women, we may be lambs in the kitchen, but we are tigers in the bedroom.

MOD @ www.proactivehealthnet.com

Comment

stay safe bro! You and the fam are welcome to come up here to hide out if you like!
        -KidRok-
        "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
        5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

GNB, ya'll be safe down there.

If you need a place to stay, we have room here in Texas. Seriously, if we can help, we will. Just let us know.
          CrossFit Champions
          Champions Combat Arts

Comment

You guys (and gals) are very generous!!! I can't tell you what it means to have you offer me and my family a place to stay. You are all greatly appreciated!

Latest and greatest on the Hurricane Frances; news people are saying it is tracking right for Central Florida (Orlando), but all areas will be effected due to the size of this storm. Hurricane forces winds will reach out as far as 80-90 miles which is almost all the way across Florida. I know SM is very close to the coast and we are only 36 miles from the coast ourselves. This storm has slowed down which may cause it to gain strength, but it also means the storm will be over the areas in it's path for 10-12 hours. That translates into some MAJOR damage.

We will be crossing our fingers, planning for the worst, and praying for the best.

Thanks again to everyone.

GB

Comment

I really feel for the coastal folks. They are going to get hit hard!! There are mandatory evacuations for many of those areas. This is going to be really bad for our State.

Comment

best of luck man hope you get through this unscaved

Comment

Seriously, GnB, if ya'll need a place to stay, we've got the room. Please stay safe. Lock everything down. Take care.
                  "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                  Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

GNB - Take care of yourself and family. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you and everyone in Fla.

Comment

Praying for you, GB. This has been a terrible hurricane season. Just hope you can be safe and survive it intact. Best to you and your family.

Comment

Good luck to GB, SM, and all of our Florida members. Just get out early, traffic will surely be piled up for days.
                        [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                        Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

You are all in our prayers down here too !
                          Stay Hard and Get Huge !

Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe

Comment

Take care Will be thinking of you and your family and all those down there.

Comment

I really hope it could just take a turn for the good and suddently die down to a tropical storm, by some kind act of GOD, I really don't think anyone deserves this kind of trouble. Mother nature is something we must continue to fear from time to time, shes one powerful women.
                              Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Working...
                              X