Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sahd, I have to admit I am not always the biggest fan of cops...especially the suburban variety.... (numerous reasons) but I give you mad credit for one simple line in your post "that's hard to defend". Many cops here refuse to even entertain the thought that a cop is ever in the wrong!

I have a question though.... Do all tasers with cameras work as you describe? I was under the impression that the ones approved in NJ start recording as soon as they are drawn or taken out of their holster so do those not exist? Am I wrong in my perception? Cause in all honesty I can actually understand not wanting one that only records when fired cause it won't tell the story of what was actually going on.

I gotta look up which particular brands are approved to see what it says about then.

Peace.
    Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
    Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
    Nicki Minaj

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
      Sahd, I have to admit I am not always the biggest fan of cops...especially the suburban variety.... (numerous reasons) but I give you mad credit for one simple line in your post "that's hard to defend". Many cops here refuse to even entertain the thought that a cop is ever in the wrong!

I have a question though.... Do all tasers with cameras work as you describe? I was under the impression that the ones approved in NJ start recording as soon as they are drawn or taken out of their holster so do those not exist? Am I wrong in my perception? Cause in all honesty I can actually understand not wanting one that only records when fired cause it won't tell the story of what was actually going on.

I gotta look up which particular brands are approved to see what it says about then.

Peace.
      I think it's very easy for cops to get defensive about any actions they may take during the course of their day, during their interactions with violent individuals....For the most part, I think the majority of cops are decent people, but they are human, just like we all are. Emotions and frustration can come into play with anyone who is indeed in the human race, that is the reality....Yes, there are some dickhead cops, but there are lots of dickhead people you meet everyday...I don't see why being a cop would exclude anyone from being a dickhead....

IMO, it comes down to responsibility...Most cops DO know where to draw the line and they walk that line...Still, some may go over it, and others protect them when it happens. This is human nature. Another reality is that there isn't another job where you can go to work and maybe not come home to your family that nite due to the violence of another person. There are other dangerous jobs, but none like that of a cop...Until someone has been a cop, we really don't know what they deal with on a day to day basis, and we don't know the amount of stress that they live with everyday...There is a reason why cops are among the highest suicide and divorce rates of any job.....

What I don't agree with is the cops who go thru school and life with a grudge against everyone because they were bullied, picked on, beat up, whatever, then in turn become the big man with the gun, and now people must listen to them and respect them....I have no time for that, and I actually know quite a few....
      STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Thanks steel....
        2005 HOA Natural Classic
        2006 OCB Midwest
        2007 ABA Natural Illinois
        2008 HOA Natural Classic
        NPC Mid-Illinois
        NPC Midwest Open
        NPC Natural Grand Prix
        2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
        USPA Illinois State
        NGA Heart of America
        NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

Originally posted by breck View Post
          Thanks steel....
          No problem Breck....I would actually be a cop right now if I hadn't fucked my life up with bad decisions when I was 18.....Lots of regret there...I respect the guys who do the job because they love helping others. That is why I wanted to do the job....
          STEEL

Comment

" What I don't agree with is the cops who go thru school and life with a grudge against everyone because they were bullied, picked on, beat up, whatever, then in turn become the big man with the gun, and now people must listen to them and respect them....I have no time for that, and I actually know quite a few...."

I dont disagree with mist of what you have said (disagree about good cops defending bad cops though) but I just think we have different opinions on the percentages.

I also think many city cops become cops to help, because they want to contribute and make their city better... I think most suburban cops become cops cause its "a good job".

Again, nothing I said is meant towards "all".... There are some great cops everywhere...but to many bad ones everywhere.

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
            Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, and we all know that you have one, lol, but I think the good cops FAR outweigh the bad cops. As far as suburban cops just looking at it as a job, it's those jobs that pay FAR more than inner city jobs. You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in Philly, Camden, Newark, etc.....they don't pay SHIT, and you're getting fucking shot at all the time....it would never be worth it to me....

And not a shot at you, but in general, I think that most people who have a dislike for cops do so because they spent time on the other side of the law....most people realize its a very stressful job, and also MOST people in general could not DO the job....
              STEEL

Comment

The one thing that I feel is being missed in my point about cops protecting other cops....if you played on a football team, and one of your teammates took a cheap shot that started a brawl, would you not help him because he was wrong, or would you help him because he's your teammate? I know the circumstances will be infinitely different, but the concept is the same, "protect our own"......we are taught this at an early age thru sports or even with defending our siblings. Right or wrong flies out the window sometimes, it's just the way it is.....what I'm saying is that cops are people too, just like everyone else....NO ONE is above letting their emotions get in the way of good judgement and true friends protect their own in most cases, right or wrong.....
                STEEL

Comment

What other job are you hated because of the uniform you wear? military is the only other one. We are shot at just for the patch on our shoulder,nothing else...and yes that has happened, luckily the bullet hit the squad car and lodged there.
                  2005 HOA Natural Classic
                  2006 OCB Midwest
                  2007 ABA Natural Illinois
                  2008 HOA Natural Classic
                  NPC Mid-Illinois
                  NPC Midwest Open
                  NPC Natural Grand Prix
                  2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
                  USPA Illinois State
                  NGA Heart of America
                  NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

See steel this is where I will disagree big time. My exs uncle was a chief of police and NOTHING pissed him off like bad cops. He would go on and on about the problems they cause, how they hurt other cops, how cops can't complain about how they are treated by the public if they defend cops that abuse the publics trust, etc...

I am a pretty strict right and wrong type of person and it caused problems in my own family before. A relative that I knew well was accused of a pretty horrible crime... It was pretty obvious he did it... Well when the family was all together everyone was discussing crap like sticking together, no one should be negative, etc... Well they had major problems with me cause I said "if he did it, he should rot in jail and never see the light of day again" ... After getting much shit from a cpl people I continued that WHOEVER did it should be taken out to the woods and put down. Right is right and wrong is wrong....my opinion will not change based on who does wrong.

I gotta add Steel that many things went into forming my opinion on cops. To give you a cpl of examples from by where you live.... When I worked at JG cooks in pitman half the glassboro cops would come in and get hammered (this was after they got in trouble for drinking at mainstreet after work)... When I was at cap-n-cats the Clayton cops would come in and get hammered all the time... The maplshade cops used to go to mossistown pub or hays elbow room and get trashed.....etc..... I have heard every single one of then talk about how they can drink and drive, heard MANY threaten people in the bar cause they are cops, etc... Could keep going..... Again there are PLENTY of good cops but to many bad ones.
                    No one should ever stand by and watch bad people do bad things and do nothing.... Cop, teacher, taxicab driver, etc... Don't matter. Cops SHOULD be held to a higher standard, more should be.expected from them.

Again...I don't hate cops...I hate bad people. Bad people with power are even worse.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Well, we will disagree then....I don't hold anyone to a higher standard, just the same standard that you and I are held to. I confess, that if I was indeed a cop, I would hold MYSELF to a higher standard, because I would choose to lead by example, but no, not everyone will do that.....as far as not liking BAD cops, I'm not saying that at all....yes, they need to be held accountable if they do something serious. What I'm saying is that I completely understand them sticking together.....and wrong or right I would probably do the same thing, depending on the severity of things....you will have whole city blocks lying about the force that a cop uses, but then when the cops try to protect each other, it's a big thing.....And to be honest with you, wrong as it is, I'd rather see a cop do something totally the wrong way if it put a dealer or other scumbag away, than see my kids get approached by a drug dealer or pedophile..... Sometimes you gotta play outside the rules to make progress and protect the good people.....this is MY opinion.....no, it's not gonna mesh with everyone's, but it is mine nonetheless.....
                      Last edited by steel1970; 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM.
                      STEEL

Comment

This is gonna turn into a constitutional thread...lol...

How in the world can you expect your rights to be protected if you allow others rights to be trampled upon? Steel, trust me I DO understand the sentiment and I don't know if that is more of an emotional reply or if you believe that 100% but the gov, nor any agent of the gov, has any right to pick and choose whose rights they choose to protect and whose rights they choose to trample upon. It is a safe thing to say when you don't believe they are after you....but if I'm not mistaken you are a business owner (or were.... I could be wrong though) and if you are you may believe you are honest with your taxes...or as honest as you SHOULD BE but let's be real... You know you can tear apart the books of any biz and find tax problems/questions.... Now if your biz was being audited would you like the irs to be able to choose which rights of yours they can violate (may be bad example cause the IRS can do as it pleases)... The point just is that we can't (or shouldn't) pick and choose who is protected and who isn't...who gets their rights violated and who doesn't. Our constitution has been slowly destroyed by that philosophy

If police want (and for their job, NEED) a certain level of respect then they should perform to a certain standard....they should demand a certain standard from themselves and their peers.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Oh, but the IRS does pick and choose Dun....it's not as random as one thinks. They go after some and leave others alone.....

It wasn't an emotional response, it's how I feel. I know that I am protected because I am on the right side of the law.....I hold cops to a high standard, as I hold ALL people to a high standard.....cops make mistakes just like others do. And I have ZERO problem with cops doing what the gotta do, shady or not, to take out the trash....too much trash in this world and far too many times the trash is getting away with murder.....like it or not, that's how I feel.....you complain about seeing too many bad cops, I'm complaining about seeing too many bad PEOPLE......I really could care less if cops plant dope on a known dealer who pollutes our schools, and I have no problem if a prison guard turns his back when a pedophile gets attacked in prison.....in a system as flawed as ours, sometimes justice is shady......
                          STEEL

Comment

Originally posted by thedunhill225 View Post
                            See steel this is where I will disagree big time. My exs uncle was a chief of police and NOTHING pissed him off like bad cops. He would go on and on about the problems they cause, how they hurt other cops, how cops can't complain about how they are treated by the public if they defend cops that abuse the publics trust, etc...

I am a pretty strict right and wrong type of person and it caused problems in my own family before. A relative that I knew well was accused of a pretty horrible crime... It was pretty obvious he did it... Well when the family was all together everyone was discussing crap like sticking together, no one should be negative, etc... Well they had major problems with me cause I said "if he did it, he should rot in jail and never see the light of day again" ... After getting much shit from a cpl people I continued that WHOEVER did it should be taken out to the woods and put down. Right is right and wrong is wrong....my opinion will not change based on who does wrong.
                            I gotta add Steel that many things went into forming my opinion on cops. To give you a cpl of examples from by where you live.... When I worked at JG cooks in pitman half the glassboro cops would come in and get hammered (this was after they got in trouble for drinking at mainstreet after work)... When I was at cap-n-cats the Clayton cops would come in and get hammered all the time... The maplshade cops used to go to mossistown pub or hays elbow room and get trashed.....etc..... I have heard every single one of then talk about how they can drink and drive, heard MANY threaten people in the bar cause they are cops, etc... Could keep going..... Again there are PLENTY of good cops but to many bad ones.
                            No one should ever stand by and watch bad people do bad things and do nothing.... Cop, teacher, taxicab driver, etc... Don't matter. Cops SHOULD be held to a higher standard, more should be.expected from them.

Again...I don't hate cops...I hate bad people. Bad people with power are even worse.

Im assuming you dont have children, do you?
                            How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

[YOUTUBE]0En_sdsyh1M[/YOUTUBE]

Dun, would you consider this guy a good or a bad cop?

Personally I would have arrested this guy for being a smart ass. He is lucky he wasnt shot.
                              How long can you go without believing in YOURSELF, before you are officially dead!

This isn't "Tea-Time Relaxy-Muscle", this is INTENSE Muscle. Bring something to the table or don't fucking show up. - Sammich

Comment

Pg2go,
                                Keeps chopping up so I can't watch it rt now. My signal must not be strong enough. I'll try later.

Dr. Seuss

Nicki Minaj

Comment

Working...
                                X