Acesulfame potassium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acesulfame potassium

Acesulfame potassium is used in some whey protein isolates. I looked up American Whey's isolate and it contains this ''potentially''? harmful ingredient. Does anyone know if Truenutrion's whey protein isolate contains this? I would like to hear from some vets to know if this is even something to worry about, or if you avoid it as well. Its important to note that I use a lot of whey protein isolate as a protein replacement in many of my meals. Thanks guys! :llama:
    :preach:

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
    Acesulfame potassium is used in some whey protein isolates. I looked up American Whey's isolate and it contains this ''potentially''? harmful ingredient. Does anyone know if Truenutrion's whey protein isolate contains this? I would like to hear from some vets to know if this is even something to worry about, or if you avoid it as well. Its important to note that I use a lot of whey protein isolate as a protein replacement in many of my meals. Thanks guys! :llama:
    The premade products like Karboload and nDure have it, and I would assume the proteins do as well (the premium). Don't quote me on that though. It is also in all diet sodas, used to balance the aspartame to mimic the taste of sugar.

EDIT: They do. http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1029-...-50-grams.aspx
    Last edited by Quadriceps; 04-23-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Ah ha! Thanks. So i'm ingesting a lot of this stuff. I'll just pray that it isn't going to give me cancer and live with the risks. I will also try and cut down on my protein powder use a bit.

Comment

Do you have any reliable info on possible carcinogenic effects of the sweetener?

Comment

I just wiki'd it and it says they need to conduct further studies to see if any of the rats that had cancer were the result of ace-k. So no, I guess i don't lol. Not certain if anything conclusive has been found at all.

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
            I just wiki'd it and it says they need to conduct further studies to see if any of the rats that had cancer were the result of ace-k. So no, I guess i don't lol. Not certain if anything conclusive has been found at all.
            Also:
            -Rats
            -Does it say anything about dosage?

Comment

Ya them more I look into it the less harmful it appears to be. Apparently these rats took enough ace k to equal the amount in 1,000 cans of diet soda every day and still had no conclusive evidence of them getting cancer from it.

Comment

This stuff also seems to create an insulin response but the report i saw lists the amounts at 150mg/kg and 20mg/kg and I can't find any good information how much of this stuff is actually in products like diet pop.

Don't want to think you're minimizing insulin response by eating low carb and then spiking your insulin throughout the day with your protein drinks.

Comment

Working...
                X