Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Fucked Up (Teacher Picking on Autistic Kid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Fucked Up (Teacher Picking on Autistic Kid)

Teacher picks on Autistic Kid; dad captures it by sending kid to school with a wire. Dad posts some of the audio online w/his commentary. Dad is not looking to sue, wants public apology.

Saw this posted at reddit (the original) the other day:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfkscHt96R0&feature=colike[/youtube]

and the dad's second video
    (context: the school district claimed to have fired the teacher; they didn't)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oYqdjzFMWE&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

even my fiance--who is going to be a teacher, thought this woman should be fired.

It's a bad thing that happened, but imo the dad at least on the first video is really playing it up and dramatizing it. I don't know any criteria for teaching disabled kids, and it did seem like the lady was very harsh in her tone and some words, but the way he dramatized it, I thought she was gonna be beating him with a wooden spoon or something...Granted she was totally wrong, I just feel like he really wants to be in the limelight.....
    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

She should have never called the child names...she should be suspended for that. She should not have spoken about inappropriate stuff in class (but we only hear the drinking comment... Not the other stuff he says was talked about).

With all that said... I do not like this father. His affect, tone, mannerisms, etc... Denote acting and drama, not outrage.

My question to the father is this...
      If he was so outraged, upset, angry, hurt, etc... Buy what was said to his son and the culture at the school that allowed it to occur (he claims multiple people were involved, even though I can swear I hear the aid say "stop" several times) ....where did his kid attend school the next day, week, month, months? If this is about protecting his child, why send him back to that school?

Understand I am not defending certain comments ... But instead I am questioning his actions and intent.
      Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
      Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
      Nicki Minaj

Comment

I was typing while steel was posting....agree.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
        Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
          It's a bad thing that happened, but imo the dad at least on the first video is really playing it up and dramatizing it. I don't know any criteria for teaching disabled kids, and it did seem like the lady was very harsh in her tone and some words, but the way he dramatized it, I thought she was gonna be beating him with a wooden spoon or something...Granted she was totally wrong, I just feel like he really wants to be in the limelight.....
          Agreed. I think that some of the responses (burn the witch style) are a bit much and he may be fame-whoring.

On the other hand, the lady needs to just apologize already. For me, the fact that it was only one day of audio made it worse, because if that was all he'd found from a week, I'd think it was less common, but this makes me think "well this probably wasn't even her worst day"

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
            I am questioning his actions and intent.
            This is my issue with it too. Teacher is 100% wrong, but that doesn't mean the father can't be a little wrong too.

Comment

Literally was watching this and at the same time it came up on the news lol... Weird. i agree though, the dad definitely dramatized it and Its just like, probably should take the kid out of the school if it he felt it was that bad. Yeah, they were wrong for treating the kid that way but he definitely went HAM on making it a huge deal.
              2012 Muscle Mayhem Novice Middleweight - 1st
              2012 Muscle Mayhem Open Middleweight - 1st

2013 Dallas Europa Open Light Heavyweight - 8th

Comment

Originally posted by youngbb View Post
                Agreed. I think that some of the responses (burn the witch style) are a bit much and he may be fame-whoring.

On the other hand, the lady needs to just apologize already. For me, the fact that it was only one day of audio made it worse, because if that was all he'd found from a week, I'd think it was less common, but this makes me think "well this probably wasn't even her worst day"
                My guess is that this WAS the worst day. No, I don't know for sure and that doesn't excuse what was said BUT does anyone REALLY believe THIS GUY taped one day and that's it? My guess is that this was the worst day he could find.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                  My guess is that this WAS the worst day. No, I don't know for sure and that doesn't excuse what was said BUT does anyone REALLY believe THIS GUY taped one day and that's it? My guess is that this was the worst day he could find.
                  this is a good point. I have no idea, but definitely a possibility.

Comment

I kind of doubt it was a one time thing. Why else would the guy decide to put a recorder on his son in the first place? My guess is it was an ongoing situation that led the dad to investigate what goes on during class.
                    My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

Comment

http://www.hnva.net/chaifetzforcongress.html

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                        Agree 100%.

I was expecting much worse from his tone. Granted, calling an autistic kid a bastard in class is definitely grounds for a firing or at the very least unpaid suspension.

What school was this? I am from Cherry Hill.

Comment

Latest news on this allstar dad... He gave the full name of the WRONG TEACHER IN HIS LATEST VIDEO!!! Now someone has a lawsuit!

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Parents are teachers, I'm certified to teach in Texas so let me shed some light. What the teacher did was bad and wrong, but I'll be honest and say its probably not even enough to suspend her for it. Only things she did really wrong were talk about partying (not a big deal and teachers say alot worse) and calling him a bastard. Calling him a bastard could be grounds for termination but not likely. Teacher should just be transferred campuses and require to complete more training (teachers need continuing Ed hours).
                            The biggest thing is that the boy is autistic, was alled bastard, and IEP wasn't followed. These are the major roles of this, not folllowing an IEP can be a lawsuit (also calling him a bastard) and daddy should Take this route.
                            I don't really have a problem with the other things the teachers had said, the asking to see him is not a big deal and the other one could be taken out of context.
                            Now I've seen teachers cuss out kids, wrestle kids, I know a teacher who was caught twice with minors in high school, I've seen coaches choke players, I know of older kids upper elementary molesting kindergarten kids (pencils up there ass among other things). There are alot worse things happening in schools than hungover teachers being irritable.

Comment

Another note, if the school hasn't fired her he has to sue, they're basically asking him to sue them.

Comment

Working...
                              X