X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mark!
    replied
    In my vast experience with people during their darkest moments in life, those who have negative opinions of what we do are the ones who get dealt with, are "unlucky", being "profiled", and getting "picked on".

No sir, we didn't force you to drive drunk for the 3rd time, or force you to beat on your old lady. You're not getting profiled because you were speeding, or you failed to signal your turn properly. Most people think cops are being dicks because they approach people with a stern attitude, or because they're not all polite when dealing with a person that got called in for assault, or a person with a gun call. Sorry if we don't mind our P's and Q's when talking to you when we just got called out because you were waving a gun around on your front porch in your underwear.

And for what it's worth, I'd never work, live, travel, think about being in Jersey, or Philly. Or most places up north just because of their idiotic gun laws and politicians.

Leave a comment:

• lhart6272
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
    Cop seemed like a nervous idiot that didn't know the law. Hands in pockets etc. You need guns if that is "protecting" you.
    I agree to a point, but at least he knew when to back down and didn't escalated the situation further.

Did everyone miss the part about marijuana being to blame?

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSkull View Post
    Cop seemed like a nervous idiot that didn't know the law. Hands in pockets etc. You need guns if that is "protecting" you.
    Lol....I don't know how the law reads in every state, but I'm pretty sure that you do need to show an officer your carrying card if you are indeed carrying a weapon.....However, where I live, there are not many people who are able to carry, so rest assured, had that happened here, that guy would have been shot more than likely...lol. Maybe not shot unless he pulled it out, but his ass would have been dropped and the weapon would have been off him quickly, and his ass would have been in jail....I know people who carry, like Skip has stated that he does, so maybe he could clarify what the procedure is....

Leave a comment:

• RedSkull
    replied
    Originally posted by p2geo View Post
    [YOUTUBE]0En_sdsyh1M[/YOUTUBE]

Dun, would you consider this guy a good or a bad cop?

Personally I would have arrested this guy for being a smart ass. He is lucky he wasnt shot.

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
    First I don't remember every detail of that thread so if you could link it... I would appreciate it BUT with that said... It is drastically different. An agent of the state, who is obliged to hold all others to the laws of this land should not break those laws. His job is to enforce the laws of the land.... That's what I expect from him/her.

As I said I don't remember the details of that thread BUT I have said many a time that I would take such actions, I would hope the jury understood what jury nullification was and hope they exercised their rt under the law to find me not guilty...regardless of my actual innocence or guilt. I've also said that if convicted that I would accept my punishment.

As I said though....that thread I don't really recall in detail.
    You mean to tell me that if a dad killed this guy it's ok, but not a cop, cause he is an officer of the law? If you think that the law should be upheld, then this dad shoulda got life in prison, regardless of the circumstances....The way you have been talking about civil rights and such, then even the PEDOPHILE has the same rights as you and I, and therefore should not have been killed, and his killer shoulda gotten life, like any other murderer.....Do you see the flaw in your logic? You want everyone who is enforcing the law to be perfect, but when a "normal" guy is not, we may be able to let him off the hook because his emotions got the best of him.....

This is what I am talking about...people doing things that may be wrong, but for the right reasons....why would a cop be any different than anyone else?

And really, we aren't even talking about cops doing questionable things to put assholes away....the thread started and you immediately had issues with cops, what they did, how you've seen them act, etc......Again, your interaction with police must have been much more negative than mine....I was locked up for domestic violence in 2004, had about 10 cops take me to the ground in front of my kids, and I will only say that one acted like an asshole....but in the end, I was obviously wrong anyway...In fact, I still talk to one guy every once and awhile, cause he was SO cool down at processing and we had so many common interests that we exchanged numbers....He doesn't look at me like I was ever a criminal, and he treated me with the utmost respect, on probably one of my darkest days.....

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    This is where you are wrong and being unfair. Yours is not the only opinion that can be had and had strongly. My opinion on this subject has been consistent in this thread and many others...for you to claim I am arguing to argue would denote that.... one, I don't hold my opinion strongly or even at all and/or.... two, that I am inconsistent on this subject. Both of those are not true. I accept your view, though I disagree. I respect your opinion and have not been dismissive of it.... Is it a lot to ask for the same? Call me on any inconsistency I ever have, I'm fine with that.... They will be hard to find though.
    How can I be wrong when I am entitled to my opinion, and I'm not being unfair, at all.....You can have your opinion Dunhill....But I am strong on mine as well....You keep rebutting MY posts telling me why you disagree with ME...so who is arguing? I have an opinion, and you have an opinion...we obviously have them for different reasons thru different experiences....I'm not being dismissive of your view, it's just that it's not the way I view this subject. You are more than entiteled to having your own opinion....I'm simply telling you what I believe and how I feel about this subject....to me, that's not open for debate. I will only feel the way I feel....My whole premise is that people who have had alot of run ins with the police look at police MUCH differently than people who have not had those same run ins.....

People who get food poisoning from a food joint will probably have bad things to say, but others may love the place....This really is a matter of opinions here, that's all....I stand by my reasoning that I have NO problems with cops using any means necessary to get the scum of this earth behind bars....And no, that does not mean the casual AAS user Dun, that means violent gang bangers, pedophiles, illicit drug dealers, junkies who go robbing houses to support their habit....Yes, I guess it's a double standard, but life is a double standard at times....I feel much safer with cops around me willing to get the scum off the streets than I do with the scum closing in around me, that's for sure....It's a good deterrent for the assholes to see that cops are gonna do what it takes to keep the good citizens safe.....

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
    Dunhill a while back I posted a video of a father who shot the man who raped his son, right in front of police offers. In the eyes of the law, the father should have spent years in prison but he got off with a 10 year probation. You argued that it was ok and justice was served. How is what Steel is saying any different?
    First I don't remember every detail of that thread so if you could link it... I would appreciate it BUT with that said... It is drastically different. An agent of the state, who is obliged to hold all others to the laws of this land should not break those laws. His job is to enforce the laws of the land.... That's what I expect from him/her.

As I said I don't remember the details of that thread BUT I have said many a time that I would take such actions, I would hope the jury understood what jury nullification was and hope they exercised their rt under the law to find me not guilty...regardless of my actual innocence or guilt. I've also said that if convicted that I would accept my punishment.

As I said though....that thread I don't really recall in detail.

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
    It's not different....It's just that Dun holds people in positions of power to HIGHER standards that are reasonable....If ANY man can act on his emotions, isn't it safe to say that cops are no different? They are human beings just like any of us....This is just Dun arguing to argue....AGAIN......
    This is where you are wrong and being unfair. Yours is not the only opinion that can be had and had strongly. My opinion on this subject has been consistent in this thread and many others...for you to claim I am arguing to argue would denote that.... one, I don't hold my opinion strongly or even at all and/or.... two, that I am inconsistent on this subject. Both of those are not true. I accept your view, though I disagree. I respect your opinion and have not been dismissive of it.... Is it a lot to ask for the same? Call me on any inconsistency I ever have, I'm fine with that.... They will be hard to find though.

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    Originally posted by SkinnyMike42 View Post
    Dunhill a while back I posted a video of a father who shot the man who raped his son, right in front of police offers. In the eyes of the law, the father should have spent years in prison but he got off with a 10 year probation. You argued that it was ok and justice was served. How is what Steel is saying any different?
    It's not different....It's just that Dun holds people in positions of power to HIGHER standards that are reasonable....If ANY man can act on his emotions, isn't it safe to say that cops are no different? They are human beings just like any of us....This is just Dun arguing to argue....AGAIN......

Leave a comment:

• steel1970
    replied
    So the answer was??

Is it ok to plant evidence cause you THINK someone is using or selling gear?

You say they have to have a reason to get that close.... I wish I could explain how often people get pulled over for DWB. I have been in the car and had it happen....hell I've been pulled over cause the cop ASSUMED I was DWB when he saw my car and after pulling me over...they let me drive away rt away

Just remember man, their "reason" can be whatever they want. See if you just had words with a dude that was a cop and he looked at you and said "I'm gonna fuck him" all anyone else is gonna see or hear is "yo, that big tall dude at the gym got busted for selling gear" or "that big tall guy that stops in for lunch just got busted with steroids....big surprise huh?"...etc... It's just the whole "I don't break the law so I'm good" attitude works great....until a cop goes after you.

As I said, I can appreciate the emotions and the thought process....just not the reality in the big picture

BTW, talk to anyone there that knows the whole story behind what happened to and at the Franklin house back in the day and you may think twice about the whole vandetta thing. Cops got kicked out for grabbing on girls... Half hour later every bouncer was arrested and the place shut down... Cause cops thought they could do as they please.

Just an example and not all cops.
    I guess the reality is this: I have had nothing but good interactions with police officers. Yes, I have gotten tickets and been pissed. I've even been arrested a few times for fights and even domestic violence when I was younger, but that never made me formulate a NEGATIVE opinion of cops....Instead, I respected them for dealing with me in the right fashion....There was one out of about 15 different officers that I dealt with that I'd like to take behind the woodshed, but looking back, I was wrong anyway....

It's obvious that your dealings with police have not been as positive as mine....by your own admissions, you've had drug issues and other bad things in your past....That really is the direction that MOST people with a past such as yours take.....It's not surprising to me at all really, as my brother has the same type attitude as you regarding most cops, and his past is similar to yours....

I feel the way that I feel, and I own my opinions, and I feel strongly about everything I've said....this is a dead conversation as far as I'm concerned, because you just aren't gonna change the way I feel, at all.....Now if I do indeed get railroaded by the local cops cause they suspect me of using AAS cause I'm SO huge, then maybe my opinions will change...but for the most part, I've been a law abiding citizen, and I certainly don't think I'll have any problems.....

Leave a comment:

• SkinnyMike42
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lhart6272
    replied
    For clarification, I have often lived a lifestyle that put me at odds with "the law".
    I have felt with the police more than I care to admit.

But honestly I've learned to treat them with respect, gone out of my way to make them feel safe ie keep my hands on the wheel, informed them of anything they needed to know about in the vehicle,and told them the truth if I had been dui, etc. Everytime I've behaved in afore mention manner I've been sent on my merry way with at most a warning for shit that could have locked me up.

That being said I think both individuals in said video handled themselves well within thier rights.

Leave a comment:

• lhart6272
    replied
    Originally posted by p2geo View Post
    You don't think someone intentionally open carrying a firearm infront of a police officer just to prove a point is being a smartass? Or when the officer asked for a driver license stating he wasn't driving a motor vehicle?
    No. I think it is called being a free man.

Leave a comment:

• p2geo
    replied
    Originally posted by lhart6272 View Post
    I didn't here any one be a smart Ass.
    Police seemed to be a good cop to me. He handled a bad situation as best as could be.....
    You don't think someone intentionally open carrying a firearm infront of a police officer just to prove a point is being a smartass? Or when the officer asked for a driver license stating he wasn't driving a motor vehicle?

Leave a comment:

• thedunhill225
    replied
    So the answer was??

Is it ok to plant evidence cause you THINK someone is using or selling gear?

You say they have to have a reason to get that close.... I wish I could explain how often people get pulled over for DWB. I have been in the car and had it happen....hell I've been pulled over cause the cop ASSUMED I was DWB when he saw my car and after pulling me over...they let me drive away rt away

Just remember man, their "reason" can be whatever they want. See if you just had words with a dude that was a cop and he looked at you and said "I'm gonna fuck him" all anyone else is gonna see or hear is "yo, that big tall dude at the gym got busted for selling gear" or "that big tall guy that stops in for lunch just got busted with steroids....big surprise huh?"...etc... It's just the whole "I don't break the law so I'm good" attitude works great....until a cop goes after you.

As I said, I can appreciate the emotions and the thought process....just not the reality in the big picture

BTW, talk to anyone there that knows the whole story behind what happened to and at the Franklin house back in the day and you may think twice about the whole vandetta thing. Cops got kicked out for grabbing on girls... Half hour later every bouncer was arrested and the place shut down... Cause cops thought they could do as they please.

Just an example and not all cops.
    Last edited by thedunhill225; 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X